Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Game of Thrones Stars Reportedly Sign Massive New Contracts for the Final Two Seasons

The highest paid stars of Game of Thrones are about to set a record, according to an unconfirmed report in Express today. They have signed new contracts for the final two seasons, which could have implications for certain characters.

Express reveals that Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will earn up to £2 million per episode (over $2.5 million in US dollars). This is more than the record setting $1 million per episode salaries for the casts of Friends and The Big Bang Theory combined. Bonus clauses will allow them to share percentages of syndication payments from broadcasts in over 170 countries. Considering Game of Thrones averaged 23 million viewers per episode last season, this is a lucrative benefit indeed.

We reported here last year that the five were in negotiations to be paid “north of $500,000 an episode” for seasons 7 and 8. If true, these new contracts will earn them more than five times that number. Thankfully, the show’s immense popularity helps offset the show’s ever increasing budget. These new salaries combined with skyrocketing production costs make Game of Thrones one of the most expensive shows on television.

Game of Thrones Stars Reportedly Sign Massive New Contracts for the Final Two Seasons | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary
Maybe this is the real reason for the shortened seasons:mjpls:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm more curious to see what the contracts will look like for Maise Williams and Sophie Turner. They were upgraded to being credited in the main cast last season if I recall correctly and received a pay raise.

I know they wanting to eat off that syndication percentage too :feedme:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Game of Thrones Stars Reportedly Sign Massive New Contracts for the Final Two Seasons

The highest paid stars of Game of Thrones are about to set a record, according to an unconfirmed report in Express today. They have signed new contracts for the final two seasons, which could have implications for certain characters.

Express reveals that Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau will earn up to £2 million per episode (over $2.5 million in US dollars). This is more than the record setting $1 million per episode salaries for the casts of Friends and The Big Bang Theory combined. Bonus clauses will allow them to share percentages of syndication payments from broadcasts in over 170 countries. Considering Game of Thrones averaged 23 million viewers per episode last season, this is a lucrative benefit indeed.

We reported here last year that the five were in negotiations to be paid “north of $500,000 an episode” for seasons 7 and 8. If true, these new contracts will earn them more than five times that number. Thankfully, the show’s immense popularity helps offset the show’s ever increasing budget. These new salaries combined with skyrocketing production costs make Game of Thrones one of the most expensive shows on television.

Game of Thrones Stars Reportedly Sign Massive New Contracts for the Final Two Seasons | Watchers on the Wall | A Game of Thrones Community for Breaking News, Casting, and Commentary

Nah, that aint the reason

HBO would get an extra month of GOT programming with full seasons. Thats worth way more to them than the contracts

The show just got too big to film 10 episodes during the alloted production period

Aint gonna be no more filler

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Nah, that aint the reason

HBO would get an extra month of GOT programming with full seasons. Thats worth way more to them than the contracts

The show just got too big to film 10 episodes during the alloted production period

Aint gonna be no more filler

I was just trolling about that actually being the reason. HBO execs have been all but beggin D&D for more episodes:mjcry:

As far as the filler comment, I've seen you say that several times and I disagree each time. They have rushed way too many storylines and character moments for me to say they are shortening the seasons to avoid filler. It's your other point that I think is accurate. They have way too many heavy post-production scenes in these last seasons to be able to get the seasons done in time for the spring or summer. They ran up to the last minute just to get season 6 done, and some scenes (like the battle for winterfell) had to be improvised on the spot because they couldn't do what was in the script. Not to mention, with "winter" northern scenes becoming more prominent they have to film more scenes later in the year for the frigid conditions they need in the countries that have snowfall.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Ho Ass Stannis reading this shyt like

stannis.gif

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

They been using Jamie way wrong the past couple of seasons for him to be part of the :eat: crew....and tyrion's role was downright :what: last season :smh:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
No, I dont.

I mean Jon birthed by Momma Stark and raised by Uncle Stark. If you are referring to that faceless sperm donor that raped his mom, you can find every memory of him at the bottom of the Trident
Don't even make me start on that money in the bank Bobby Kardashian move.
My Prince, Rhaegar went through hundreds of nikkas before getting blindsided at the Trident.