[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
We got an announcement that a release date is coming soon. Well guess it's not coming til next Christmas

I heard they were going to show the game off at E3 this year. That tells me a Q4 release this year but the pessimist in me says early 2016 :mjcry:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
ZgcX5qt.jpg

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Should be Liquid

It's a damn shame that the best story they could have come up with was a series long feud between Liquid and Solid Snake, but Kojima completely lost his mind in MGS2 and everything has been a mess with the story ever since.

edit: Here is a bigger image for those who want to read it

iDrmGeh.jpg

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
Should be Liquid

It's a damn shame that the best story they could have come up with was a series long feud between Liquid and Solid Snake, but Kojima completely lost his mind in MGS2 and everything has been a mess with the story ever since.

edit: Here is a bigger image for those who want to read it

iDrmGeh.jpg
he said in an interview he regretted killing of liquid in mgs 1

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Biggest mistake he made during the whole franchise tbh, not even saying that just because he is my favorite character.

Liquid vs Solid had the most potential by FAR :snoop:
Not like he can't bring liquid back tonlofe with a secret clone

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
VOLGIN RETURNING IN PHANTOM PAIN

MGS5: Snake Can Take A Shower To Wash off the Blood, Man on Fire’s Identity Possibly Revealed
Possible spoiler.
20th, Feb. 2015 | Posted In News | By Rashid Sayed| Follow This Author @GamingBoltTweet
image: http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/mgsv_mgo_tga_09_web-Copy.jpg

Ever since the released of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes fans have been clamouring for a release date for The Phantom Pain. However it seems that Hideo Kojima is not in a hurry and will take his own time to make the game as polished as he possibly can. After all there is a lot riding for Konami on this game as The Phantom Pain is one of their biggest ever game release in recent years.
Today Hideo Kojima revealed an interesting feature that players can use in the game. Remember the screenshots we shared with you recently which showed off Snake covered in blood? Kojima has confirmed this is a gameplay feature and Snake can wash off the blood by taking a shower in the game (Thanks JunkerHQ for the translation). So unlike other games, the blood won’t just fade away magically in The Phantom Pain .
image: http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/volgin-mgs-5.jpg

According to an image emailed to GamingBolt, it seems that Square Enix Products have revealed the real identity of the Man on Fire. This character was first showcased during GDC 2013 and many had speculated him to be Volgin. Turns out he is indeed Volgin according to Square Enix Products. Now you may wonder why is Square Enix posting about Metal Gear Solid? Well, you see Square Enix handles the Kai Arts figurine business and they are apparently making figurines for the characters in Metal Gear Solid 5.
Another interesting point to be noted is that they actually decided to make a figurine out of him indicating that Volgin possibly has a major role in the game. Spoiler alert: Volgin was killed by Snake in Metal Gear Solid 3 but this won’t be the first time that a dead character is coming back. After all The Phantom Pain will deal with phantoms. However take this information with a grain of salt unless you hear it directly from Konami. We also searched through the 2015 photo stream of Square Enix Product Facebook page and it seems it was taken down.
Metal Gear Solid 5 does not have a release date but it’s confirmed to be coming out this year on almost all major platforms including PS4, Xbox One, PC as well as PS3 and Xbox 360.
Thanks Nathan for the image.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/mgs5-snake-ca...dentity-possibly-revealed#rIvTTmCI18AowUUQ.99

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Staying away from these little reveals is incredibly tough. I really want to experience everything in this game as fresh as possible. Eli being liquid would be :banderas:. I've been had my MGS fanboy fingers crossed for a young Solid and Liquid to appear at some point in this game.

Either way the game is gonna be dope. I hope it fills in a majority of the story gaps as Kojima says it will. As much as I stan for this game I seriously don't want it to be dragged out any further. The story gets more and more messy/confusing each time. Explaining plot twists with wild sci-fi is getting corny.