Official March Madness 2023 thread

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
One of, if not the weakest tourney I've seen in the last 20 years. I honestly have zero clue who wins it all.

Houston tried to play up tempo with Miami and got ran out of the gym. You have to make it a slow half court game with Miami or they will blow you out.
Texas will handle them next game if Disu comes back.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
One of, if not the weakest tourney I've seen in the last 20 years. I honestly have zero clue who wins it all.

Houston tried to play up tempo with Miami and got ran out of the gym. You have to make it a slow half court game with Miami or they will blow you out.

Eh, that's too easy of a narrative to paint. Arkansas has 3 projected first round picks (2 lottery). They struggled a lot during the year. Then they beat Kansas and then they get their doors blown off by UConn.

Alabama has a top 3 pick and other future NBA players and lost to a San Diego St. team that isn't nearly their best.

North Carolina didn't even make the tournament after being projected as a 1 seed.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Eh, that's too easy of a narrative to paint. Arkansas has 3 projected first round picks (2 lottery). They struggled a lot during the year. Then they beat Kansas and then they get their doors blown off by UConn.

Alabama has a top 3 pick and other future NBA players and lost to a San Diego St. team that isn't nearly their best.

North Carolina didn't even make the tournament after being projected as a 1 seed.
I don't even know what part of my post you're replying to? It was clear this year there were no teams clearly better than everyone else. There were no great teams. I honestly don't think there were any great teams last year either, though there were some very good ones. I think 2021 Baylor was the last great team in college basketball.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

Breh we scored on EVERYBODY all year.. I think we lost one game by double digits.. We won the season ACC and get no respect, under seeded.. We scored on everybody and the houston team they said nobody score 80 points we dam near put 90 on em while taking shot clock violations not to embarrass them anymore..

People STILL taking us like a easy W..

Yall gon learn :demonic:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It's been 4 years of the best stretch of SEC ball maybe ever, and no one has gone further than us yet in the tourney :ohlawd:
Miller might've been actually hurt since that reported groin injury, but he looked just like Jabari vs Miami to me. A stellar defense with experience and control of the pace forced him to try to gain some rhythm, and he just kinda settled again and again for shots that'd normally work.

S/o to SDSU too, UAT only gets 3s or layups and the shot just wasn't on anyway, but they really made them nikkas think hard on every drive. The rim protection was stellar

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Breh we scored on EVERYBODY all year.. I think we lost one game by double digits.. We won the season ACC and get no respect, under seeded.. We scored on everybody and the houston team they said nobody score 80 points we dam near put 90 on em while taking shot clock violations not to embarrass them anymore..

People STILL taking us like a easy W..

Yall gon learn :demonic:
ACC was ass, but Miami got a style of ball that most folks won't see unless they played them already. They basically did the same thing from last season with the 4 high end ball handlers + 1 big ass big, and virtually no one runs that in college. Last year, they were old af which also helped, but I don't think their lineup is much older this season. I really like Wooga, who's the only really young kid I can think of on the team, and they've been winning with him being off the last couple games