Official Hateful Eight Thread

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope you saw the premiere, how did you arrange that? I haven't really loved anything Tarantino's done since 'Death Proof', he seems to have lost quite a few steps, but I am looking forward to this, nonetheless.

My boy got it through being a member of the New York Times Film Club.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to the premier in NYC on Monday and here's a rundown (NO SPOILERS) and random fukkery from my experience:

-the audience was 95% white, artsy types
-Tarantino spoke and introduced the cast minus Sam Jack who wasn't there
-He said everything is 3D nowadays but 70mm makes you feel like you're in the movie
-Some :flabbynsick: broads trying to grab Tatum's arm and saying "We love you" while the cast headed to their seats :mjlol:
-lots of celebs there from Michael Moore to Buscemi
-seats were assigned, a white couple came by our isle, told their seats were next to me and my boy, went to sit elsewhere, forced to come back after the theater filled, white lady leans over and says into my ear, "you're getting too close" (I'm just in my seat occupying my space :dahell:), swaps seats with her husband so he's next to me
-Then the movie starts with a long ass overture but it was okay because the music was great (as it was through the entire film)
-Long ass credits and title sequence (getting impatient in case I gotta use the bathroom later :lolbron:)
-70mm looks awesome :whoo:
-N bomb gets dropped about 10 times in the first 5 minutes with lots of laughter :stopitslime:
-N bomb dropped about 35 more times in the next 40 minutes :martin:
-Sam and Goggins are killing their roles:wow:
-Intemission came at around 2 hours but no one could get to the bathroom through the crowd and Steve Buscemi and a bunch of other actors are there joking about it
-Had a conversation during the break with Ethan Hawke, just came up and started talking to me about the film
-N bomb dropped...fukk, I think a record was set :snoop:
-Sam's character :demonic: :damn::huhldup::bryan::dead:
-end to a huge applause

The movie is really good. I hate long movies but the dialog and performances are great except for Tatum who was weak in comparison to everyone else. I'm not even sure why he was casted. His cowboy "accent" seemed to come and go or change completely.

It was funnier than I expected but hearing the N word said so much with the crowd laughing every time made me feel extremely uncomfortable.
Breh can we get some spoilers ? I'm seeing it no matter what lol

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how many times was the n word used :lupe:

I should have counted but If there was a drinking game for the movie you'd die of alcohol poisoning before intermission. I'd guess around 30-50 times.

If you guys go to see it make sure to count.

So the movie is about race relations post Civil War? Why wouldn't it be a bunch of white people saying nikka in the movie? :mindblown::why:

:mjlol:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess SAMs , Russell fates . Major twists maybe

That's gonna ruin the movie:damn:

Major Spoilers
Only two characters are alive when it ends. Sam is one of them.

The major twist is that the spot they stop at is a trap to free JJL's character. The gang she's in had set up shop and are impersonating people.