[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've had Peace Walker for years and never finished it. Is it necessary to play Ground Zeroes or can i go from Peace Walker to Phantom Pain?
I don't think it's necessary to play ground zero, but it only takes like an hour or so to beat. Nothing substantial happened as far as I can tell.
you rescue a child and a woman and then the woman blows up

To be honest, after playing ground zero, I'm lost as hell, and I watched overviews and read timelines too. Maybe it'll make more sense to you if you are all up on the canon. I gotta do more reading up on the back story apparently, because shyt is confusing!

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I don't think it's necessary to play ground zero, but it only takes like an hour or so to beat. Nothing substantial happened as far as I can tell.
you rescue a child and a woman and then the woman blows up

To be honest, after playing ground zero, I'm lost as hell, and I watched overviews and read timelines too. Maybe it'll make more sense to you if you are all up on the canon. I gotta do more reading up on the back story apparently, because shyt is confusing!

Lol your honestly trying to peice to much of the puzzle at once, while admirable, is kinda suicide for a series like MGS.

Snake eater and peace walker are really the only things that are relevant to tpp. I read you don't even have to play ground zeroes cuz they recap it in the game.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Lol your honestly trying to peice to much of the puzzle at once, while admirable, is kinda suicide for a series like MGS.

Snake eater and peace walker are really the only things that are relevant to tpp. I read you don't even have to play ground zeroes cuz they recap it in the game.
For real breh. I'm reading over the timeline like 3 times and there is just so much going on. I want to be prepared for this game though. I bought the legacy collection, but I know I'm not gonna play that before mgsv. shyt is just so complex :mindblown:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I give up. :yeshrug: I'm just gonna go in and play the game as is. Hopefully I'm not too lost. The timeline was helpful, but there are just too many groups and different names for the same character. shyt is confusing as hell.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I give up. :yeshrug: I'm just gonna go in and play the game as is. Hopefully I'm not too lost. The timeline was helpful, but there are just too many groups and different names for the same character. shyt is confusing as hell.

lol the timeline is pretty straight forward with names and time periods imo. its even color coordinated for the main canon.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Reading it doesnt help. Playing the games is way better imo :manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
lol the timeline is pretty straight forward with names and time periods imo. its even color coordinated for the main canon.
Yeah, but then characters have 3 names. There are different liquids. People join different groups, then rejoin, and they're all renamed like 5 times. It's hard to keep track of.