[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there is no way to approach the truck without the skulls coming out

i used smoke grenades and just led them into the corner, then turned up field to the car when they were out of vision and drove away :skip:
I wonder if it's possible to reach the trucks BEFORE they reach the airport.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if it's possible to reach the trucks BEFORE they reach the airport.
Dont listen to that casual.

If you use the robot you can shoot a fulton cannon at them dudes as they drive by and send them to the wormhole.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got like 100 hours in this shyt. :dwillhuh:
Coming back to it after a few months and it feels like there's even more to do now. I swear leveling up the different Staff groups is easier. The challenge rank is new to me.

It's on sale for Steam too $40.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Digital Extended Soundtrack for MGSV will contain all 114 songs link :yes:

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Extended-Soundtrack.jpg

Extended soundtrack is out brehs...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Even though the story in the final version of the game is pretty much unfinished, it seems like series creator Hideo Kojima already had a clear idea on the Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain themes a few years ago, as revealed in a new interview with the MGSV novel author Kanji Yano.

Talking with Famitsu about Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain’s story, Mr. Yano revealed that Hideo Kojima already described the central elements of the plot and the Moby dikk references back in 2011. Mr. Yano also revealed that some elements were different from the final version of the story, like Huey’s role and more. You can check out an English translation from the interview right below but avoiding reading it if you have yet to complete the game, as it includes a huge spoiler. (Thanks, FriedTofuGuy)

Famitsu: “So, why do you think Mr Kojima used moby dikk references in MGSV? ”
Kenji Yano:
To tell the truth, Mr Kojima had already told me his ideas about MGSV in 2011. At that point, all the themes were already in his mind.
Phantom Pain, vocal cord parasites, race and revenge, and of course, Moby dikk too.
But at this point, Ishmael was Huey. Snake was Ahab and Diamond Dogs were fighting with America.Huey was sided with America, and the story was supposed to be told from him, from America’s view of justice.The reason the role of Ishmael changed from Huey to BIGBOSS will be revealed later.

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain is now available in all regions on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. The game’s online mode, Metal Gear Online, will be launched on PC next month.

Read more: Metal Gear Solid V Themes Were Already In Place In 2011, Ishmael's Original Identity Revealed

@-DMP- @Mowgli @Fatboi1
The way I see it now is essentially, we never got the game Kojima wanted us to get. Soon as the issues with Konami started he changed gears and tanked the story.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Even though the story in the final version of the game is pretty much unfinished, it seems like series creator Hideo Kojima already had a clear idea on the Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain themes a few years ago, as revealed in a new interview with the MGSV novel author Kanji Yano.

Talking with Famitsu about Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain’s story, Mr. Yano revealed that Hideo Kojima already described the central elements of the plot and the Moby dikk references back in 2011. Mr. Yano also revealed that some elements were different from the final version of the story, like Huey’s role and more. You can check out an English translation from the interview right below but avoiding reading it if you have yet to complete the game, as it includes a huge spoiler. (Thanks, FriedTofuGuy)

Famitsu: “So, why do you think Mr Kojima used moby dikk references in MGSV? ”
Kenji Yano:
To tell the truth, Mr Kojima had already told me his ideas about MGSV in 2011. At that point, all the themes were already in his mind.
Phantom Pain, vocal cord parasites, race and revenge, and of course, Moby dikk too.
But at this point, Ishmael was Huey. Snake was Ahab and Diamond Dogs were fighting with America.Huey was sided with America, and the story was supposed to be told from him, from America’s view of justice.The reason the role of Ishmael changed from Huey to BIGBOSS will be revealed later.

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain is now available in all regions on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. The game’s online mode, Metal Gear Online, will be launched on PC next month.

Read more: Metal Gear Solid V Themes Were Already In Place In 2011, Ishmael's Original Identity Revealed

@-DMP- @Mowgli @Fatboi1
The way I see it now is essentially, we never got the game Kojima wanted us to get. Soon as the issues with Konami started he changed gears and tanked the story.

I can see why they forced kojima to make it about snake. Ppl spewed venom for playing as a "Fake" Snake. Imagine what they would do if they bought the final and last metal gear and you playing as fukking Huey/Otacon :dead:

Would be worst than the Raiden switch.

Big Boss vs America is dope and should have been where the story went with any way (b/c that's what it eventually becomes in MG1)

XOF should have been an American org with the sole intent on destroying big boss before he amassed outer haven. XOF, with help of huey, DESTROY diamond dogs, Big Boss escapes to south Africa to creat Outer Heaven and destroy America :ahh: Chapter 3 starts with Miller working with America again, pissed that big boss left him, Ocelot is MIA (looking for liquid), big boss is in south Africa and meets sniper wolf/gray fox, starts outer heaven while contacting miller under the guise of surrender.

US agrees to Pardon Big Boss, big boss has huey killed (Since BB is evil now), secretly already has outer haven up and going :wow:

US gets word and asks Big Boss to do them "one last mission" and destroy outer heaven :scheme:

He gets there and asks for support, they send gray fox, he reports that gray fox needs help, send the best rookie, aka solid snake.

Big Boss, having already done reconnaissance on the area, is able to guide SS in.

SS finds plans for a metal gear that can target any part of America, from its current location, and it has Diamond Dog insignia on it :ohhh:

SS vs Gray Fox fight.

SS vs Metal Gear Fight

SS vs Big Boss

Escape Sequence

Fin

After credits (Ocelot and Liquid discussing plans for MGS1)

It could've been special damnit :mjcry:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I can see why they forced kojima to make it about snake. Ppl spewed venom for playing as a "Fake" Snake. Imagine what they would do if they bought the final and last metal gear and you playing as fukking Huey/Otacon :dead:

Would be worst than the Raiden switch.

Big Boss vs America is dope and should have been where the story went with any way (b/c that's what it eventually becomes in MG1)

XOF should have been an American org with the sole intent on destroying big boss before he amassed outer haven. XOF, with help of huey, DESTROY diamond dogs, Big Boss escapes to south Africa to creat Outer Heaven and destroy America :ahh: Chapter 3 starts with Miller working with America again, pissed that big boss left him, Ocelot is MIA (looking for liquid), big boss is in south Africa and meets sniper wolf/gray fox, starts outer heaven while contacting miller under the guise of surrender.

US agrees to Pardon Big Boss, big boss has huey killed (Since BB is evil now), secretly already has outer haven up and going :wow:

US gets word and asks Big Boss to do them "one last mission" and destroy outer heaven :scheme:

He gets there and asks for support, they send gray fox, he reports that gray fox needs help, send the best rookie, aka solid snake.

Big Boss, having already done reconnaissance on the area, is able to guide SS in.

SS finds plans for a metal gear that can target any part of America, from its current location, and it has Diamond Dog insignia on it :ohhh:

SS vs Gray Fox fight.

SS vs Metal Gear Fight

SS vs Big Boss

Escape Sequence

Fin

After credits (Ocelot and Liquid discussing plans for MGS1)

It could've been special damnit :mjcry:
To bad Kojima is a fukkboy.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I just got this for PC. Picked it instead of GTA5 cause that shyt takes up 65 gigs of HD space :huhldup:

Im way too impatient for this game. I see an outpost, scout it out for like a minute.... Look at where im standing, I know it aint the optimal spot to infiltrate from but im like fukk it, Im going in :leostare:

Always have to spray my automatic all over the place. I wanna play stealthily but it aint happening :skip:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I just got this for PC. Picked it instead of GTA5 cause that shyt takes up 65 gigs of HD space :huhldup:

Im way too impatient for this game. I see an outpost, scout it out for like a minute.... Look at where im standing, I know it aint the optimal spot to infiltrate from but im like fukk it, Im going in :leostare:

Always have to spray my automatic all over the place. I wanna play stealthily but it aint happening :skip:
That's what's so dope about this game though. there isn't any ONE way to play it. It really does vary from player to player.

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
14 minutes of an unedited MGO match by me:

(Make sure to hit the HD button)

This is me with A1 communication with my teammates throughout the match via codecs (randoms too). It stopped me from getting 'fultoned' numerous times because I was getting snatched up. I pulled off some decent shots this match also (I stepped it up the 2nd round).

The pacing is much less hectic, and dare I say "good" with the two patches when considering the mechanics of the core game was designed to be faster than the gameplay in MGS4. There's strategy involved now. You PC dudes, unlike the console players, are going to get a very playable multiplayer right off the bat this month when it launches.

The MGO community is slowly starting to back this game (I've had no problems finding matches) and with survival mode, DLC, and another patch coming this month, the player count will only increase.

I'm enjoying myself now :ehh:.

Last edited: