Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Wow. Can’t believe is official.

I generally was not expecting it to happen. Seemed like one of those yeah it’s nice to want something deals...

If this is great and Phoenix is incredible....
This is going to open such a Pandora’s box of people whining that he isn’t in the dceu

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Or wait. Is it’s official because I’m not seeing it reported it’s confirmed go other than that tweet
The Hollywood Reporter included it in their article about WB's new strategy with their DC properties:

Then there are two potential Joker features — one to star Jared Leto, who played the character in 2016's Suicide Squad, and another, starring Joaquin Phoenix, that Todd Phillips will direct. Phillips' movie, expected to begin shooting in the fall, is budgeted at about $55 million, a fraction of most superhero pics, and may be launched under a new label that could be branded with a name like "DC Dark" or "DC Black."

Warner Bros. Shifts DC Strategy Amid Executive Change-Up

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Hollywood Reporter included it in their article about WB's new strategy with their DC properties:

Then there are two potential Joker features — one to star Jared Leto, who played the character in 2016's Suicide Squad, and another, starring Joaquin Phoenix, that Todd Phillips will direct. Phillips' movie, expected to begin shooting in the fall, is budgeted at about $55 million, a fraction of most superhero pics, and may be launched under a new label that could be branded with a name like "DC Dark" or "DC Black."

That whole article is fascinating to me

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

DC going even darker! Hilarious. I'm all for this movie but can't it just be regular DC?
The dark branding is now a detriment.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

I saw that but still doesn’t seem to be actually official. For it to be official they wouldn’t just bury it in a article like that it would be its own story and from what I’ve seen Phoenix has never officially been announced in the role.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DC going even darker! Hilarious. I'm all for this movie but can't it just be regular DC?
The dark branding is now a detriment.
The paragraph right after that one reads:
But the other DC movies are leaving behind the dark and brooding palette. The Flash, which will finally begin production in early 2019 with Ezra Miller starring, has abandoned the somber themes it had been expected to tackle. The film now has the Game Night team of John Francis Daly and Jonathan Goldstein on board, and it's looking to Back to the Future as a touchstone.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The paragraph right after that one reads:
But the other DC movies are leaving behind the dark and brooding palette. The Flash, which will finally begin production in early 2019 with Ezra Miller starring, has abandoned the somber themes it had been expected to tackle. The film now has the Game Night team of John Francis Daly and Jonathan Goldstein on board, and it's looking to Back to the Future as a touchstone.
Cool, just saying even if you want to differentiate this and other movies from the regular DCEU call it something else instead of dark/black.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They could literally just reshoot You Were Never Really Here with him wearing joker attire and I would love this film and pay money to see it multiple times

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker has the potential to be GOAT level.

Who is writing this?

Fred.