Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
American Godzilla news
The sequel to 2014's Godzilla movie by director Gareth Edwards will once again see the return of screenwriter Max Borenstein! In a recent interview with Collider, Borenstein revealed that he is currently penning the script for Godzilla 2.

Slated for a June 8th, 2018 release date, Borenstein promises Bigger and Better things from the sequel, saying: "I’m writing it now, and it’s really going to be great. I don’t want to go off book and tell you anything that I’m not allowed to tell you. The response to the first film was really exciting, but now that that world is established, we can do bigger and even better things. We’re really stoked."

Gareth Edwards who is currently filming the first Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One film will return to direct Godzilla 2 for Warner Brothers Studios and Legendary Pictures. In terms of plot direction, we already know three of Godzilla's most iconic Monsters, Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah will all be making an appearance. During the filming of Godzilla (2014), Gareth always expressed interest in making a Destroy All Monsters style sequel - and it looks like Toho has given him that chance.

Read more: Max Borenstein Returns to Pen the Script for Legendary's Godzilla Sequel!
:dj2:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
can you tell me about their stories? Can picture a few but that's about it
Ghidorah the gawd is just the GOAT monster villain :ahh:

Origins
King Ghidorah has a different origin in every series.

In the Showa series, King Ghidorah is said to have attacked Venus under his own power many thousands of years ago, wiping out the planet's entire civilization. He later attacked Earth, but was repelled by Earth's monsters. At some point, he was taken control of by the Xiliens and used as a pawn in their invasion of Earth. King Ghidorah was destined to be taken control of by different alien races, losing his history on the way. The Garogas later claimed to have created King Ghidorah, but whether this is true or not is never definitively explained, given the monster's ancient history.

n Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, King Ghidorah is part of a scheme by time-traveling terrorists known as the Futurians to destroy Japan in the past to prevent it from becoming a global economic superpower. He is the result of the Futurians placing three genetically-engineered creatures from the future called Dorats on Lagos Island in the year 1944. In 1954, the Dorats were exposed to the Castle Bravo hydrogen bomb test conducted at nearby Bikini Atoll, which caused them to merge and mutate into King Ghidorah. According to the novelization of the film, the Dorats were engineered using DNA recovered from the corpse of another King Ghidorah found on the surface of Venus, suggesting that like in the Showa series King Ghidorah is originally an alien creature, but the one featured in the film is simply a clone of him.

In Rebirth of Mothra III, King Ghidorah, a more powerful relative of Desghidorah, arrived on the Earth millions of years ago and caused the Cretaceous extinction. He returned to Earth in the present in order to feed off of humans, especially children.

In Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, King Ghidorah is reinvented as a heroic monster for the first, and so far only, time. In this film, King Ghidorah is the God of the Sky and one of the three Guardian Monsters, along with Mothra and Baragon. An ancient Yamata no Orochi, an eight-headed dragon from Japanese mythology, King Ghidorah was slain by Japanese warriors thousands of years ago and laid to rest underneath Mount Fuji. The warriors prayed for King Ghidorah's soul, and over the next several centuries he slowly regenerated, empowered by the souls of Japan's honorable dead. However, he was awakened before he could grow back all eight of his heads, instead growing only three.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
They better give him some damn arms @Swiggy :dwillhuh:
latest

I think he good :whoa:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
can you tell me about their stories? Can picture a few but that's about it

TOHOKingdom Monster Bios

That can tell you about all of the versions.

King Ghidorah - three headed dragon, Godzilla's arch nemesis
Mothra - comes in two forms - larva stage and will eventually turn into a giant Moth, has the most Ws' against Godzilla
Rodan - flying bird, sometimes ally/sometimes foe with/against Godzilla
Mechagodzilla - robotic version of Godzilla, sometimes he fights for bad, sometimes he fights for good (Godzilla is usually on the opposite side)
Anguirus - four legged monster with spikes on his back, like Rodan and Mothra - he is sometimes an ally/sometimes foe with/against Godzilla