Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Can't wait for this.. Anybody ever peep Shaka King's flick from 2013 Newlyweeds? Its pretty good. This dude is talented

bg.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Drew Wonder I wouldnt be surprised if thecoli feels about the same as this review :patrice:

Breh I know who saw the sundance screening just told me something similar

Good review tho:ehh:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
Just leaving a screening brehs.

Daniel and Lakeith’s performance is :wow:

When I wake up I’ll give a more thorough breakdown(The girl I took to the screening is coming over) :takedat:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Drew Wonder I wouldnt be surprised if thecoli feels about the same as this review :patrice:

Breh I know who saw the sundance screening just told me something similar

Good review tho:ehh:

I'm sure some people won't like the focus that was placed on O'Neal at the expense of Hampton. But, I thought there were enough scenes giving us insight into Fred's philosophy as well as what he was struggling with. The reviewer made a good point however about how few films there are about Fred. What really resonated with me above anything else with the movie however was just the quality of filmmaking (direction, cinematography, editing, acting, dialogue). I think the reaction to this will be similar to the reaction to Spike Lee's Malcolm X. People who have an appreciation for great filmmaking will love it while people focused more on the history may be disappointed that it didn't show or go deep enough into the historical figure.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm sure some people won't like the focus that was placed on O'Neal at the expense of Hampton. But, I thought there were enough scenes giving us insight into Fred's philosophy as well as what he was struggling with. The reviewer made a good point however about how few films there are about Fred. What really resonated with me above anything else with the movie however was just the quality of filmmaking (direction, cinematography, editing, acting, dialogue). I think the reaction to this will be similar to the reaction to Spike Lee's Malcolm X. People who have an appreciation for great filmmaking will love it while people focused more on the history may be disappointed that it didn't show or go deep enough into the historical figure.
Funny you say that because some other reviews (still very positive) wish it had that epic run time like a Malcolm X or a movie like Heat.

I remember making a thread on here about should there be another Malcolm X film and most breshs said no. It was sparked by how TLR was mentioning all the things Lee left out.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Funny you say that because some other reviews (still very positive) wish it had that epic run time like a Malcolm X or a movie like Heat.

I remember making a thread on here about should there be another Malcolm X film and most breshs said no. It was sparked by how TLR was mentioning all the things Lee left out.

I dont think we need another Malcom movie. IMO a NOI Mini Series would be much more powerful. Let Each episode be a decade, because if you are really versed in NOI history Malcolm is just a piece of the larger puzzle.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

idk, I’m back and forth on whether it should’ve been longer because another strength I thought the movie had was the pacing. It really hits the ground running from the opening and it’s a movie where no scene is wasted. It actually felt like a thriller at times

I think if people go into this expecting a full overview of Fred’s life. They’ll be disappointed. It was more about showcasing what made Fred such an amazing leader as well as why he was such a threat to the FBI along with some glimpses into what he was like behind the scenes