Official 'Halo' TV Show Thread | Paramount +

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
This show is honestly such a departure from Halo even if its another universe or timeline
I honestly don't know how microsoft could have looked at anything before this came out and said yes this is good

They killed so many movies or pilots up til this show as well waiting on the right script and this is what they are okay with

Mandolorian is another sci fi show and I hate to make that comparison but honestly I wish they did something like that. they seem to have mixed up Master Chief's character soooo bad and I honestly have no idea what the showrunner was thinking
How is this chief even a master chief petty officer when he goes awol so damn much
Even in the games Chief only went Awol when the series began to spin out of control plot wise
This show is establishing straight up he's an out of control super soldier experience emotional inertia overload all the time

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
If this show wasn’t called Halo or had nothing to do with the series….. I think it would be straight.

I’m not even mad at the acting, the world, or the story off of just the base of that and nothing else.

But when they took on the mantle of being “Halo” but not being Halo. That’s my issue.

I’m just tired of this thing in Hollywood where they get a popular IP. And then for the sake of “their own vision” or “well we don’t wanna copy what made people love this and keep folks on their toes” shyt change up so much about these franchises that they become almost unrecognizable

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The show is ok, enjoyable and entertaining enough, nothing special. Since their already filming season 2 I'm hoping it will be the fall of reach and by season 3 they will have corrected the mistakes of season 1 and 2 and we will see the events of Halo 1 play out.

The best episode in my opinion is the first, it's your traditional "TV" episode, with a clear beginning middle and end with a good sub plot that is resolved in the episode but leaves on a cliff hanger for the next episode. Even though the first half of the season doesn't have a lot of action its more intriguing then the last half IMO. After episode 5 things kinda falls apart, and goes into a mellow drama on reach but comes together in the finale.

I grew up watching TV shows with 24 episode seasons when you had to watch a new one every week and their was always a mid season finale. I think they should just release the entire season at once and it would get better reviews. The show is probably much better when you binge watch it.

My prediction for season 2 is, makee's phantom leads the covenant to reach, MC goes to kwan-ha and she shows him where Halo is and the last half of the season is the fall of reach and at the end MC is the last spartan on the Pillar of Autumn headed to Halo. I think MC will feel guilty about leading the covanat to reach and failing to see through makee's lies ultimately driving him to save humanity form the covenant. He has animosity for the UNSC for what they did to him but has regret for his actions in season 1. He puts that all aside and becomes the ionic hero we see in the games. Halo Season 1 isn't what we wanted but had to happen to set the series up.
If we dont get any game line story in season 2 I really cant see any fans of the halo games returning to the series. :manny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I wasn't familiar with Halo before this show, and the main thing I'm taking away from it is a better appreciation of how much deeper the Mass Effect universe is then all these other space Sci Fi game universes. THAT's the show I would be looking for.

capblk

Rookie
Daps
I enjoyed the season enough to checkout S2. If they can fix the lighting and cut back on the CGI to use more practical effects that can help.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Really they never need to make this about Spartan 117. There are like 300 other original Spartans they could've chosen.

That's what made Reach dope imo

Edit: nope I get it now. This story has to be about John. Plus we already know he's a white kid. It was only a mystery back in the early 2000s. That's been deaded since the cartoon came out.
Really? Because I was disappointed to see him as a plain pasty white boy. I wanted him to be mixed or racially ambiguous like Jason Kidd or something lol. All these years later and still everyone important has to be white in these shows

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Really? Because I was disappointed to see him as a plain pasty white boy. I wanted him to be mixed or racially ambiguous like Jason Kidd or something lol. All these years later and still everyone important has to be white in these shows
playing halo in 2001 I always thought he was a 50 year old jason kidd look a like.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Late pass but i just binged this, and i'm in the camp that liked this show a lot. :ehh:

In my college years I played the ish outta Halo 3, Reach, and 343's first attempt (Halo 4?). Didn't touch the franchise after that.. so altho i'm familiar with the core characters and premise, i'm not an OG or a bible thumper for the source material, which i barley understood back then anyway other than shoot the fukking aliens.

I was surprised by how well-acted the show was tho, as i came in expecting some direct to dvd starship troopers ass mess. Pretty much everyone* did their thing and the fights/cgi/cinematography were largely on point.

*The only character i did not like was Kwan. They made her a bit too brash and impulsive without any charm or likability.