[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I've only used lethal force to do one of the additional missions on the 1st Episode.

The part where it says extract the Commander from that base that's got a shyt load of security. I got spotted, and was like fukk this and started gunning dudes down. Was trying to do it the nice way for hours and couldn't find the Commander, but he just popped out after I got spotted so I knocked him out while taking gunfire and just sent him back to Mother Base... called my horse and got up outta there.

About that additional mission

I found that dude easily (blowing up one of their satellites brings him out on alert) but when I tried to extract him with the fulton, I got caught (I think it was a guy in a tower). So I started mowing them down too. The fulton went up without getting popped though. Then I ran off and called my horse to leave the mission area. Rank B :mjcry:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
About that additional mission

I found that dude easily (blowing up one of their satellites brings him out on alert) but when I tried to extract him with the fulton, I got caught (I think it was a guy in a tower). So I started mowing them down too. The fulton went up without getting popped though. Then I ran off and called my horse to leave the mission area. Rank B :mjcry:
I really thought I'd be able to finesse that shyt after I got an interpreter
:mjcry:

I was going to interrogate my way to finding him, but after continuously getting spotted (and I turned off Reflex Mode so I have to really scout out a lot before moving) I was like fukk this. I didn't kill anybody when I cleared the main missions in this episode though. This was like my 3rd time going back there, so I figured I'd buss my guns for the sake of doing that last mission.

:manny:

I got an A rank my first time through, and that's probably because I was taking my time, I didn't even alert or kill anybody and I still got an A, but I was in there for at least an hour or 2 just exploring the environment

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sidenote: I'm so glad I downloaded Ground Zero's a few months back when it was free on PSN. Gives you the basics for how the game works so when you get TPP it's flows smooth and you already have the controls down. And since Ground Zero's isn't in this joint, it gives me a reason to go back and try and get the rest of the trophies in that game.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I guess I'm straight trash. :mjcry:

Im pretty neurotic when it comes to MGS games these days, the minute I get spotted I reload to the check point. No matter if im at the objective and/or have completed it already. Its what makes the games fun for me

I use to be like fukk it tho, and just run through to the objective :pachaha:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Whats a combat unit with shytty weapons. Food.

oh you got good weapons?

nas-mask.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
With a 980 Ti I finished the prologue @ 4K and all the other settings left the way they were and I was a pretty consistent 60 fps. Most of that stuff was set to high so I didn't bump anything up beyond that.
I have a 980ti, and I'm playing at 1440p with everything maxed and HBAO+. I was playing at 2715x1527, but I turned it down a notch when I enabled HBAO+