[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Yo my favorite character is Eli
The way he just mess around with the soldiers on Mother base. Picking fights with Big Boss and Ocelot. When we first met him, damn lil chucky devil stab in the back with the machete:mjlol:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Problem is Ahab is a complete stranger, nobody knows who he is. There is hardly any development of Venom being Venom, we don't know how he was as Venom even during this game, he's just a random medic. Look at MGS2 which they did something similar, you thought you were gonna play as Snake nope you play as this kid named Raiden, plenty of character development there with the codec calls with his girlfriend reminiscing.

You finish MGS5, you were not actually Big Boss, then who the fukk is this guy? Nah, the real Big Boss was doing something I wish I did in this game which is building Outer Heaven. He probably met Sniper Wolf, and Grey Fox along the way
I agree with you my dude, Kojima did a really shyt job developing the character in the previous games...I think what he was trying to get at is that we the player are the medic...That's why you create your own face in the beginning...You don't need a backstory on yourself...It's lazy as fukk on Kojima's end and he didn't pull it off properly...That's why it feels like Ahab came out of nowhere but again he wasn't some E scrub who magically fought like Big Boss on the battlefield because Ocelot hypnotized him...

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
I agree with you my dude, Kojima did a really shyt job developing the character in the previous games...I think what he was trying to get at is that we the player are the medic...That's why you create your own face in the beginning...You don't need a backstory on yourself...It's lazy as fukk on Kojima's end and he didn't pull it off properly...That's why it feels like Ahab came out of nowhere but again he wasn't some E scrub who magically fought like Big Boss on the battlefield because Ocelot hypnotized him...
and tbh big boss was to the boss what the medic was to big boss. weve seen the msf troops learning cqc so you know they on point in that regard. and we know that the medic is big boss' right hand man so it makes sense but kojima dropped the ball

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm over here running like 1000M to my objective and shyt and I find some dude in a car!! I hold him up and steal his ride GTA style and I'm pushing it to my objective and I finally get near that shyt and my car rolls off the cliff and I end up falling out and dying with my dog. :russ:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
S ranks... loll.

I'm running through with D and E ranks. Straight savage out there. Guards see me they know it's night night time or casket time depending on my ammo. C4 to your door.
Damn breh I get A and B ranks doing the same shyt. Just be quick and efficient.

I was doing a prisoner extracting mission all stealth and tranq darts but towards the end right before I got the prisoner I called in the air strike and pulled my chopper out and got to mowing nikkas down:russ:

This game has its negative shyt but the gameplay is:banderas:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yo how do i get my Medical Team Lvl up? Everything else is either 20+ or 18+ but the Medical is only 12

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I don't get it. You expand your fob just to play online and the earnings you get from stealing online dont carry over to your offline experience?

I had to do some extra reading, and from what I've read the shyt you still will carry over to your offline experience

So lets you have 0 fuel resources and you stil steal some, those resources can be used for your MB and/or your FOB that you will use for online purposes anyway..and technically offline because people can attack you while your offline

If I'm wrong someone chip in

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Quick tip: I understand people want to recruit only high ranking soldiers but you can recruit low to mid level and rank them up.

I believe there is a potential that'll bring a solider from C to S+ as long as you know what you're doing

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mission 16
:russ: I'm sitting here chasing this damn tank and truck because my checkpoint starts where it gets real late and they're already far into their route. I then restarted the mission and rambo'd my way to intel and found the airport and I seen them setting up shop over there. I'm tryna figure out a way to get that damn truck right there but I had earlier destroyed the tank en route and then the truck had the Skulls hop out.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Word of advice, do those ambush combat deployments. You can stop the shipments of helmets, body armor, and sniper rifles to outposts.

Tank missions and heavy assault unit elimination missions will still have the usual equipment though.