))))Official March Madness 2021 Thread((((

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Baylor will have to blow the doors off Gonzaga first 4 minutes because if it gets down to a possession game Gonzaga has the better guards to drive and make things happen.

Suggs and Nembhard don’t shoot as well as Baylor’s guards but they’re better generals

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the way i see it...the difference in the game is literally:

A) Turnovers
B) Offensive rebounsd
C) 3 pt efficiency
D) FTs for gonzaga

A) the jitters are mostly gone and Gonzaga will be calmed down in the locker room. Thus i dont think the turnovers will persist
B) Offensive rebounding can still be an issue if the zone continues. However, Baylor's players are in foul trouble and cant be as aggressive on the offensive glass
C) Gonzaga will just have to hope that Baylor goes cold...they dont have the athletes to run man
D) The easy layups will continue for gonzaga if they want them too due to the foul trouble

C) is the biggest factor along with the foul trouble. Vital is EXTREMELY important. I was telling my homie he could neutralize timme pre game. If Baylor continues hitting ...it ends 90-82 or some shyt for Baylor

If Baylor goes on one of the patented scoring droughts for 3+ mins...Gonzaga will get back in the game and itll be a toss up

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
i know. the refs havent been bad tbh. i just would prefer the refs to let them play a bit rough

Well, the aren't gonna do that. The NCAA head of officials has been preaching more movement, less physicality, etc for years. And the game is objectively better for it. Illegal physicality, especially in the post, has been a POE for the last 3 or 4 years running. I work JuCo ball, we get the same weekly videos as the guys working this game.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The refs job is not to call an even number of fouls or award an even number of free throws.
I understand all of that. Only reason I pointed that out is because Zags are willingly making a point of driving it and it’s gonna bite Baylor in the ass eventually. I guess I should’ve clarified cause now it seems like I’m crying over the refs when that’s not even the case lol.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Zags are a relatively poor 3pt shooting team. They have great ball movement and are elite at turning live-ball TOs into points. The difference in the last 5-6 minutes was getting out and running

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Well, the aren't gonna do that. The NCAA head of officials has been preaching more movement, less physicality, etc for years. And the game is objectively better for it. Illegal physicality, especially in the post, has been a POE for the last 3 or 4 years running. I work JuCo ball, we get the same weekly videos as the guys working this game.
tbh it fluctuates. ive seen a lot of games where the refs let them play...ESPECIALLY in the big 12 lol.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I understand all of that. Only reason I pointed that out is because Zags are willingly making a point of driving it and it’s gonna bite Baylor in the ass eventually. I guess I should’ve clarified cause now it seems like I’m crying over the refs when that’s not even the case lol.

Gotcha. 99% of the time someone points to the foul count, that's exactly what they're doing haha

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
tbh it fluctuates. ive seen a lot of games where the refs let them play...ESPECIALLY in the big 12 lol.

This is true, too. A lot of that is determined by the players, imo. Less skilled offensive players running into legal defenders tends to make a game look like shyt.

But the guys JD and the committee selects to work the tourney, and especially this deep, are calling the game the way he wants it called.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
the fact there are no University of _____ or ________ State University teams in the final is quite refreshing
a testament to the parity in NCAAB now and the benefit of the knockout format

thank goddess we don’t gotta see North Carolina, duke and Kentucky anymore. Villanova had a good run too :pachaha: