Official 'JUSTICE LEAGUE' Thread

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
"Its fine. Its fine. Its fine... whatever bro leave me out of it. Lets stop fighting about movies " - Dan

Everybody pulling they punches but i get it, alot of reviewer dont want to deal with backlash from the cinematic universe militant fanboys and they death threats. Also those screen passes might get revoked :mjpls:

:mjlol:"DC fans send out more death threats per year than ISIS. "

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
JQvKVfx.gif

300 million dollars...

How Sway????
This can't be real

:mjcry:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Scust Ish Bleak
Roman Reigns once declared that he is not a good guy, nor a bad guy. He is simply the guy. Well, today I can tell you that Justice League is not a good movie, and it's not a bad movie. Unfortunately, it's also not the movie. I have seen a bunch of predictable posters do more retconning than a DC Crisis event these past few days to make it appear as if The Avengers was a bad movie. But The Avengers, even as it played out like a marginally better looking tv-movie for its first half, understood the build-up and importance of putting a group of famous characters together on screen for the first time. It felt like an actual event, and it's that feeling that Justice League is sorely lacking. It feels as an accumulation of nothing, perhaps because we're now at a point that superhero cross-overs are very common, but most certainly because the movie lacks gravitas.

Let's start with a few things. I thought Steppenwolf had an awful design, almost as shytty as Ares in Wonder Woman, but anyone saying he's a shytty villain is talking out of their ass. Yes, his motivation is abysmal, but he feels like an actual threat the entire time. I honestly think there's not a moment when he's on screen where you don't feel like he will just trash everyone in it. He feels actually powerful and not in some forced way where he only gets strong due to some kind of power-up at the end for the big climactic battle. He's a powerhouse from the moment he first appears.

But about that, the boom tubes fukking suck. I am honestly truly fukking disgusted at how lame they made them look, like some generic portal. Like Steppenwolf's shytty design, one thing they got completely wrong here is that they completely fail to embrace Jack Kirby's creations in all of his glory. Kirby as a writer and an artist knew the power of extravagance and how it could make anything feel huge, but everything feels so downplayed and generic here. It's a stark contrast compared to Thor Ragnarok, a movie that went full Kirby and got all the more enjoyable because of it.

Furthermore, some of the writing in this is absolutely atrocious. There's tons of clumsy dialogue, especially in the early parts, with an abundance of pointless side characters (glorified extras really) to deliver on-the-nose exposition of the worst kind, in the absolute worst way. Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon are the credited writers on this, but in those early parts especially it feels like Whedon's writing and Snyder's direction are just a complete mismatch of styles. Add that you have baffling scenes like Batman calling Alfred by name in front of some lowely street thug (one of the aforementioned pointless side characters), Aquaman and Bruce openly discussing him being Batman in front of an entire village of people and Lois calling Superman Clark in front of a bunch of policemen, and it's like they decided to completely not give a shyt about secret identities in this universe. The writing does get better as the movie progresses, probably as a result of the characters being together and there being less blatant exposition, but there's also some awkward quips that just fall completely flat.

In fact, the humor only really works well for Flash. Although nothing about this Barry Allen characterization makes any sense, Ezra Miller brings the right kind of charm to the character and his scenes with Ray Fisher especially are some of the comedic moments that actually work. Fisher does some good work here too, making the most out of a shytty character who ironically has the best character arc in the movie. Also, contrary to reports Billy Crudup is still in the movie as Henry Allen, providing a little background for Flash. On the other side of the equation I felt nothing about this Aquaman characterization. It's overly trying to play cool with way too many outdated 'Do you talk to fish?' jokes, and his scene with Mera is a complete mess. If you know nothing about Aquaman,everything they talk about sounds like complete fukking gibberish. The only Aquaman scene in the entire movie that I liked was where he was being honest, because it was the only moment where he actually felt a bit more like how Aquaman should be.

As far as the action go they really establish Diana's power a lot here, she carries the weight in most of the fights and in general they do a good job of making the Amazons look like strong warriors. Which makes it all the more awkward that there's a bunch of shameless ass shots of Gadot here. Batman is just there. You can definitely tell Affleck doesn't want to be there, everything about his performance feels tired, and for whatever reason this completely bleeds into the action as well. How visceral they made Batman seem in BvS, how slow and bloated are his action scenes here. Add that every Batmobile/plane/tank scene is just a bunch of muddy, undecipherable CGI and you got very little going there.

Of course, there's also Superman, and I can be straight forward about it. They finally fixed him. In fact, there's one scene entirely dedicated to him skipping out of a fight to prioritize saving citizens, so MoS apologists take the L again. But more importantly, he finally got some charm and it is the first time in three movies that Cavill plays him right. Outside of some clumsy lines I can honestly say that the Superman bits are my favorite in the movie, and that's something I never expected to say about this universe's Superman.

I feel like there's a whole bunch of shyt I'm forgetting but I just want to say something about the pacing. I've seen a lot of criticism about the length and how it should've taken more time. I strongly disagree, the pacing and length of the movie is fine, I only think that some of the time they had could've been utilized better.

In the end this follows Wonder Woman as a solid blockbuster. It has some genuinely good moments, but unfortunately the WB stigma of trying to make these movies as generic as possible hangs all over the flick. I'm sure in coming days a lot of people will start speculating about or flat-out pretending they know which scenes were Snyder's and which were Whedon's, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference outside of the few obviously reshot Superman scenes.
Great feedback :ehh:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
theyre trolling because the films have been subpar.

Let me ask you this. Why would anyone WANT less good comic book movies?
You'd have to ask them. Why would they take such glee in a film getting mixed reviews? Are you just willfully ignoring the behaviour and posts?

One minute they're laughing and mocking the idea of any kind of critic bias or agenda being possible. The next they're claiming wonder woman got over rated due to feminist agendas and bias.

Are we really going to pretend almost every fox marvel film thread isn't filled to the brim with "hope this flops so marvel gets the rights back" posts. @FlyRy

Last edited:

reigun

Superstar
Daps
theyre trolling because the films have been subpar.

Let me ask you this. Why would anyone WANT less good comic book movies?
Why would anyone want less good video games? Why would anyone want less good music or TV shows?

Like, this kind of overly tribal fan behavior isn't new. It pops up in all kinds of "geek" subcultures. "My favorite thing needs to be the only good thing." Happens all the time, and it's annoying every time.

The Marvel/DC movie shyt is like the only time I've seen people regularly deny its existence, though. Gamers, to use the example I'm most familiar with, wear their fanboy stripes proudly, and freely shyt on the competition. But with superhero movies, everyone starts copping pleas like "We all just want good movies! :sadcam:"

And yeah. Your average person probably does. But that's not everyone, and at this point, it's silly to deny that fanboys are pretty much the main ones steering the conversation about these films. If that ain't you and you don't have a side, then great. More power to you. But let's stop pretending like shyt that happens in every subculture, that's even happened with these two companies since the 1950's, isn't happening right now with a not-so-small and oh-so-vocal segment of the fanbase.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Yo watching this clip again got me low key heated. Fukk is this bytch laughing at, whats so funny ho? Whole audience having a good ol time they shoulda put some "booms" and "pow" in yellow captions for good measure

Hope this shyt flops