Official Lovecraft Country Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Black programming or black targeted programming isn't a plus to me, black ownership of the delivery and content is the real goal. That said I'm not mad at him for making moves and getting anything done.
It just seems that they are going to pigeonhole him into being the guy who makes black horror movies, isntead of horror movies with black people.

As for culturally important, stop it, movies are just movies, entertainment, nothing more and nothing less to me.
fiddy.gif

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Then you're a fukking idiot. Entertainment is where the world, by and large, formulates opinions and stance on people and cultures they're unfamiliar with, and helps dictate every decision they make in regards to them.

A black dude makes one movie and announces another black show and it's too much? We've got a century's worth of a million white everythings and two black genre works are where you call it quits?

What the fukk is wrong with you

Your horror movie with black people/black horror movie point would have a SHRED of validity if Get Out wasn't a historic success and achievement and if the source material for this show wasn't incredible. You can't make it a question of quality or delivery when the quality and delivery has been incredible.

No, as of right now, this is a question of representation, and there is only one right answer.

Yes, this is good news.

We're getting an innovative black work, written by a damn fine writer, produced by someone who has just delivered a classic, on THE premiere network for serial drama in the world. There ain't a damn straw to be clutched at here.
:bryan:

entertainment is entertainment, not reality. And dispite entertainers telling you how important their work is, it actually isn't, just entertainement.
Now I see you crying and lashing out emotionally and its sad that you are in your feelings this much over something that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of reality.
Get Out is a nice movie, there is nothing historic about it, earth shattering about it, at all, just a successful black directed and written movie in a string of those movies, you might remember a guy named spike lee had a few of those himself.
Representation in white controlled media means nothing to me.
Stop begging white folks for representation, make our own shyt and create our own distribution streams, not try to beg and guilt white people to give blacks a scrap of their pie.
I get it, you are of a certain mindset and you seem to not think its possible for anyone to not agree with you, its okay, but you'll deal with it and get over it.

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
This sounds interesting, although I remember reading HP Lovecraft was a huge racist, so I cant really fukk with anything related to him any more

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kinda ironic or not as maybe that's part of the plot, but Lovecraft was a hardcore racist, like more hardcore than what was typical for the times he lived during.

On the Creation of ******s (1912)
by H. P. Lovecraft

When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove’s fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th’Olympian host conceiv’d a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a ******.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This should be dope on HBO. I see some people have a problem with his his success already telling him what he should do with his own company after his first blockbuster movie.