Official Loki Thread

Daps
I know what you mean, loki would normally be fighting toe to toe with avengers . Even worse cause in his backstory, he is supposed to be half giant.

But I think it's a budget constraint. They spent 150million on 6 episodes. Those episodes were 40 min each , meaning a grand total of 240min for the whole series BUT keep in mind a normal movie is 120minutes long.

So , if this was a film it would be like Disney spending 75mil on a film based on the standard 120min run time but you get two of films at that rate; which is an incredibly low budget compared to the mcu films where loki could ball out with the support of a 300milliom budget.

I think if they rendered either of the Loki's at their full capacity, Disney would have to drop half a billy on this single series. :damn:

But breh, it's not hard to put some strings on somebody and make them fly across the room whenever Loki puts hands on them. :dwillhuh:

I grew up watching Young Hercules. You telling me Fox Kids knew this but Disney don't? Whenever Ryan Gosling would touch somebody, they'd fly back 25 feet at least. :dwillhuh:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But breh, it's not hard to put some strings on somebody and make them fly across the room whenever Loki puts hands on them. :dwillhuh:

I grew up watching Young Hercules. You telling me Fox Kids knew this but Disney don't? Whenever Ryan Gosling would touch somebody, they'd fly back 25 feet at least. :dwillhuh:
Inflation affects everybody. What used to cost $20 dollars, 2 film takes, and some rope now costs 2.5milliion:lolbron:

Stuntman needs a Lambo too. Ups drivers can't have all the fun:mjgrin:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Interesting theory I saw was that Renslayer is the female variant of Kang and they did a lot of the building of the sacred tineline together and liked Sylvie Kang betrays her and it seems like he did everything.
That recording of them in episode one is the most interesting thing to happen in the series so far.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Too much conversation and not enough stuff happening on this episode.

:mjlol: @ the multiverse being created and then getting wiped out immediately.

This happened in an episode in s1 too. The timeline started to branch like crazy and the episode ended. Then the next episode started and they didn't even mention it :mjlol:

Also, I hate how they go out of their way to make Loki, an Asgardian/Frost Giant, nerfed in this show.

I get that he can't use his powers at the TVA, but when he's outside of the TVA, dude is supposed to have all of his powers, and especially, his GOD STRENGTH.

He was in this episode struggling to hold Brad like he was just a regular human. Had to use magic to deal with him.

Plus when him and Sylvie was having the fight with the rogue TVA agents, they in there struggling to punch people and all of that stuff when they supposed to make folks fly across the room from one hit.

I hate that. :francis:
shyt is horrible. And they took away his superiority complex. Loki should think so little of mankind that theres no way he would get in his feelings because of something a human said to him. That shyt with Brad so out of place. Was it the 1st avengers where he said humans to gods were like ants to a boot?

Daps
shyt is horrible. And they took away his superiority complex. Loki should think so little of mankind that theres no way he would get in his feelings because of something a human said to him. That shyt with Brad so out of place.

Well I think he looks at the TVA as being superior to him. After all they use infinity stones as paperweights.

He doesn't look at them the way he looks at normal humans. Plus all of them are way older than he is. They've been doing this for millenia.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
shyt is horrible. And they took away his superiority complex. Loki should think so little of mankind that theres no way he would get in his feelings because of something a human said to him. That shyt with Brad so out of place. Was it the 1st avengers where he said humans to gods were like ants to a boot?
He's a good guy now so yeah they changed the character significantly from the comic origin because the actor is so likable.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
ec4781ecda7499f28b6097aa972a513fd7bfcc79.gifv

^^ From Eternals

4f41aa709ea8b8cf56bb26c630d4c159272d40b4.gifv

^^From ep 2

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
bew rockstars eh, I doubt it though he’s too young and he probably got taken around the 90s he seemed fond of that era in season 1
Yeah Rockstars are hit or miss, but it seemed interesting and his mannerisms sorta remids me of a young Owen Wilson before he got confidence in himself lol