Official Legion Season 3 Thread

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I just caught up and finished the season when the puzzle pieces started coming together. :wow:

This "good" guy version of Dvid was just a delusion to win over Syd. Still feel it's kinda fukked to judge David for shyt he hasn't done which of course may potentially cause the very future they're trying to avoid. He may not even be evil now that he knows of his potential future he may just do whatever he feels is right now without Division 3. Season 3: Legion and Lenny fukkery and Division 3 working with Shadow King has a lot of potential.
I don't think there is any good or bad guys. Just human reaction to an improbable situation to properly psychoanalysis. Everyone has murder basically someone in this show. The only delusion that's really concrete is David's need to be loved that it makes him blind to who Syd really is... Syd is a extremely flawed person, and she honestly never done anything less than being a delusional narcissist in pivotal points of the narrative. She constantly tries to bend David's mind to believe in the way she see. She sees herself as a God, because of her powers and etc. She poorly justify her action while condemning David. David had to grow through a lifetime of shyt to it finally broke him. Yet, he still fought through 99% of it. When his sister was murder... It was the final straw. Where was Syd to comfort for him or go the extra mile like David when she was trapped in the Maze? Hell, fukking Lenny gave a shyt more unconditionally about David than Syd ever did. If you let yourself get that easily manipulated by the SK and pretending you have some sort of moral code/greater good all of a sudden after YOU let the Shadow King free in the first place in Season 1. Constantly told Melanie that you valued David over everyone else. Syd is full of shyt. She only serves herself and she got manipulated by SK.

Also, the idea that David destroys the world was only exacerbated by moral panic started by SK and Syd. Now, SK has Division 3 under his control.I honestly believe this was an elaborate plan devised by the shadow king and that Future Syd was never real. David wanted to leave and live a simple life prior to his trial.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Plus, David isn't smart. IN fact, he is pretty dumb and predictable with a lot of powers. He makes bad decision, but he is inherently a "good" person. He can easily be swayed by the enivorment that surrounds and nurtures him as shown in the Multi-verse episode. Which is scary. David can always be an evil person, but he naturally sway to goodness unless drag to the darkness.

Like Shadow King's conservation to future Syd about craps/dice... The game is rigged in his favor win or lose. Shadow King always finds a way to get a step ahead. He got control of D3 now and all he has to do is set in motion the events that transpire in the beginning of season 2 of David's capture and future Syd delusion(Which is 3 conversations and an Orb). It's kind of crazy how thin the whole "David destroy the world" narrative is... Even Ollie and Melanie 3 year later scene didn't amount to much other than prologue to the episode.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Finally finished the season after weeks of putting it off.

Came in here to see reactions and.........

Some of y'all need better understanding of what a hero is.

I think the way Syd handled everything and the overbearing reaction to his brutality and misunderstanding of how to be a good guy was pretty poor. Honestly, I think her decision to shoot at him sparked his insanity when she should've tried to heal him first. That over everything was a poor storyline.

But her points when talking to David were all fair. If he's a good guy, he shouldn't be torturing people... Or at the very least, when he finds out that he tortured his friends he should be trying to heal them. If he's already defeated the bad guy, he should be trying to imprison him... Not beating him to death with his bare hands. The point here is... You can't be the good guy when you're no better than the bad guy. And as the season progresses, we know David is no better than Farouk because he knows no better. He manipulates his friends and his love to achieve his goals.

At the end I was hoping David would use his love for Syd to figure out how to be good. But it didn't happen. I'm looking forward to season 3 and hope it moves along better than season 2

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Finally finished the season after weeks of putting it off.

Came in here to see reactions and.........

Some of y'all need better understanding of what a hero is.

I think the way Syd handled everything and the overbearing reaction to his brutality and misunderstanding of how to be a good guy was pretty poor. Honestly, I think her decision to shoot at him sparked his insanity when she should've tried to heal him first. That over everything was a poor storyline.

But her points when talking to David were all fair. If he's a good guy, he shouldn't be torturing people... Or at the very least, when he finds out that he tortured his friends he should be trying to heal them. If he's already defeated the bad guy, he should be trying to imprison him... Not beating him to death with his bare hands. The point here is... You can't be the good guy when you're no better than the bad guy. And as the season progresses, we know David is no better than Farouk because he knows no better. He manipulates his friends and his love to achieve his goals.

At the end I was hoping David would use his love for Syd to figure out how to be good. But it didn't happen. I'm looking forward to season 3 and hope it moves along better than season 2
This was a bunch of subjective bullshyt no offense

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
This was a bunch of subjective bullshyt no offense
Objectively, we know David destroys everything after killing the SK. We know that he definitely becomes the bad guy and the obsession and desire to kill is the catalyst. Objectively, he manipulates everyone around him through lies and telepathy so he can kill the SK. Objectively, he manipulates Syd's brain so she can still love him. Objectively, there's nothing good about any of that.

If David's goal was to defeat the shadow kind so that his reign of terror ended and he did bad things to achieve a greater good, then yeah I'd be on your side. But he showed in the final episode that almost nothing was not important to him than killing Farouk. It has nothing to do with justice.

Not sure what you feel I'm being subjective about that the pro-David crowd isn't.

My only qualm is that Syd could have saved him from himself but instead tried to kill him.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Objectively, we know David destroys everything after killing the SK. We know that he definitely becomes the bad guy and the obsession and desire to kill is the catalyst. Objectively, he manipulates everyone around him through lies and telepathy so he can kill the SK. Objectively, he manipulates Syd's brain so she can still love him. Objectively, there's nothing good about any of that.

If David's goal was to defeat the shadow kind so that his reign of terror ended and he did bad things to achieve a greater good, then yeah I'd be on your side. But he showed in the final episode that almost nothing was not important to him than killing Farouk. It has nothing to do with justice.

Not sure what you feel I'm being subjective about that the pro-David crowd isn't.

My only qualm is that Syd could have saved him from himself but instead tried to kill him.
SK manipulated her he thought he was just removing the manipulation. Who has David manipulated telepathically beyond Sid? Just because he lied now he's not a good guy? And you must not know about alternate timelines this David hasnt destroyed the world so it doesnt apply. And Farou nwas going to supposedly be unstoppable with his body they were essentially at war why wouldnt that be his number 1 goal just because he was going to enjoy it because he tortured him for years and merked his sister doesnt make him not a good guy. If you have to be 100% ethically good in your view then I ciuld easily make the case that the shyt doesnt exist because I've never heard "good guy" mean "absolute purity"

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Objectively, we know David destroys everything after killing the SK. .
This is incorrect. We've been objectively portrayed that future Syd claims that David destroys everything. There is so little evidence that it is just conclusive enough to be considered as fact.

We know that he definitely becomes the bad guy and the obsession and desire to kill is the catalyst. Objectively, he manipulates everyone around him through lies and telepathy so he can kill the SK. Objectively, he manipulates Syd's brain so she can still love him. Objectively, there's nothing good about any of that.
Again. This is incorrect. He hasn't become anything,yet. Shadow King is still alive and David has yet to start any world ending conquest. Are we going to throw away how David was against killing up until his sister was murdered? Can we bring up how Future Syd's could of avoided all of this by telling David to protect his sister and avoid his rage for vengeance? He didn't manipulate anyone. He was manipulated by future syd to make some bad decision by helping SK in the first place, and got played like a fool while the Shadow King kill innocent people in Division 3. The only time he did anything is that too outsmart Shadow King by putting pictures in their heads in hear Shadow King reading their minds to line up people in the right places.

David's goal was to get revenge for his sister... How is that so hard to see?

I don't understand why people brush his sister dying as not a big fukking deal. They literally spent two episodes around this ordeal. It broke David.

If that is your only qualm with Syd...Who was being a self-righteous delusional narcissist. Then, you don't understand her character. She is about as mentally stable as David and got grossly manipulated by some hollow words and some TV. She got so delusional that she called herself a hero as she attempts murder him instead of stopping him. The woman that said, God loves the sinners best. Her grip on reality is soo off and self-centered is why she tried to kill David instead of saving him. She put all of this in motion to happen. How do you not see this? If you want to save the world... why not tell him about his sister being killed by the Shadow King? Why tell him to help him from the very beginning? I have no issue with calling a David a bad person... but Syd is neck and neck with him in that race.

Lastly, David trying to undo all the manipulation was prime example of David trying to fix something he doesn't understand since he isn't a smart person and try to make things go back to normal as fast as possible and leave with Syd.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
SK manipulated her he thought he was just removing the manipulation.
He's a high level telepath. If she were being manipulated telepathically he would be able to tell. SK did manipulate her but he did it using the truth. He hit her with so many facts that it didn't matter what the reason was. I'm not saying SK is good... I'm saying David definitely wasn't.
Who has David manipulated telepathically beyond Sid?
Did you skip an episode? He planted telepathic thoughts in everyone's mind to make them do what he wanted instead of making a plan with the team. He purposely kept everyone out the loop....why? Because he didn't want anyone to know his plan including the woman he loved because he was driven to murder Farouk. In his mind that was the "right" thing to do.
Just because he lied now he's not a good guy? And you must not know about alternate timelines this David hasnt destroyed the world so it doesnt apply. And Farou nwas going to supposedly be unstoppable with his body they were essentially at war why wouldnt that be his number 1 goal just because he was going to enjoy it because he tortured him for years and merked his sister doesnt make him not a good guy.
It's the combination of things including what you've already pointed out
If you have to be 100% ethically good in your view then I ciuld easily make the case that the shyt doesnt exist because I've never heard "good guy" mean "absolute purity"

He wasn't a good guy. He wasn't a bad guy...but he wasn't a good guy. Now he is a bad guy and I blame Syd for that. I wouldn't call someone who lies and manipulates his friendsfsolely for the reason of killing (regardless of who) isn't a good guy. If he and Syd were on the same page the entire time then me and you would be in agreement. But SK should've never been able to show so many lies and broken promises to Syd. She asked him never to leave... He left. She asked him not to do anything physical with future Syd... He kisses her. She asked him to do everything together... He formulates a whole plan that doesn't include her. He tortures homeboy to near death and practically leaves him to die. What was heroic about what he did?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
He's a high level telepath. If she were being manipulated telepathically he would be able to tell. SK did manipulate her but he did it using the truth. He hit her with so many facts that it didn't matter what the reason was. I'm not saying SK is good... I'm saying David definitely wasn't.

Did you skip an episode? He planted telepathic thoughts in everyone's mind to make them do what he wanted instead of making a plan with the team. He purposely kept everyone out the loop....why? Because he didn't want anyone to know his plan including the woman he loved because he was driven to murder Farouk. In his mind that was the "right" thing to do.

It's the combination of things including what you've already pointed out

He wasn't a good guy. He wasn't a bad guy...but he wasn't a good guy. Now he is a bad guy and I blame Syd for that. I wouldn't call someone who lies and manipulates his friendsfsolely for the reason of killing (regardless of who) isn't a good guy. If he and Syd were on the same page the entire time then me and you would be in agreement. But SK should've never been able to show so many lies and broken promises to Syd. She asked him never to leave... He left. She asked him not to do anything physical with future Syd... He kisses her. She asked him to do everything together... He formulates a whole plan that doesn't include her. He tortures homeboy to near death and practically leaves him to die. What was heroic about what he did?
First off HE DIDN'T tell her the truth. He was never in a physical relationship with future Syd and he never made out with Lenny and a lot of other stuff was conjecture I mean he was posing as Melanie to manipulate her.The telepathic messages were MESSAGES he didn't influence anyone anything they didn't want to do. The plan was perfectly clear after he had all the pieces and there was nothing wrong with it. He thought Oliver was SK and after he realized he stopped and directly states he would be perfectly fine there was no lasting injuries. He left once...okay. No not telling you're girlfriend a homocidal maiac is as bad thing? Again you keep equating "good guy" to absolute purity. WHY? A good person can tell a lie. A good gamer can win games. A good husband can be faithful to his wife. That doesn't mean they're prefect. You don't have any argument.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
First off HE DIDN'T tell her the truth. He was never in a physical relationship with future Syd
Ok... If we ain't calling a spade a spade then we might as well not even argue. She said don't do anything physical with her. The VERY NEXT TIME he sees the bytch they making out

:comeon:

I'll respond to the rest later

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
he never made out with Lenny
We actually don't know if they ever shared a kiss. Flashback Lenny had short hair so you could be right or wrong.

and a lot of other stuff was conjecture I mean he was posing as Melanie to manipulate her.
True...but regardless of the vessel, the images were mostly if not all real

The telepathic messages were MESSAGES he didn't influence anyone anything they didn't want to do.
They weren't all telepathic messages. Run it back. He wiped out memories, teleported things based on knowing people were going to places he wanted them to, and planted a telepathic version of his sister in Lenny's brain to make her do what he wanted.
Theplan was perfectly clear after he had all the pieces and there was nothing wrong with it.
If the plans was so clear, why didn't he have mental conversations with all of these people telling them, hey this is what I need you to do. I know where the body is but I need you to do this. He was being cryptic for a reason
He thought Oliver was SK and after he realized he stopped and directly states he would be perfectly fine there was no lasting injuries.
He should've realized before Oliver said anything. He didn't care breh. When you're blinded by the thought of killing someone so much that you can't tell that you're hurting someone else :francis: I thought something was up as soon as Oliver started screaming. IllI have to watch again to see if dude said he ain't gonna have lasting injuries. All I remember him saying is that he's going to live. Dude was bleeding out his eye breh :dahell:
He left once...okay. No not telling you're girlfriend a homocidal maiac is as bad thing? Again you keep equating "good guy" to absolute purity. WHY? A good person can tell a lie. A good gamer can win games. A good husband can be faithful to his wife. That doesn't mean they're prefect. You don't have any argument.
Idk what the hell you're trying to say here but I'll attack what I think your point is.

Based on the truths SK showed...David ain't honest, ain't trustworthy, is capable of doing anything, and has no hesitation when it comes to killing someone if he's angry enough. That's not a good person by any stretch of the imagination. You think I'm hooked up on him killing, or his lies...I'm combining EVERYTHING.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
What a mindfukk, pun unintended, of a show. Not sure I could/would have stuck with this if I didn't have prior knowledge of the character through the comics.

Some great highs, some tedious lows, consistently great visuals. Looking forward to S3

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I hope they let David wild out in season 3, none of that bullshyt shows pull when to close a season the protagonist goes bad and by the end of the first or second episode of the new season he is back to being good again (Looking at you Smallville). I want David to cut loose and have them regretting the day they tried to cage him despite all he has done for them.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I hope they let David wild out in season 3, none of that bullshyt shows pull when to close a season the protagonist goes bad and by the end of the first or second episode of the new season he is back to being good again (Looking at you Smallville). I want David to cut loose and have them regretting the day they tried to cage him despite all he has done for them.
Difference is that's Superman he's inherently a good man. Legion has always been a badguy:demonic: