BasicBeneficialBarasinga-small.gif

:mjlol::mjlol:Had my man on Mars happy as hell after handing out a fade
giphy.gif

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
screen drafts. Godzilla vs Kong. The concept of screen drafts is so dope and it’s one I’m trying to figure out how we can do in message board form here because I think cats would dig it. Just can’t wrap my head around the how.

Anyway,I think it’s because Godzilla isn’t ours. Dude went into the Japanese history of the franchise and why Godzilla exists and what that character means to them as a people and a nation. America co opted and appropriated this monster created in the wake of our own country dropping bombs on the Japanese! Lol like how wild can you get? The oppressors took the content created in response to their most violent act.

Godzilla is inherently Japanese. He means more to them than us. He’s a symbol. For us he’s just a giant monster tearing into buildings. For them he’s a metaphor or allegory for whatever bullshyt is happening in the world and mans folly to keep playing God while ignoring nature.

The thing, predator, alien, etc are all American ideas and constructs. Kong is an American idea. It’s why not all J horror connects here as much as studios hoped it would because a lot of those things that scare the Japanese don’t scare American audiences or we have no context. In Japan, ghosts and cats mean something. To us they’re just ghosts and cats.
It's crazy to look back on Godzilla and see how many roles he has played through out his film history. He's a been a hero, a villain, an anti-hero, a creature just trying to live, an evolving nuclear mutation, a God, a symbol of Earth, and he's even been possessed by the spirits of fallen WW2 soldiers. He's also been the subject of serious and goofy discussion. Is he the embodiment of post-nuclear trauma or is he a national hope disguised as a fire breathing monster? Japan has even named him as a Resident and Tourism Ambassador. Quite the diversity.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
All imma say is this godzilla probably one of the weakest ones or is nerfed because there are versions that destroy moon sized asteroids and other crazy shyt :hubie: