[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
My steelbok edition arrived this morning from Shopto (UK)

TPZIcMVl.jpg
That steelbook artwork is amazing, damn I should have went with that edition.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some Comparisons came out between last and current gen.
4DRSPMF.jpg

RBpWh6v.jpg

2JW5PYc.jpg

YXpSDXq.jpg

I made a gif.
lGiDlXd.gif

Not to mention this is running at sub720P on PS3/360 at 30fps with dips with paired back graphical features. :gag:

For the most part, the reduction in quality is well-judged. Resolution drops to something in the region of 992x720 on both older consoles with a rough-looking FXAA implementation in place. In turn this is matched by pared-back textures, normal maps and effects-work. For example, particle effects are reduced, while motion blur only seems active on engine-driven cut-scenes (though a very mild, pared-back effect may be in play during Xbox 360 gameplay), whereas it's a staple of the complete presentation on current-gen. Shadows are also cut back, with unique implementations for PS3 and Xbox 360 that best suit the hardware. However, one the most noticeable differences comes in level-of-detail (LOD) scaling, which sees far more aggressive pop-in manifest on the older platforms - a key reason why The Phantom Pain holds up a lot better in still images.
Easily explains why some pics of the PS3 version looked not that different in pictures.
I don't even know why they bothered with a PS3/360 version. I guess they were scared current gen consoles weren't going to be selling well.

Imagine the PC version graphics :wow:

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to shop there heavy shyt a decade ago :wow: . Used to plow a worker there, HEAVY. I think its time for a journey. Bet these fakkits wont tell me they selling it over the phone :steviej:

COME ON L.A STAND THE fukk UP. WHERE IS THIS GODDAMN GAMEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :damn:
although they may sell out or not say it over the phone, they always break release date. i gotta breh that usually picks up 10+ games at retail price, only to sell them for 100 on craigslist.

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
Would you recommend them over shopto?

Never pre-ordered from Shopto (only brought already released stuff). Sorry.

I will say 'fukk Amazon' though. Their shyt pre-order service (at least from my experience) was the only reason I went somewhere else. If I stuck with them, I'd have gotten the game 2 days late.

Last edited: