Essential Official Men's Hygiene Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What would y'all suggest for thinning hair on the top? I'm tryna fight the battle as long as I can before it's time to come home and bald it out

Cut it bro. RIP to my crown, 7/18/90-8/9/13

You'll have times where you regret it, trust, I did too. But once you do it you'll feel more like a man and less like a gutless, balding man holding on to his glory years.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
most important of ALL men's hygiene. . .wash you balls nıgga! :damn:
Who don't though fam? Who you rolling with? Lol

oral care

Screen+shot+2011-07-30+at+5.35.17+PM.png
14885831_201401201345.jpg
c26-B003TOXSM6-1s.jpg
91fgy-LTAmL._SL250_.jpg

Shower

81O6L2cKITL._SX400_.jpg
611ltVegpwL._SL355_.jpg
41Yg2d7xIEL._SY355_.jpg
71fEH6-c2BL._SY355_.jpg

after shower

US_DVD_3p8oz_CoolSilver_DrySpray_35027_243x40671-895626.png
lubriderm-mens-3-in-1-lotion.jpg

cologne (day)
nd.1119.jpg
61v7B0-p1XS._SL500_.jpg
nd.3906.jpg

cologne (night)

nd.5521.jpg
210695_fpx.tif
nd.25514.jpg
Y'all gotta upgrade the colognes from the regular store colognes to the more pricey stuff if you can. Byredo, Amouage, Clive Christian, Creed they have some awesome fragrances and once you get those y'all aren't going to mess with these jawns anymore. If you can't yet try the perfumed court from some cheaper sameples for dates/club nights.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I use baby powder on my ball. I also trim down there every week. Females dont want too hairy and they dont want it bald. Just trim it. I remember when i was in high school one time i shaved my pubes bald. :snoop:Smh when that grew back it was the worst itch of all time. :to: My girl at the time wasnt giving me head cuz it looked like nestle crunch. Her face was :childplease:.

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Well for the big 3 things....

Hair- Don't over wash/condition your hair fellas. I wash and condition maybe twice a week. Get a spray bottle and add water, a few drops of Argan oil, and some actual jasmine,mint, nettle herbs and shake. on days you dont wash just saturate hair with mixture throughout the day...air dry. Hydrated curly thick head of hair with surf waves.
**Sulfate free shampoos are the way brehs...l use this..
its for women but they got the best products so :manny:

Face- It depends on your natural skin oil production. Typically, you can strip your skin if you use too harsh items...and you can also be leaving dirt/oil if using to little.
A basic mild soap and astringent will work in most cases. I use these three:
6806090_320x385.jpg
Dual%20Action%20Moisturizer%20(large).jpg
glassofwater.jpg
most important.

Body is basically an extrention of the face, I use bars and gels when I shower. The bar is typically an exfoliant and the gel is for the smell.
sea_mud_deep_cleansing_bar2.png
Yo can come up at Marshalls, Burlingtons, Khols

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
i have not encounter any hygiene thread for men on the coli.
any way post what products y'all use for your hair, beard, skin, teeth, face, balls (pause), cologne, etc. what's the best products out there?
I use a Colgate toothbrush.
I use Crest toothpaste.
I use walmart brand antiseptic mouthwash (Listerine copy).
I use this walmart brand of facial lotion. Its where the women's face moisturizers are.
I shave with an Braun electric razor and with a Bic triple razor blade for the fine hairs every couple of weeks along with Barbasol for sensitive skin.
I don't use cologne.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
Cut it bro. RIP to my crown, 7/18/90-8/9/13

You'll have times where you regret it, trust, I did too. But once you do it you'll feel more like a man and less like a gutless, balding man holding on to his glory years.

:patrice: I don't think I'm at that point yet. I'm not walking around looking like LeBron or anything, just noticed a change and was looking to fix it before it progressed. Definitely bowing out gracefully when the time comes tho, fukk that Carl Winslow look

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:patrice: I don't think I'm at that point yet. I'm not walking around looking like LeBron or anything, just noticed a change and was looking to fix it before it progressed. Definitely bowing out gracefully when the time comes tho, fukk that Carl Winslow look

I'm glad you aint in denial lol. I read Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps with thinning, I never stuck with it long enough to find out if it works. It has a funny smell

sunny_isle_castor_oil_regular.jpg

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Y'all gotta upgrade the colognes from the regular store colognes to the more pricey stuff if you can. Byredo, Amouage, Clive Christian, Creed they have some awesome fragrances and once you get those y'all aren't going to mess with these jawns anymore. If you can't yet try the perfumed court from some cheaper sameples for dates/club nights.

I co sign, but there are a good amount of designer fragrances that smell better than a lot of niche ones. You can buy a bottle of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for $215 or instead get a bottle of Thiery Mugler Pure Havane for $90 and still get an amazing scent.

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I co sign, but there are a good amount of designer fragrances that smell better than a lot of niche ones. You can buy a bottle of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille for $215 or instead get a bottle of Thiery Mugler Pure Havane for $90 and still get an amazing scent.
I agree with that too its just for me personally while they smell similar the niche ones smell less man made than the designer ones. It could all be the okey doke too because you paid more but that's just my take

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Brehs..spots and acne..talk to me

Cetaphil/Black Soap/DuDU Oson, Witch Hazel, Non Comedogenic lotion(I use Aveeno). Start out with any of the aforementioned soaps to dry out the acne. Then apply the witch hazel, and then apply the non comedogenic lotion.

Drink more water than you normally and cut the juices, sodas, and bs from your diet too. Wouldn't hurt to invest in some Permafresh pillow protectors as well.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I agree with that too its just for me personally while they smell similar the niche ones smell less man made than the designer ones. It could all be the okey doke too because you paid more but that's just my take

You right the niche ones are less synthetic than the designer ones. Gotta keep in mind though the designer fragrances are created to be crowd pleasers and generally safe scents. Niche ones are more complex and use notes that are not normally used in designer. And may not give you the kind of good reactions you want from them. I was wearing Tom ford oud wood one day and this chick told me I smell like a forest and never wear that again. I was mad as fukk lol

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Breh, it's not like he posted Curve cologne.

All those fragrances are perfectly fine.

Stuff like Creed is going for $100+ a bottle.
And for what? Just so dudes can be like 'You aint up on this' ?? :childplease:
I'm not saying those pricey colognes don't smell good. But there are better ways to allocate those funds.

:manny:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You right the niche ones are less synthetic than the designer ones. Gotta keep in mind though the designer fragrances are created to be crowd pleasers and generally safe scents. Niche ones are more complex and use notes that are not normally used in designer. And may not give you the kind of good reactions you want from them. I was wearing Tom ford oud wood one day and this chick told me I smell like a forest and never wear that again. I was mad as fukk lol
I think we all get that wearing the niche fragrances. I remember wearing pulp by Byredo and my man said I smelled like a rotten fruit truck lol. I don't know if he was hating because he knew it was niche or not though. A lot of girls love that scent since its so fruity smelling and want to use it themselves but I've gotten that same reaction before. Price of being different compared to most of the cats around