Official "Invincible" TV Series Thread (NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Starting this up :ehh:

OOOH fukkKKK :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Those sequence of posts are literally this gif

RfsoDiy.gif

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Looking back at the episode...if you get past all the killing he was doing...Omni Man was ultimately trying to train Mark. He ran out of time because he got caught with the murders. So, maybe he knew he had to leave the Earth and wanted Mark to be ready to defend it from what is coming....

I haven't fully thought it through, but I have a half-formed idea in my head that this show has some comparisons to the idea of corrupt cops combined with organized crime. Like, maybe the Viltrumites see them selves as more like "peacekeepers" than conquerors, but ultimately they're a form of a mafia "protection racket" scheme and they won't tolerate any other "gangs" in their territory.

And Omniman is trying to "initiate" Mark into the cop gang, like Denzel from Training Day or Vic Mackey from The Shield.

OOOH fukkKKK :damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

I've spent REALLY a lot of time watching those "reaction videos" on youtube about this show. The reactions to people watching the first episode are probably MORE entertaining than the episode itself. I saw one video where one of the people watching the first episode was literally about to cry when it was over.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

This is very well done.

What y'all think?

Too many spoilers in that trailer. Plus the gory parts should be left out so when you finally do sit down to watch it for the first time those scenes will catch you by surprise as you had no clue that this show would take it there on that level. Or maybe I'm seeing this wrong. Maybe its just a completion of OmniMan doing damage.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Too many spoilers in that trailer. Plus the gory parts should be left out so when you finally do sit down to watch it for the first time those scenes will catch you by surprise as you had no clue that this show would take it there on that level. Or maybe I'm seeing this wrong. Maybe its just a completion of OmniMan doing damage.

It's more like a music video. And yeah, it's spoiler heavy but nobody who hasn't seen the whole series has no business watching it.

Daps
I haven't fully thought it through, but I have a half-formed idea in my head that this show has some comparisons to the idea of corrupt cops combined with organized crime. Like, maybe the Viltrumites see them selves as more like "peacekeepers" than conquerors, but ultimately they're a form of a mafia "protection racket" scheme and they won't tolerate any other "gangs" in their territory.

And Omniman is trying to "initiate" Mark into the cop gang, like Denzel from Training Day or Vic Mackey from The Shield.

I've spent REALLY a lot of time watching those "reaction videos" on youtube about this show. The reactions to people watching the first episode are probably MORE entertaining than the episode itself. I saw one video where one of the people watching the first episode was literally about to cry when it was over.

Watched an episode last night

Vic Mackey the gawd :lawd:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
After a quick read through the first few chapters of the comic there's a lot of little small changes in this version of it, and most of them work for the better. The art style, pacing and characterization feels better in the show. Seems to be whole characters that are key in the show that don't even exist in the comic it seems.

I stopped there just to compare, I want the rest of the show to be a fresh experience like I had today.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
One thing I like about Omni man is you can genuinely fukk him up to a certain degree, idk what his real weakness is but when the immortal started thumbing his eyes (and then he started crying when he left earth, that was sooooo subtle, and soooo clean, cause hurting his son hurt him the most ) really drives home him and his people are really just generally strong as hell but not--- *INSERT TITLE CARD HERE*

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I like about Omni man is you can genuinely fukk him up to a certain degree, idk what his real weakness is but when the immortal started thumbing his eyes (and then he started crying when he left earth, that was sooooo subtle, and soooo clean, cause hurting his son hurt him the most ) really drives home him and his people are really just generally strong as hell but not--- *INSERT TITLE CARD HERE*

/THREAD :wow: