Official Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Thread

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I just beat the magneto boss. The stage after that.... :whew: That next level action. SO many upgrades in this shyt. Weapon options are nice. I still havnt got my second sword yet. Game is too real.

Cacs talkin bout *yea we can keep kidnapping kids from africa and mexico because no one gives a shyt* Haw man, these cacs must go. Pick this game up.

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
getting mine next week, but i'm reading shyt is only 5 1/2 6 hours with out cut scenes

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
getting mine next week, but i'm reading shyt is only 5 1/2 6 hours with out cut scenes

I played it for 5-6 hours today. I still have more major bosses to fight. Thats the total play time that count on the run where you succeeded. Thats not the total play time you put into the game.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Never played the demo but getting this as soon as it drops. Platinum gods!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The game doesn't count your play time with continues or cutscenes. That pic that leaked with the end game score is only the amount of time it took to successfully beat each section. So if you take 2 hours on 1 level, but end up beating that level in like 30 minutes after dying countless times, the counter only counts the 30 minutes.

It has 5 difficulty settings. I'll be playing this game multiple times, and with the DLC for the VR Missions, replay value won't be an issue.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The game doesn't count your play time with continues or cutscenes. That pic that leaked with the end game score is only the amount of time it took to successfully beat each section. So if you take 2 hours on 1 level, but end up beating that level in like 30 minutes after dying countless times, the counter only counts the 30 minutes.

It has 5 difficulty settings. I'll be playing this game multiple times, and with the DLC for the VR Missions, replay value won't be an issue.

Replay value is high. They throw some shyt at you enemy wise. The way they mix up the melee enemies with mechs and people in the cut blastin rockets has that ninja gaiden feel. SO pure.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Im on the last boss. Game is short but playing on hard, it will take you a long time to beat it still. Last boss, on hard, is, HARD! Bosses were fun overall, wish there were more. Looking forward to getting the new swords. The weapons you get off the bosses are kind of lame. I didnt unlock all of the skill techniques though and i know skills can be purchased to add new techniques to weapons you get from bosses so maybe there is more to some of the optional weapons then what i aquired. The skills are awesome. The sword is the best part of the game. The enemies are always fun to dismantle.

The combination of different foes are fun to take apart. The stealth aspect i just dont feel like using because id rather just take out waves after waves of enemies. Watching too many youtube videos on the game kind of spoiled it for me. They did not cop out on any of the bosses in this game. Each one is unique and has their own style and appeal. The parrying system makes you feel awesome and the sidestep strike makes the game unfair for the bosses. Every enemy flashes red when they are about to attack. I wish i could turn this off because back in the day, you had to just recognize the animation to know when to block attacks. Still, despite them giving you an indication of when they are going to attack, the game, on hard, is still incredibly challenging. The VR missions give you a break from the action when you're getting pulverized and are very fun to master.

Raidens acting at times is cringe worthy. He is probably the worst voice acted character in the game. Id say the only one unfortunately Especially toward the end but still, i felt for his character and what he was trying to accomplish.

I give this game a 9. It could have been better if it was longer and there were more bosses. Replay value is high because there is so much to unlock skill wise and technique wise. Slashing things into pieces never gets old and practialy everything in the game is cutable and dismantleable. This game, for fans of extreme action games, should be in your library. Please support Metal Gear Rising, friends. :dj2: