[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol breh imma need you to beat the game.

A lot of your stuff is answered at the end of the game.

Once you beat it, ill probably start a post game discussion in a separate thread so we wont have to mark spoilers. Ive been reading ALOT of theories out there, there is a lot of stuff that's taking place (or didn't take place) that should be noted.
Also I've been hearing MGO is gonna tie up some loose ends too. And the devs hinted that everything has not been discovered yet in the game.

Gonna try to finish this week so I can join in on yalls convo.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy

If you haven't already, make sure you do the Paz/Wondering MSF soldier side missions. The end of that side quest will REALLY have you questioning stuff and will really make you question the true end of the game.
How do I unlock that mission. Do I have to keep doing the side ops for that mission to unlock or will it be linked to the main story missions like the one for Huey was?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
How do I unlock that mission. Do I have to keep doing the side ops for that mission to unlock or will it be linked to the main story missions like the one for Huey was?
you need to go into the room on the third floor of the medical platform

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Also I've been hearing MGO is gonna tie up some loose ends too. And the devs hinted that everything has not been discovered yet in the game.

Gonna try to finish this week so I can join in on yalls convo.
That's what I'm thinking as well. I don't think MGO is going to be a bare bones multiplayer game. I have a feeling its going to have story elements thrown into it similar to what Titanfall was trying to do.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
you need to do the Wandering Mother Base Soldiers side ops. each time you complete one, it will give you a photo. show it to her
:ohhh:word that's right. I forgot about that. Each time ive come back with a pic. Do you know if there are any other important side ops I need to make sure I do? Im trying to catch up and beat the main game because I spent so much time in free roam and doing side missions. I'm ignoring the side ops to make up time.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I've done that a few times and it keeps cueing the same cut scene where she drops the magazine and I hand it to her.

Every time you capture an MSF soldier, you should get a pic, take that pic to paz and shell give some spill about the pic, get a head ache and drop it. Every other time you do it, you'll unlock a tape. You get 5 tapes from her in total. Also, there are a few unique cut scenes that will happen besides the usually "I need to lie down" thing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 @-DMP-
As far as mission 31 goes. The ending was incredibly confusing. As I expected, it left me with 6 million more questions than I had before. I was actually a bit disappointed with it, but then the intro to the second chapter made my jaw drop. :dame:
I've said it before and I still feel the same. I can't remember the last game that had me this hook. The story and gameplay is incredible. I would argue that any aspect of the game someone doesn't like could be easily ignored with the amount of freedom the game gives you to do things the way you want to do them. Stealth is definitely the smarter way to go about playing the game, but running and gunning is effective as well as long as the player understands that the game will get much harder, much faster that way.

Keeping in mind that I'm only on mission 32 (or 33, I don't even remember exactly at the moment) here's what I think so far with the story. You guys may know the answer already since you've beaten it, so whether I'm right or wrong don't spoil it because I've done everything humanly possible to avoid spoilers. All of these theories are coming from my knowledge of the past games:

This has to be Liquid. Everything about Liquid points to this being him. Liquid was hell bent on getting back at Big Boss, even though he wanted to build upon his perception of Big Boss' will. In MGS1 Liquid was dedicated to rebuilding Outer Heaven, but was also angry at Big Boss. I can see Eli's character continuing to build resentment for Big Boss. I also read that the back of his jacket says "Liquid People/Person" in Japanese but I don't know if that's an accurate translation.

This has to be psycho mantis, but who in the world is he working for exactly? Could he be working for Zero? I don't remember as much about Psycho Mantis from MGS1. I'm gonna have to go back and watch a few cut scenes as a refresher.

I've been wondering...why isn't Big Boss' face cut up at the end of MGS4? Looking at his face in MGSV closer, it almost looks like someone is wearing a Big Boss mask. Like, there's lines for stitches. I don't know if I'm looking to much into it. I just don't get how his face could look so mangled in this one and look perfectly fine in the ending of MGS4. This reminds me of what Decoy Octopus was doing in MGS1. He would go to incredible lengths to steal someone's identity, even having blood transfusions to change his blood type. In that game, he took the place of Donald Anderson, the DARPA chief and was killed by the Fox Die virus when he was exposed to Solid Snake. I don't know. Maybe I'm completely off because I never expected Decoy Octopus to be in this game. He never seemed that important to the story before. But something isn't right about Big Boss' face.

Did he ever really exist? I could be way off about this guy too but for some reason I get the impression that he isn't a real person, more like a projection of someone else's personality. I don't have much to go on as far as he goes but I'm confused as to what his deal really is.
What did you think about the mission 30? The jeep ride with Skull Face :mjlol:
As far as everything else, just keep playing. You'll find out.
Just to make everything easier, do only the yellow side ops and yellow missions for Chapter 2. If you get to a point where it looks like there's nothing yellow to do I think a few side ops will trigger something. You don't have to do those subsistence/extreme missions over.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as everything else, just keep playing. You'll find out.
Just to make everything easier, do only the yellow side ops and yellow missions for Chapter 2. If you get to a point where it looks like there's nothing yellow to do I think a few side ops will trigger something. You don't have to do those subsistence/extreme missions over.
Dialog was :whoo: :whew:

GOAT Game

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It was uncomfortably long :dame::dame::dame: and although the music by itself was very dope, it made it look like two lovers staring into each others eyes. At one point I just spun the camera around them really fast to make it look like they were singing to each other. Obviously I didn't take that scene as seriously as Kojima would have wanted me to.