[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
some people like a more 'clean' design. plus it looks like something Metal Gear themed, as opposed to a blatant advertisement for a game
This is true, but there's a thin line between "clean" and lazy. I could definitely support a simplistic design if more was done to make it a collector's edition. For example, again, the R2D2 Xbox not only had a creative graphic design but the actual sounds were change as well. They did the same for the Halo version. When you turned on the console it sounded like the shields powering up. A MGS PS4 could easily have the iconic Codec sounds on power up of the system. I don't feel like I'm asking a lot. This has been done successfully several times on previous systems, and if this is supposed to be "the next generation" I would expect some forward movement.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Apparently, that is the Japanese CE anyway. No clue if this will make it state side. :mjcry:

-DMP-

I can't imagine that it wouldn't make it stateside. A collector's edition is pretty much mandatory for this game. They did one for MG Rising and that wasn't even a part of the core MGS saga. I'm just glad the collector's edition didn't turn out to be a card board box.

The Order 1886

KORRA KORRA AKA TOP LAD
Daps
3jpg-1dde05_624w.jpg

4jpg-3b027f_624w.jpg

mgsps4jpg-1dde07_624w.jpg

1jpg-3b027d_624w.jpg

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
He's assuming Uncharted 4 is also getting a September release which I really doubt.

Uncharted (Nov. 19)
Uncharted 2 (Oct. 13)
Uncharted 3 (Nov. 1)

IMO UC4 will be a November release. :mjcry:

Nah I'm referring to the fact that Uncharted 4 is also releasing this year (Rumored to have a Summer release but I doubt it)

I get to play Uncharted 4 and MGS V back to back :blessed:

While in University :mjcry:

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, ignore Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Batman, FF Type-O HD, MLB 15, MKX, Ratchet & Clank, Until Dawn, DmC etc and PS4 fans really have nothing to play until September. :mjlol:
Wasn't The Heauxder 1886 at the head of that list a few weeks ago? :mjkkk:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Personalize your outfit, mother base, and helicopter.

Players will be able to create their own emblems in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Kojima Productions announced on the latest Kojima Station broadcast.
Emblem editing consists of many layers, such as silhouettes and letter characters, that can be placed one on top of the other and changed color. You’ll find additional parts for use in emblem creation as you clear missions.
The emblem you create will be attached to your outfit, mother base, helicopter, and such, and will provide personal appeal when playing online.
The limited edition version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will include the “Venom Snake” emblem, whose parts you can use in your emblem creation.

Watch the latest Kojima Station below for an up-close look at the bionic arm included with the limited edition, as well as the special edition PlayStation 4 model.