Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
This show has essentially killed the entire fantasy / medieval genre for movies, the depth, adherence to the worlds physics and how dark it is has me watching LOTR like :ld:

Funny, I've never watched LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter...never had any interest..this show had me thinking I should give those a try. You saying I shouldn't bother? :lupe:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
How are we at episode 6 already :why:

Them leaks actually made the season fly by because last week felt like the beginning of the season even though it was the halfway point

Yeah I kinda wish I didn't fukk with the leaks...kinda fukked up my enjoyment of the season tbh. I've barely even gotten involved in any discussion because of it for instance.

It's what I get for being impatient...:manny:

It just confirms my long held belief that weekly episodes > The netflix model of releasing everything at once.

Funny, I've never watched LOTR, Hobbit, Harry Potter...never had any interest..this show had me thinking I should give those a try. You saying I shouldn't bother? :lupe:

I've never seen a Harry Potter movie.

LOTR, particularly the first movie, is still legit.

Honestly, you can't even really compare LOTR and GOT they are too different. Contrary to popular belief, the LOTR universe does have depth it's just that it's most famous story is very basic about good versus evil.

The Hobbit movies fukking sucked. Peter Jackson is a borderline hack.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

They're ok, LOTR was dope at the time but now looking back it with GoT colored glasses it's hard to really watch them. There's not nearly the character development or sense of the world really existing with history. The only thing they have going for them are the action scenes, and they just aren't as brutal.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
Who takes the biggest L tonight?

Lannisters?
Byrdgang?
Sansa?
ISIS?
Tyrells?
Martells?
Boltons?
Reek?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
How are we at episode 6 already :why:

Them leaks actually made the season fly by because last week felt like the beginning of the season even though it was the halfway point
Yeah I kinda wish I didn't fukk with the leaks...kinda fukked up my enjoyment of the season tbh. I've barely even gotten involved in any discussion because of it for instance.

It's what I get for being impatient...:manny:

It just confirms my long held belief that weekly episodes > The netflix model of releasing everything at once.

I've never seen a Harry Potter movie.

LOTR, particularly the first movie, is still legit.

Honestly, you can't even really compare LOTR and GOT they are too different. Contrary to popular belief, the LOTR universe does have depth it's just that it's most famous story is very basic about good versus evil.

The Hobbit movies fukking sucked. Peter Jackson is a borderline hack.

The Daredevil discussion thread was just :francis:because of the Netflix model. Nothing but scattered-ass discussions.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
giphy.gif