[Official] MSFT “Xbox All Access”annouced: combined Game Pass, Gold, and console into 1 monthly pmt

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
'Xbox All Access' looks like a new subscription service with Xbox Live, Game Pass, and a console

Microsoft may be planning to unveil a new subscription service dubbed "Xbox All Access," granting users the opportunity to split the cost of an Xbox console and associated subscriptions over two years.

We've heard Microsoft is soon planning to debut a new contract-based monthly subscription service dubbed "Xbox All Access," offering the cheapest way to get an Xbox console, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass.

As always, plans can (and do) change, but if what we've heard is accurate, Microsoft is looking to unveil its new "Xbox All Access" service later this month. If you're wondering why it wasn't announced at Gamescom 2018 in Germany, it's because it's looking like it's US-only.

Customers will be able to pay around $22 per month and net themselves an Xbox One S, Xbox Live, and Xbox Game Pass for two years. Around $35 will net them an Xbox One X.

Paying upfront, an Xbox One S costs around $230on the Microsoft Store with a free game. Xbox Live currently costs $59.99 on the Microsoft Store for a year, with Xbox Game Pass costing $9.99 per month. You can often get Xbox Live cards cheaper through Amazon, or other associated deals, but at the retail price, Xbox All Access should work out a little cheaper over time than paying for all of these services outright. After the two year contract period has been fully paid, users will own their consoles as expected.

If accurate, Xbox All Access will debut for US customers in the near future, through the Microsoft Store and possibly other retailers. It could be the easiest, cheapest way yet to access the Xbox One family, spreading the cost out over two years, while also guaranteeing developers a boost in long-term Xbox Game Pass subscriptions, guaranteeing a larger player base on the service. Microsoft is pursuing Xbox Game Pass aggressively, supporting the service with an all-new app for mobile devices, while cutting various deals with big-name third-party titles. Xbox All Access seems like it'd be the logical next step.

@Fatboi :mjgrin: this how they gonna get ppl to buy the new high prices console

EDIT 08/27/18: Officially annouced

https://kotaku.com/new-xbox-all-access-program-lets-you-pay-monthly-for-an-1828624703

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I remember there were rumors of msft doing this with either the 360 or the one, I can’t remember.

As I said in the other thread, makes sense to adopt the cell phone model and let ppl “finance” a console and trade it in for an upgrade ala Apple.

If msft does this, and bolster game pass, it would be a big blow to game stop IMO as they make a lot of their money from used consoles and games.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I was VERY skeptical when I was reading...

But the fact that you keep your console after 2 years? Nice.

----------------------

That being said, I am a big critic of "rent a centers" and how predatory they can be with lower income people who tend to be their customers. Microsoft could really lose me as a supporter if they end up taking advantage with crazy penalties is missed payments happen.

So, I'll be watching this closely.

It makes sense as a parent. If a child wants a $500 console with games and gold it gets costly..... they will get a 1x with a 100 games and gold for $35 a month....imo a steal ‍:manny:

Co-sign

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Yall know damn well mufukkaz with shytty credit will be fukked :mjlol:

nikkaz looking at their credit reports with high balances and late payments hits due to "Xbox". :laff:
The insecurity of this post is telling :sas2:

Anyways, any kid with a parttime job can now afford the most powerful console in the history of the land :wow:

Savvy people will be able to nab all that for around $400 or less :yeshrug:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm @Fatboi1 :pachaha:not @fatboi whoever that is.

This is interesting. I wonder how they'll deal with folks who will pay the first month or two and then stop paying for some reason.

@Liquid
fukk with their experience by forcing them to only play games like the scrubs who subscribe to PS NOW do. shyt will force people to straighten up quick after the first few dropped frames :huhldup:

Or just ban the console lol

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Worst idea ever. Thst means you'll never be a full owner of your console.

Microsoft better realize this the world of consoles, not smartphones.