Official March Madness 2023 thread

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:I've been watching state since the Jud Heathcote days. College basketball been existing long before izzo took over the program and there are teams with a much richer history. It's not shytting on state in any way, just acknowledging that there are levels of achievement that they don't match up to when you talk Blue Blood status. I been a State fan since the 80's. They not a Kentucky, Kansas, UNC, UCLA, Duke level type program.

That's a lot of Final fours to not be considered a Blue Blood.They are in my book.Guess it's just a matter of opinion but still doesn't make much sense to me.You caught up in the brands more than the actual numbers.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Talent level was on par on both sides, y'all gotta stop acting like Izzo is taking bums deep into the tourney

Breh...they aren't bums. But he typically gets the most out of the talent he has. And they usually get the details right and execute very well. Marquette typically scores in the 80's; they had 60 points.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaka Smart hasn't made a Sweet 16 since the miracle VCU Final 4 run, you could see that MSU win coming a mile away