[Official] MGSV: The Phantom Pain Thread: GOTY Edition.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
its free leech on my tracker. shyt bout to boost the hell out of my ratio :ahh:

unpacking now. :blessed:

PM ME THE DETAILS BREH!! My tracker dont even got the shyt yet. Im contemplating paying for a upload.to account FOR ONE fukkING GAME :damn:

What u use?? I got a torrentday invite i can give ::smugbiden:

:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
@Los!

riginally Posted by maltrain

OK. So we made the unboxing of the Collector's Edition on YouTube yesterday and we noticed they didn't have DLC codes anywhere.

We talked to Konami and they gave us an answer: because of an error on the process, PS4 editions don't have DLC codes on the box. Xbox One editions have them.

Next week, Konami will send us the DLC codes for giving them to our clients. I suppose this will happen on every retailer.

So... GREAT NEWS. :smile:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
MOAR impressions.

Man this shyt sounds sooooo gud :noah:.

About 3-4 hours in here.

Completed 3 missions.

I'm very, very impressed. The game is absolutely fantastic. My main points thus far;

1.) It's gorgeous. The Fox Engine just has a really lovely, almost "soft" quality to it. Texture quality etc is excellent and the lighting is fantastic. I've not seen any particular weather conditions or anything yet, but in broad daylight the game looks fantastic. For those wondering, it's significantly nicer than Ground Zeroes was in the daytime.

2.) "Kojima Detail". For an open world environment and setting, it's incredibly rich in detail. Each area I've come across so far feels like its own place with its own set of challenges to consider. Everything from the environmental design to the buildings that can be explored, climbed on or traversed around, can be used to your advantage. On missions, even a small incidental outpost or village takes on its own importance and challenge. It feels like absolutely nothing has gone to waste even in areas this size.

3.) The audio tapes are excellent. I'm just listening to them with a cup of tea now while I post this. There's definitely back and forth like a codec conversation, and Snake talks a fair bit in some of them. They've already provided some really great insight to the early going of the game. Most are short too, generally between 1-3 minutes, so they're not a drag or inconvenience to listen to.

4.) Likewise, the games soundtrack and use of licensed music is wonderful. Used correctly it can pretty damn funny too. Silently extracting a high value target completely undiscovered, then fultoning him into the ether, all while
Kids in America
plays on a nearby radio, was absolutely hilarious.

5.) Yeah, the game is massive. There are sub-missions to complete within main missions, the mission scoring system as per Ground Zeroes, Side Ops, Mother Base.. there's a crazy amount of stuff going on with the game. Expanding Mother Base, using it to research new equipment and weapons, and then replaying earlier missions for better scores or more objectives using that equipment, is something that feels like it has almost limitless potential. And I say this before even seeing any of the other "buddies" and having only researched a cardboard box up to now. The scale of the game, at both an outward facing and deeper level, is enormous.

6.) The prologue is slow and I feel goes on a little long. I was glad when it ended. But once the game gets going, it pulls you off the leash pretty quickly. Once the core gameplay starts, you're pretty much straight in with two feet, aside from a couple of very small cutscenes and some tutorial elements. A bit like Ground Zeroes, once you're dropped into an area, that area is yours with very few interruptions until you're ready for extraction. So far, I think the balance between gameplay and narrative/cutscenes has been excellent since the prologue.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make excuses for being broke brehs. I dont wanna wait till tuesday knowing damn well your bytch ass ain't coppin on tuesday any way. You broke fukks disgust me

Last edited: