Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
tenoch-ig.jpg
"Misrepresent our interactions"
"Although I am by no means perfect"

He even admits these allegations didn't come out of nowhere and are not new, she's just making them publically.

hedidthatshyt.gif

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Eh...saying you not perfect doesnt mean you sexually assaulted someone.

I dont know the truth but that statement doest seem like a gotcha moment.
Saying you've not perfect and saying you "need to work on yourself" in an official statement of denial when accused of sexual assault isn't a good idea. It leaves the door open. It begs the question, "what nagative behavior is he talking about, and how far back and to what extent has he exhibited this behavior?"

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Saying you've not perfect and saying you "need to work on yourself" in an official statement of denial when accused of sexual assault isn't a good idea. It leaves the door open.

nope.

he is getting ahead of the possibility that some distasteful but not illegal behaviour might come to public awareness because of this.

swearing at her for example. public arguments. police involvement. throwing women out. dumping her unceremoniously. an abortion maybe. kinky sex.

stuff that Disney and the public would frown about, but which the courts couldn't care less about.

It begs the question, "what nagative behavior is he talking about, and how far back and to what extent has he exhibited this behavior?"

anyone with half a brain knows why he would preempt possible non-illegal dirt that she might have on him.

-

you preempt it by leaning into it.

by getting it out in the open you de-fang your opponents.

Adeptus Astartes

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
@null
Even though I see now that he really isn't being directly accused of anything illegal (nebulous terms like "emotional abuse") I wouldn't call this "getting it out in the open". It creates more questions than it answers. As I said before, "what behavior did he need to work on, and how long did he exhibit this behavior?" Leaning into it would be something like, "while our relationship had it's ups and downs, we agreed to go our seperate ways after a few months." It acknowledges her feelings without admitting fault.

Acknowledgment of the relationship should suffice for now. At least he's not making provable false Trumpian statements like he didn't know her, or publicly slandering her character. :yeshrug:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
@null
Even though I see now that he really isn't being directly accused of anything illegal (nebulous terms like "emotional abuse") I wouldn't call this "getting it out in the open". It creates more questions than it answers. As I said before, "what behavior did he need to work on, and how long did he exhibit this behavior?" Leaning into it would be something like, "while our relationship had it's ups and downs, we agreed to go our seperate ways after a few months." It acknowledges her feelings without admitting fault.

Acknowledgment of the relationship should suffice for now. At least he's not making provable false Trumpian statements like he didn't know her, or publicly slandering her character. :yeshrug:

it's "getting ahead of it".

so when she starts blabbing about his antisocial behaviour that will not be a surprise (to brehdom, internet, disney et al.) because he has already admitted to it and said he is trying to do better.

this is standard PR stuff.

so standard that it's in forbes (and a hollywood movie).

it might be the first time that you have heard of it, but it is common and the standard playbook from a PR POV.

NB:

he has already admitted the things she can possibly prove (public arguments, police records, text message arguments, rude phone calls) but by getting ahead and admitting being not-perfect he has left her little to "nowhere to go" with that.

the scandal value of "he is not a nice man" has been reduced. although not FULLY nullified, depending on what comes out.

so next: expect a record / data / unreasonable behaviour evidence dump from her. not proof of assault but evidence that he is a distasteful character.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
@null

Notice that nobody is asking any of those questions though.. They want the big broad questions to come up. "Did you rape her?" "Why would she say this?" "What are you going to do in the future?"

"No. She was already crazy and I been had a lawyer for this woman's craziness. I've been working on myself long before this ever popped up"

Press is already onto the next story

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Watched this last night (late I know), I liked it, I'd watch it again. Random thoughts -
  • It was good that they got RiRi Williams in the film, even if hastily done. She made the most of it.
  • Shuri did a good job stepping in and carrying the emotional weight of the film along with Angela Bassett.
  • Namor was dope. I didn't care for the ending, it felt like it came to an abrupt halt.
  • Kilmonger really gave off Darth / Sith vibes. If there's a way to pay it off I'd like to see him continue in that role.
  • T'Challa Jr could be a really great story spanning multiple films and something the MCU has in their back pocket going forward.
Feige desperately needs to get his house and roadmap in order.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Watched this last night (late I know), I liked it, I'd watch it again. Random thoughts -
  • It was good that they got RiRi Williams in the film, even if hastily done. She made the most of it.
  • Shuri did a good job stepping in and carrying the emotional weight of the film along with Angela Bassett.
  • Namor was dope. I didn't care for the ending, it felt like it came to an abrupt halt.
  • Kilmonger really gave off Darth / Sith vibes. If there's a way to pay it off I'd like to see him continue in that role.
  • T'Challa Jr could be a really great story spanning multiple films and something the MCU has in their back pocket going forward.
Feige desperately needs to get his house and roadmap in order.
Do you think it would have been better if they recasted t’challa and moved forward with the original script?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:russ: When? who? And please don’t be talking about baby panther.
So don't talk about the kid named T'Challa Jr. who is clearly going to be a teenager played by a 28 year old the next time we see him

Instead you want them to what? Bring back pops from the dead as the same 28 year old that would be playing the son, 5 years from now?

Y'all asking for too much that you know damn well ain't gonna happen.. They met you halfway. There you have it

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
So don't talk about the kid named T'Challa Jr. who is clearly going to be a teenager played by a 28 year old the next time we see him

Instead you want them to what? Bring back pops from the dead as the same 28 year old that would be playing the son, 5 years from now?

Y'all asking for too much that you know damn well ain't gonna happen.. They met you halfway. There you have it

I swear you nikkas think black people are so stupid that you gotta do all this idiotic julezing for a fictional movie.

lmfaooooooo

Literally not killing him and having another actor play him removes all the need for this stupid shyt.