Official Georgia Senate Run-Off Thread: Warnock BEATS Loeffler! Ossoff BEATS Perdue!

WHAT WILL BE THE RESULT?

• Total voters

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
My issue is ya'll are saying AOC, Rashida, Ilhan, etc are the reasons the Dems can't win the Senate or the reason the Dems will lose the House in 2022. When... the Dems were getting destroyed from 2010-2016 down ballot.
There is usually more than one reason for everything. Most problems are multi factorial. It’d be stupid to say it’s all them. But there are unforced errors coming from them that isn’t helping the situation. You feel me?

I feel like if people could just have a little inner reflection and humility, a lot of issues could be solved. The GOP is potentially at a tipping point to either going very extreme and/or splitting and the left being divided over dumb shyt is ridiculous.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But there are unforced errors coming from them that isn’t helping the situation. You feel me?
The problem with this is you hold the progressive congressmembers to a higher standard than the more experienced and established members. It doesn't make sense.

These people in power of the Dems are losers who are in fear of the GOP and expect everyone to run like that, which means no progress.

I don't think anyone is saying the progressive Dems have been 100% accurate, but the establishment dems have shot blanks for nearly 20 years.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I NEVER said that AOC or those others are the only reason for Democrats losses........but they are a not-insignificant factor :guilty:

Also, the Democrats got destroyed down-ballot in 2010-2016 primarily because of many white voters hatred of a Black president :guilty:
And yet he got elected twice. But the Dem Party as we’ve talked about had no infrastructure to even compete!!! Money sucked up by the consultant class. Yes, racism is one thing but it isn’t the entire thing. Governance and your state parties being demolished are huge.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
The problem with this is you hold the progressive congressmembers to a higher standard than the more experienced and established members. It doesn't make sense.

These people in power of the Dems are losers who are in fear of the GOP and expect everyone to run like that, which means no progress.

I don't think anyone is saying the progressive Dems have been 100% accurate, but the establishment dems have shot blanks for nearly 20 years.

And yet he got elected twice. But the Dem Party as we’ve talked about had no infrastructure to even compete!!! Money sucked up by the consultant class. Yes, racism is one thing but it isn’t the entire thing. Governance and your state parties being demolished are huge.
It's fair to criticize establishment Democrats for the hollowing out of the Democratic Party in the past 20 years.

However, I wasn't talking about the past 20 years. I was talking about this year (2020) and the results of this election.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
It's fair to criticize establishment Democrats for the hollowing out of the Democratic Party in the past 20 years.

However, I wasn't talking about the past 20 years. I was talking about this year (2020) and the results of this election.
And our point is that the factors of the last 20 years are still at play for why the Dems can’t even win the Senate.

They've won the House only 4 times now since 1994!!!

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
And our point is that the factors of the last 20 years are still at play for why the Dems can’t even win the Senate.

But the Senate (since party re-alignment post-Civil Rights Movement and increased polarization) is intuitively biased against Democrats.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But the Senate (since party re-alignment post-Civil Rights Movement and increased polarization) is intuitively biased against Democrats.
You are blaming new progressive members more harshly than the experienced members who lost a lot more seats prior for nearly 20 years. The logic makes no sense.

The DC/Capitol Hill/K street crowd don't know whats going on in America, particularly rural America and haven't since the 80s, hence the loss of seats. Blaming AOC, Ilhan Omar, and other leftists congress members is disingenuous.

Some of it is due to dixiecrats leaving, but some of it is this same period is when big AG has taken over rural lands and the fall fo industry, which Dems have sat by and even encouraged.

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY

Yeah to say the reason why Democrats did horrible down ballot this year is because of the “Defund the Police,” movement is just a talking point by a lot of establishment to shift blame and not looking at the elephant in the room that the GOP is closer to minority rule than we think. I critique the Defund the police movement for its horrible messaging but it’s not a major reason why Dems continue to do horrible down ballot and at the state level. This has been the trend the last 20 years.

By 2040 2/3rds the of Americans will be represented by 30% of the senate. Which means we could have PERMANENT Republican control of the senate by mid century. Or the collapse of the rural vote which is hurting Dems chances to win back state legislatures all across the country. And this year was a census year and now we will have another decade or voter suppression
and gerrymandering. Not to mention they have the courts in their pocket to do whatever they want for the next 20-30 years.

Biden’s win is a victory but it will be looked back as a pyrrhic victory in the long run if the party doesn’t do massive reform. But I doubt it as I said before the establishment and unfortunately Democratic voters do not see the major threat of Conservative minority rule. They will realize it when it’s too late. If we lose the GA races they will somehow blame AOC the squads for campaigning for Dems in GA.

Last edited: