Official Game of Thrones Season 5 Thread (No books/leaks spoilers; spoiler tags not allowed)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
when they do this imax stuff (dont have one near me) how many eps do you see or is it pay per episode etc? just wondering how that works....

This is just a one-time thing for S04E09 and S04E10

I wouldn't be surprised if they started doing weekly showing by season 6 though. I think this was just an experiment to build momentum for season 5 and see how well it would sell

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
IGN discussion:

This dude had the same experience with the audience laughing that I did. Honestly, it was annoying as fukk. Every time Sam said something even mildly amusing there was a group of guys sitting in front of me that laughed. Then when Ygritte died they laughed at Ollie's head nod.

I get that they were old episodes so the tension is different than upon initial viewing, but if I were to watch a live episode and there was a laughing problem I probably would never go back

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How did they resolve the show catching up to the books and the books not being done before HBO wants more shows.

bCWRJx1.jpg

George+R+R+Martin+Paris+McBride+63rd+Annual+WRxvIRBaGO0l.jpg

Wifey was a thot :heh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
"
See the first batch of promo photos for Season 5!

BY ROWAN KAISERONJANUARY 30, 2015 IN MARKETING.

Daniel-Portman-as-Podrick-Payne-and-Gwendoline-Christie-as-Brienne-of-Tarth-_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

Along with the official trailer, HBO has released eighteen high-quality photos of characters in Season 5. These aren’t just scenes from the trailer–we’ve got several other moments that aren’t shown in the trailer. There are also characters, like Brienne and Pod, above, who weren’t seen in the trailer. But they’re certainly not forgotten.

More after the jump, starting with the other characters from The Vale and onto King’s Landing….

Sophie-Turner-as-Sansa-Stark-and-Aidan-Gillen-as-Littlefinger-_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

More Sansa and Littlefinger. Still unclear what exactly they’re doing.

Lena-Headey-as-Cersei-Lannister-and-Ian-Beattie-as-Meryn-Trant_-photo-Macall-B.-Polay_HBO-630x446.jpg

Cersei Lannister and Ser Meryn Trant. I wonder why everyone’s lined up alongside them–possibly on the way to Tywin’s funeral?

Lena-Headey-as-Cersei-Lannister-and-Nikolaj-Coster-Waldau-as-Jaime-Lannister_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x441.jpg

Cersei and Jaime–and what appears to be the snake box from the trailer.

Dean-Charles-Chapman-as-Tommen-Baratheon-and-Lena-Headey-as-Cersei-Lannister-_-photo-Macall-B.-Polay_HBO-630x419.jpg

Cersei and Tommen. I assume we’ll be seeing much more of the young king in this season.

Natalie-Dormer-as-Margaery-Tyrell-and-Lena-Headey-as-Cersei-Lannister-_photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

Margaery and her handmaidens meeting with Cersei. They all look happy!

Jonathan-Pryce-as-the-High-Sparrow_-photo-Macall-B.-Polay_HBO-630x419.jpg

Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow. This is an even grittier look than what we’d previously seen of his costume.

But what about the other major new cast members? Read on…

Alexander-Siddig-as-Doran-Martell-_photo-Macall-B.-Polay_HBO-630x946.jpg

Alexander Siddig as Doran Martell. This looks great. I cannot wait.

Indira-Varma-as-Ellaria-Sand-and-Deobia-Opaeri-as-Areo-Hotah_-photo-Macall-B.-Polay_HBO-630x419.jpg

Ellaria Sand (Indira Varma) and Areo Hotah (DeObia Oparei). We’re clearly seeing a lot more of Ellaria this season.

From the southernmost point of the Seven Kingdoms to the northernmost….

Kit-Harington-as-Jon-Snow-Stephen-Dillane-as-Stannis-Baratheon-and-Liam-Cunningham-as-Davos-Seaworth-_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

Very excited to see the collision of the Night’s Watch storyline with Stannis and Davos.

Carice-van-Houten-as-Melisandre_photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

And Melisandre, of course.

Kristofer-Hivju-as-Tormund-Giantsbane_photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

Tormund Giantsbane clearly has more of a role to play, which I’m keen on.

Kit-Harington-as-Jon-Snow-_photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x946.jpg

More Jon Snow.

And finally, in the North below The Wall…

Michael-McElhatton-as-Roose-Bolton-Iwan-Rheon-as-Ramsay-Bolton-and-Elizabeth-Webster-as-Walda-Frey-_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

The Boltons, including Walda Frey, and certainly back. In this case, I’m a little less interested in who than in where–could this be the ruins of Winterfell in the background?

And a few more photos from across the Narrow Sea…

Maisie-Williams-as-Arya-Stark-_-photo-Macall-B.-Polay_HBO-630x419.jpg

Arya Stark in front of the House of Black and White. These doors are showing up a lot in the promotional material–they’re very striking.

Conleth-Hill-as-Varys-and-Peter-Dinklage-as-Tyrion-Lannister-_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x419.jpg

We’ve seen part of this picture before, but this is a much better version of it.

Emilia-Clarke-as-Daenerys-Targaryen_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x451.jpg

A great new Dany photo. I’m not certain it’s better than the fantastic blue cloak one from Season 4, but it’s close.

Nathalie-Emmanuel-as-Missandei-and-Jacob-Anderson-as-Grey-Worm-_-photo-Helen-Sloan_HBO-630x472.jpg

Finally, Missandei, recently promoted to the main cast, and Grey Worm.

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/01/30/game-of-thrones-promo-photos-season-5/

"

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

George R.R. Martin Warns of Upcoming TV Show Deaths

Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin has warned book readers they may not be too happy with some of the deaths coming in Season 5 of the TV adaptation.

16 FEB 2015 BY LUKE KARMALI

Speaking to Showbiz411 at the Writers Guild West Awards this weekend, Martin explained show runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have decided to kill off several characters who (at the time of writing) remain unmaimed in the source material.

“People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy," he said. "Everybody better be on their toes. David and D.B. are even bloodier than I am.”

Martin also suggested the original plan for seven seasons of the popular HBO show may be slightly flexible after all, as he didn't seem to rule out the possibility of it continuing some way into the future.

"Not really certain yet," he said when asked how many seasons we should expect. "This is the fifth season, the sixth season HBO picked up last year. We will have a 7th, 8th or 9th, no one knows. They only renew one or two seasons at a time. After we do season 6, maybe we’ll get a renewal for 7th and 8th. That all depends, Television is a very changeable medium."

Whether some of these deaths hint at what's to come in future books remains to be seen. Unfortunately, seeing as the long awaited sixth book, The Winds of Winter, isn't coming this year, we're going to have to wait quite a while before we get our answers. In the meantime, check out the new trailer for the upcoming fifth season of HBO's Game of Thrones.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...ns-of-upcoming-game-of-thrones-tv-show-deaths

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Am I the only person who is not as hyped for this upcoming season as I was going into last season?

Part of the reason is because the music in the Season 5 trailer is :trash:. All of the music in the 4 trailers going into Season 4 absolutely shyt on it.