Essential Official Men's Hygiene Thread

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Breh, it's not like he posted Curve cologne.

All those fragrances are perfectly fine.

Stuff like Creed is going for $100+ a bottle.
And for what? Just so dudes can be like 'You aint up on this' ?? :childplease:
I'm not saying those pricey colognes don't smell good. But there are better ways to allocate those funds.

:manny:
No offense but what is the point of quoting me on this issue? If you and others aren't into different colognes, don't want to try them, can't comfortably afford them cool. Stay where you're at but since this is a thread about stuff like this I'm just posting my input on something I feel is better. That's all no hate on dudes doing regular colognes just adding different stuff. The for what is the other colognes usually smell better IMO even if they smell similar. Also even for cats that do the "you ain't up on this" you act like that's not common in many things. Just because you don't do it don't mean you're the norm. Lastly like I said I spoke on those that couldn't afford them and even gave them a place where you can get them fragrances for cheaper so the allocate them funds part doesn't makes sense on top of I didn't suggest anybody go broke to do it anyway.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No offense but what is the point of quoting me on this issue? If you and others aren't into different colognes, don't want to try them, can't comfortably afford them cool. Stay where you're at but since this is a thread about stuff like this I'm just posting my input on something I feel is better. That's all no hate on dudes doing regular colognes just adding different stuff. The for what is the other colognes usually smell better IMO even if they smell similar. Also even for cats that do the "you ain't up on this" you act like that's not common in many things. Just because you don't do it don't mean you're the norm. Lastly like I said I spoke on those that couldn't afford them and even gave them a place where you can get them fragrances for cheaper so the allocate them funds part doesn't makes sense on top of I didn't suggest anybody go broke to do it anyway.
You gave me a paragraph about why you basically felt the need to express your opinions on colognes ....questioning why I gave my opinion on why it might not be necessary to buy those colognes.

:beli:

'round and 'round we go, Jack.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You gave me a paragraph about why you basically felt the need to express your opinions on colognes ....questioning why I gave my opinion on why it might not be necessary to buy those colognes.

:beli:

'round and 'round we go, Jack.
Just saw no need for you to quote me just like I'm pretty sure you've felt the same way about me quoting you before. No more no less and you don't have to reply back and they'll be no round and round jack. I also responded to the points you spoke on in your post so don't see how the fukk you whining about a paragraph when I just answered the shyt you asked. Some of you dudes get real strange at times.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Co wash once or twice a week
Deep condition every month
Moisturize with a mix of oil (olive oil, argon oil, coconut oil) and water OR leave in conditioner every day or as needed. I can get away with moisturizing my hair every two to three days.

Also detangling every night and getting any dead ends clipped.

:jbhmm:

Explain Co washing. Is it just washing your hair with conditioner? My scalp tends to get dry and flaky. I guess I need to moisturize more.

Yeah this is true and I use it with apple cider vinegar also. This last a minute too and is cheap. I use mine once a week though since it doesn't take much to cover your face.

How do you mix the clay with the ACV? I always keep a bottle because it has a ton of uses (heartburn remedy, fruit fly trap, good for dandruff, toner). I remember getting some craters on my cheeks and ACV not only stopped them from getting worse but got rid of them.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Explain Co washing. Is it just washing your hair with conditioner? My scalp tends to get dry and flaky. I guess I need to moisturize more.

How do you mix the clay with the ACV? I always keep a bottle because it has a ton of uses (heartburn remedy, fruit fly trap, good for dandruff, toner). I remember getting some craters on my cheeks and ACV not only stopped them from getting worse but got rid of them.
Same way you do it with water honestly nothing special.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bentonite clay is goat. Use that shyt for just about everything. Great for teeth. Been doing oil pulling for the last six months as well, whether it's purely coincidental with my diet or not, I hardly ever wake up with bad breath.

It's coincidental. Oil pulling is apparently bro science, but I'm curious how you're using it for your teeth brah :dahell:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
This thread

obama_2326627b.jpg

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
:patrice: I don't think I'm at that point yet. I'm not walking around looking like LeBron or anything, just noticed a change and was looking to fix it before it progressed. Definitely bowing out gracefully when the time comes tho, fukk that Carl Winslow look

Sometimes if you can find a knowledgeable barber they can at least cut it so that the thinning isn't really noticeable. I knew of a few barbers who had the magic touch. They'd have somebody on Lebron status looking like he had a full head of hair :gladbron:. No Bigen or coloring added. If you can't find a good barber then just cut it really short or bald, whatever you"re more comfortable with. Even if you cut it really short (0A, 1, or 1A) I don't think anyone will trip. Nobody will think you still holding on for dear life like Lebron :sadcam:.

And just wear nicer clothes, hit the gym, and walk around like you'll smack the fire outta anyone who comes out they face. Shorties will still flock.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My dentist (and my mouth) says otherwise. :mjpls:

I use the clay and mix it with Xylitol, baking soda, trace minerals, coconut oil, peppermint oil and sea salt.

As far as detoxifying it's not effective because apparently there aren't any toxins that can be cleaned or whatever in your mucus membranes but I'm seeing a lot of people saying it's really good for whitening and clean your gums. I'm down to try it.

Tell me what you gotta do fam

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Black soap for the face

black-soap-block.jpg

For the shower, soap and exfoliating gloves:

8976-im_1i.jpg

Gold bond spray for the nuts:

LL

shaq-gold-bond-o.gif

Moisturize with raw shea butter, not that pre packaged shyt from Walmart, go to the Africans

shea-nuts-and-butter.jpg

Deodorant without aluminum

deo.png

For yall dry ass scalp nikkas

hollywood_beauty_tea_tree_oil_skin_scalp_reviews_119349_raw.jpg
764302270225.jpg

My secret weapon cologne. (affordable too)

64649M.jpg

Valentino-Uomo-Blog-copy.png

yall nikkas welcome in advance! :birdman:

Daps
As far as detoxifying it's not effective because apparently there aren't any toxins that can be cleaned or whatever in your mucus membranes but I'm seeing a lot of people saying it's really good for whitening and clean your gums. I'm down to try it.

Tell me what you gotta do fam
This is the closest to my concoction - Homemade Toothpaste Recipe: Remineralizing | Food Renegade

Cut everything listed in half (20 drops =10 drops) to avoid it drying out, add peppermint essential oil (8-10 drops) and sea salt (1/2 tsp). I don't need to tell you not to mix with anything metal.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go

Yeah it's conditioner, just look for co wash on the label