[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
They do has a spiritual connection though....it's obvious in TPP
Like I said y'all really don't play MG if you think that's far fetched

Pretend like Vamp didn't want Raiden's ass
Pretend Vamp wasn't fukkin' Fortune's father

Pretend Volgin didn't grip the shyt out of Snake's balls

Should I go on:mjlol:

I'm saying :laff:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MGO is f*cking terrible. why must every franchise now push for MP, it's so unnecessary.
It's not like MGO is something new.

This is the 3rd MGS game with it... whoever play tested this version of MGO failed them though. Too much cheese seeped through to retail. Hard to take it serious at all after hours understanding how broken the shyt is on numerous levels.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
They do has a spiritual connection though....it's obvious in TPP
Like I said y'all really don't play MG if you think that's far fetched

Pretend like Vamp didn't want Raiden's ass
Pretend Vamp wasn't fukkin' Fortune's father

Pretend Volgin didn't grip the shyt out of Snake's balls

Should I go on:mjlol:
I try not to remember. :yeshrug:
Those specific parts didn't stand out to me as much as they did to you.
Don't remind me again.

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I try not to remember. :yeshrug:
Those specific parts didn't stand out to me as much as they did to you.
Don't remind me again.
Vamp shankin you in the chest then lickin the blade :scusthov:
:mjcry::sadcam:

In all seriousness. MG's last hope is MGO with continuous updates.

But I'll be foolish to think Konami won't make re-makes with the new Fox Engine. I doubt they'll sell it.

Edit: Also I'm HEAVY in TPP's files on PC. People better than me are trying their hardest to mod this shyt. Most of our programs don't work since this is literally original file types for Fox Engine.

Soon we'll have everything the game was missing.

I'm hoping for
-Skull Side Ops
-More Soldiers/Child Soldiers generated in the open
-Realistic Mods (The ones now are faulty)

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids

But I'll be foolish to think Konami won't make re-makes with the new Fox Engine. I doubt they'll sell it.
:scusthov:

Some Grey Fox DLC :blessed:

Too bad they jerked themselves :mjcry:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Edit: Also I'm HEAVY in TPP's files on PC. People better than me are trying their hardest to mod this shyt. Most of our programs don't work since this is literally original file types for Fox Engine.

Soon we'll have everything the game was missing.

I'm hoping for
-Skull Side Ops
-More Soldiers/Child Soldiers generated in the open
-Realistic Mods (The ones now are faulty)
All the game needed was more unique bosses. Konami is a company known for bosses. Kojima with that artsy fartsy trash fukked it all up

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
All the game needed was more unique bosses. Konami is a company known for bosses. Kojima with that artsy fartsy trash fukked it all up
From his comments I gather he didn't agree with a lot of things in TPP. But hey...I don't know the man personally..I would of thought he'd have enough backbone to stick up for his vision...

I get what he was trying to do though....but its hard balancin fan service vs. konami politics

Still an amazing game to me..but like many it wont see it's potential anytime soon :francis:

Last edited:

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Back on MGO2 :ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

7GBE9mN.jpg

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Famitsu recently conducted and interview with Hideo Kojima and Iccho Mori. The pair fielded the question "Is that really how MGSV ends? Isn't there anything left for the players to do?"

『メタルギア ソリッド V』はあれで終わりなのか? プレイヤーにはまだやるべきことが残されているのではないか【ネタバレ注意】 - ファミ通.com

summary/translation from Famitsu: "Is that really how MGSV ends? Isn't there something else left for players to do?" "Kojima is hiding something" • /r/NeverBeGameOver

The majority of the article summarizes what we already know and feel -- that there's a phantom pain left behind after Episode 46, a "blank" as Kojima describes it in the novelization afterword. Whatever happened to revealing "the biggest mystery in the Metal Gear Saga," as was described in the game's marketing? It suggests that the actual message left behind after Episode 46, "the 'blank' or 'emptiness' that V leaves," seems to contradict this sort of marketing completely. "It feels a little wrong that Chapter 2, that MGSV itself, would end with Episode 46."

"Kojima is still hiding something."

Why does the author feel that way? What about that quote from Makime Manabu, the novelist that Kojima is known to be friends with (that the online component to MGSV involves something like a massive social or psychological experiment)?

And also this quote from the TGS 2015 presentation about FOBs. The MC, Mori Iccho, says the following in this video at 45:03:

Mori: There's only one thing I'm allowed to say -- you should definitely play FOBs. I can't say why. But if you really want to know the truth, you should play FOBs.

The article also brings up this never before seen quote from Kojima himself. The author states that it was from an interview that Famitsu had conducted with Kojima previously, but was cut for being too spoilerific:

Kojima: In MGSV, we hand the story (the legend) over to the player. That's how the player becomes the Big Boss in the MSX2 Metal Gear. You play the game as you will, raise up your Mother Base. That's the way I want the player to create his own story, thinking of things like "war" and "peace" as Big Boss. Up until now, the Metal Gear Saga was told by creating video games, but I want each player to think and come up with their own story (legend) on their own.

The author says that he didn't know what Kojima was talking about at the time, but he gets it now after having played MGSV -- that Kojima was telling us that we would carry the story on ourselves through FOBs.

Famitsu ends the article saying that because of this "theory," they're temporarily bringing back their MGSV stream (previously done as a countdown to the MGSV launch) for a special presentation on 10/30 on nuke development and FOB strategies.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
But we already know about the no nuke secret ending. What else could there be? Data miners basically found everything already. I'm not into FOB either :camby: