[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
No.

I wish the Coli had a feature to make threads invisible I think I need to check out of this thread until September

To make it invisible you'd have to put the op in your ignore list :troll:

Unwatch the thread and just ignore it when you see that title in the front page. I've been on media blackout before it's easy to avoid spoilers.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Ive been on a relative black out. I don't know of any of the new mechanics besides what was initially shown last e3 (mother base, invasions etc)

I don't know any context of the chars that appear, I just know they appear.

Havent really read any impressions, I just copy and paste. September will be here before we know it. Batman this month, might grab Until Dawn in august. :ahh:

-DMP-

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Ive been on a relative black out. I don't know of any of the new mechanics besides what was initially shown last e3 (mother base, invasions etc)

I don't know any context of the chars that appear, I just know they appear.

Havent really read any impressions, I just copy and paste. September will be here before we know it. Batman this month, might grab Until Dawn in august. :ahh:

-DMP-

I'm pretty much starving till MGSV comes out. :mjcry:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It looks like the first hour of the game is going to be boring unless they really do pull off that epic feeling that Naughty Dog did with the opening for The Last of Us.

"And I, for one, couldn't be happier. Last year Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes gave us a look at how an open-world Metal Gear Solid would work, and so the moment to moment feel of infiltration, scouting and action shouldn't come as a surprise to fans, but its opening hour will. Without going into spoilers, I can say that it's no more interactive than the prologue to The Last of Us, only - in true Kojima form - it's about four times longer than Naughty Dog's harrowing opening.
Limiting the player to camera control and sluggish character movement for such a long time sounds like it would be boring - and indeed it may upon replaying - but it's a testament to Kojima's abilities as a pseudo-filmmaker that this peculiar prologue is never, ever dull."

I skimmed over the article. I didn't really see any spoilers.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...olid-5-a-phantom-battle-waged-by-the-vanished

I'm a little worried about the game playing like a bunch of individual levels spread out in over an open world vs the way Skyrim and the witcher 3 handles open world where everything is connected. I'm not sure If I'm explaining it right.

The game is still going to be epic though so you better watch what you say about my GOAT game series. :ufdup:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
It looks like the first hour of the game is going to be boring unless they really do pull off that epic feeling that Naughty Dog did with the opening for The Last of Us.

"And I, for one, couldn't be happier. Last year Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes gave us a look at how an open-world Metal Gear Solid would work, and so the moment to moment feel of infiltration, scouting and action shouldn't come as a surprise to fans, but its opening hour will. Without going into spoilers, I can say that it's no more interactive than the prologue to The Last of Us, only - in true Kojima form - it's about four times longer than Naughty Dog's harrowing opening.
Limiting the player to camera control and sluggish character movement for such a long time sounds like it would be boring - and indeed it may upon replaying - but it's a testament to Kojima's abilities as a pseudo-filmmaker that this peculiar prologue is never, ever dull."

I skimmed over the article. I didn't really see any spoilers.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...olid-5-a-phantom-battle-waged-by-the-vanished

I'm a little worried about the game playing like a bunch of individual levels spread out in over an open world vs the way Skyrim and the witcher 3 handles open world where everything is connected. I'm not sure If I'm explaining it right.

The game is still going to be epic though so you better watch what you say about my GOAT game series. :ufdup:
everything im reading implies that main missions are confined to a specific area on the map and if you leave that area you just give up and arent penalized :manny: while side ops are throughout the whole map and there is a free mode where you just get dropped off and do whatever :manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Brace your self guys IMPRESSION OVERLOAD.

This is the impression from kinda funny game

GameTrailers Preview

Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/two-hours-with-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-1710031428

PC Gamer
http://www.pcgamer.com/metal-gear-solid-5-delivers-spectacular-open-world-stealth/
"It’s largely new territory for the series, and for the first time it feels as though Kojima has allowed himself to be influenced by other games. Sending recruits off to complete global missions in the menus has the fingerprints of Assassin’s Creed all over it, while the ability to pick and choose the order of story mission batches in the open world is Grand Theft Auto-like. But Metal Gear Solid has always celebrated player choice, and that’s what these extra layers represent: more control over how your adventure unfolds, and more say in how you best evolve your play style.

Those seeking the classic Metal Gear experience should know The Phantom Pain doesn’t disappoint when it comes to corner-hiding, throat-stabbing espionage—but to play it in this manner requires some extreme restraint when the game is urging you to experiment with all it has to offer."

IGN
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05...ont page)&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Blogroll

"Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is shaping up to be the most polished open world stealth game I’ve played, with lots of missions to complete, resources to gather, and equipment to develop. Most importantly, it tucks all of it behind the freedom to choose and develop your tools and resources to suit the way you play. If the rest of the game is as impressive, it might be one of the best stealth action games yet made."

Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/09/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/

Though its structure is similar to Peace Walker, this is the first mainline and numbered game in the series that isn't completely focused on narrative. There are none of those classic nearly 30-minute-long cutscenes; instead the game seems to intend for the player to craft their own stories through exploration in the open world."

Gamereactor UK:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/321604/Metal+Gear+Solid+V:+The+Phantom+Pain/
"As you might guess, there was a lot to do during the hours we got to play the game, but even if there wasn't time for everything, we got to encounter some thoroughly memorable moments. Beside one of the toughest boss situations in any game ever, there were plenty of special and unexpected events. Like when one discovers that the torn-down power lines laying in the water you just stepped in can kill, or when you meet a huge bear in the middle of the woods, attach it to a Fulton balloon and send it to the Mother Base. it's a brilliant entertainment."

Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-15-hours-in-af/1100-6427900/

"Afghanistan is one of several locales in the game, and I walked away amazed that it took me so long to get through the main missions there, let alone the side op missions, many of which fell by the wayside as I tried to get through as much of the story as possible. I had a lot of questions going into the event, and while some were answered, there are so many more that cropped up. The Phantom Pain is unlike any other Metal Gear game I've ever played, and I can't wait to finish what I started."

Polygon:
http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/9/8750385/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-preview

Ronald

Daps

the previews last week said its Kojimas finest directional hour, and probably the greatest opening ever :manny:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Ground Zeroes' ending. Wasn't expecting that.
:huhldup:
I listened to Chico's tapes, too. Gives the 'Here's To You' track a much darker meaning.
Kojima really isn't pulling any punches.
:whoo:
My first time ever playing a MGS game and I went full (struggle) stealth.
Netted a D grade. :gag:
I'm playing through again using the CQC more & trying to limit casualties.
Hitting guys with combos and creeping with 'Here's To You' on repeat in the background.
Phantom Pain might be GOTY.
:ohlawd:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I was :patrice: after msg 4 and a little :manny: after ground zero, but these preview impressions got me feeling :blessed:

MGS 5, the Witcher 3, Batman AK, Xcom 2, and Tomb Raider...and if Fallout 4 drops in 2015 :banderas: 2015 will have been good to a breh.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I was :patrice: after msg 4 and a little :manny: after ground zero, but these preview impressions got me feeling :blessed:

MGS 5, the Witcher 3, Batman AK, Xcom 2, and Tomb Raider...and if Fallout 4 drops in 2015 :banderas: 2015 will have been good to a breh.
u forgot Halo 5 breh and the usual AC's and COD's

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
u forgot Halo 5 breh and the usual AC's and COD's

nah i left those off on purpose. i'll play halo 5 just because i kind of like the sp. i probably play ac and cod just out of habit but i don't really care about them.