Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If someone only "vibes" with a couple genres and can't see how other genres would be appreciated, I have to question their intelligence. It's a sign of being a simpleton. :manny:
I don't even know what you're talking about man. :unimpressed:

"Dark and fukked up" isn't a genre.

"Martyrs" is dark and fukked up, and horror.

"I Saw The Devil" is dark and fukked up, and an action/thriller.

"Antichrist" is dark and fukked up, and....basically some weirdo art house shyt by Lars Von Trier.

I seriously doubt this movie is anywhere near those, in terms of darkness. But some people just aren't into shyt like that, at all.

I see people in this thread splitting hairs between....I dunno, let's say "Deadpool", "The Dark Knight", "Logan", etc. and the Disney movies.
That shyt is all the same to me. Cats watch a couple comic movies with an R rating and act like they're doing some next level shyt.:mjlol:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't even know what you're talking about man. :unimpressed:

"Dark and fukked up" isn't a genre.

"Martyrs" is dark and fukked up, and horror.

"I Saw The Devil" is dark and fukked up, and an action/thriller.

"Antichrist" is dark and fukked up, and....basically some weirdo art house shyt by Lars Von Trier.

I seriously doubt this movie is anywhere near those, in terms of darkness. But some people just aren't into shyt like that, at all.

I see people in this thread splitting hairs between....I dunno, let's say "Deadpool", "The Dark Knight", "Logan", etc. and the Disney movies.
That shyt is all the same to me. Cats watch a couple comic movies with an R rating and act like they're doing some next level shyt.:mjlol:

Fred.

If someone is uncomfortable with "dark and fukked up" then maybe they are detached from reality. The world is dark and fukked up. Also, I don't know what you are trying to downplay this for... we have no idea how good or bad or how it will push limits, etc. We don't know. Just because a movie is based on a comic doesn't mean it can't be great.

You seem to have an issue with people saying Logan was a great movie and had some real world commentary. The screenplay was nominated for an Oscar, that is rarely going to happen in a movie that is based on comics, especially one where it's mutants running around. For that reason it was next level for this genre.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Change the names of everyone in Logan, replace the word Mutants with "Gifted" or "Miracles", get rid of the X-Men comic books reference & it's still the same movie.