Official 'Halo' TV Show Thread | Paramount +

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Another great episode

I still don't care about the asian chick but she's infinitely less annoying than in s1. They also did a good job of giving the new director guy more character and depth in ep 3, he was getting a bit cookie cutter caricature in the first 2 eps.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Another great episode

I still don't care about the asian chick but she's infinitely less annoying than in s1. They also did a good job of giving the new director guy more character and depth in ep 3, he was getting a bit cookie cutter caricature in the first 2 eps.
I still don't totally get how the covenant got to reach or why reach was sacrificed so easily. We should've been getting different colony specific episodes instead of this rom com drama shyt.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I still don't totally get how the covenant got to reach or why reach was sacrificed so easily. We should've been getting different colony specific episodes instead of this rom com drama shyt.
They dont really cover it in the game on how Reach was found. The Covenant considered mankind a threat and started hitting them harder. They realized Reach was the head of space command so somewhere, off game, they came up with a plan to take it out.

As for the show, the female defector that was in the first season was brought back to Reach so she remembered where it was and told them, off screen.

As for abandoning the planet, that didn't happen in the game, relief was coming but by the time they arrived the planet wad already glass. The Covenant forces were too overwhelming.

Homeboy leaving and withholding information and ostracizing the Spartans is what the show wants to do. :weirdo:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I’m really liking this. Was this on Showtime last season or was it only on Paramount+, and now on Showtime because of the merger?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I’m really liking this. Was this on Showtime last season or was it only on Paramount+, and now on Showtime because of the merger?
Paramount always owned Showtime like Warner Brothers always owned HBO and Cinemax. Paramount is just slimming things down because it's properties are not as popular as Warner Brothers @wire28 @AnonymityX1000

Last edited:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
They dont really cover it in the game on how Reach was found. The Covenant considered mankind a threat and started hitting them harder. They realized Reach was the head of space command so somewhere, off game, they came up with a plan to take it out.

As for the show, the female defector that was in the first season was brought back to Reach so she remembered where it was and told them, off screen.

As for abandoning the planet, that didn't happen in the game, relief was coming but by the time they arrived the planet wad already glass. The Covenant forces were too overwhelming.

Homeboy leaving and withholding information and ostracizing the Spartans is what the show wants to do. :weirdo:
Ah I didn't even think of the possibility of shorty telling the location of Reach.

I read the Reach book (looong ago) and the author devoted much more time to ONIs fear of the covenant attacking colonies, so I was thrown off by how quickly we got to attacks on Reach.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Paramount always owned Showtime like Warner Brothers always owned HBO and Cinemax. Paramount is just slimming things down because it's properties are not as popular as Warner Brothers @wire28 @AnonymityX1000
:whoo: Wasn’t aware

Well, this “slimming down” is bout to make me add the damn Showtime package. I heard the programming was aight but I refused to pay for the Paramount+ App. However, if all the shows are going to be on cable + I get all the movies (Showtime) I might as well.
Smdh

I’m truly enjoying this show.

Binging S2E1-3 now

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
SN: it’s weird watching this and having Master Chiefs in my family because I’m wondering if this is how they are greeted/acknowledged by every person they encounter :ehh::ehh:
Kinda want to sit my uncle down and have him watch this lol

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
SN: it’s weird watching this and having Master Chiefs in my family because I’m wondering if this is how they are greeted/acknowledged by every person they encounter :ehh::ehh:
Kinda want to sit my uncle down and have him watch this lol
All respect to your fam, but Chief is a legendary warrior. So he gets praise above and beyond his rank. I doubt Spartans could attain too high a rank anyway. You wouldn’t want to give such a physically superior being that much military/political power.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
All respect to your fam, but Chief is a legendary warrior. So he gets praise above and beyond his rank. I doubt Spartans could attain too high a rank anyway. You wouldn’t want to give such a physically superior being that much military/political power.
No it’s all good! I know nothing about this military stuff except how ppl act when I’m on base with them from time to time. But that makes total sense. Lol