OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
By the way, I think all the Starks had perfect endings for their characters. Jon back in the north pretty much where he belongs, he's a hero but he won't be celebrated.

Sansa sitting on the throne as Queen in the north.. she played into that position.

And Arya just traveling the world getting away from it all.. I'm cool with all of that.

The Brann shyt is just dumb and worthless though.

The Dany shyt was cool but again when you do 13 episodes instead of 20 you end up in a place where there is shyt that should have been explained in great detail and it wasn't explained well enough

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
- i did like the first part of the ep. i knew dany was gonns die, but wasnt sure when:ld:

- there was no way the unsullied wouldve just locked snow up:heh:
- they aren’t political and after grey worm lost melisandre :to: and than his queen:wow:, he wouldve had snow crucified early:demonic:

- how tyrion on trial, and flip it to a damn election:mindblown:
- at the end i was expecting grey worm to just cut off his head, and keep it moving.

- and again. How did all those unsullied, northeners, and dothraki survive the nk:dahell:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What a rushed, unfulfilling ending for what was, ironically, one of the most rewarding shows I can remember watching.

Game of Thrones had a shot at being mentioned with the GOATs when it was all said and done. Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos... the fukking GOATs.

It fukked that up with two seasons of rushed plotting and completely inexplicable narrative choices. The show runners thought we’d overlook it for the sake of more fukkery. And I’ll admit, the fukkery has been brilliant.

But they dropped the ball. Still a good show, but it’s crazy how much credibility has been squandered by the shortest of the show’s seasons! Also not sure how that’s up for debate at this point, but I’ll have more thoughts later.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It ended better than the Sopranos and the Wire and Lost and Mad Men and Seinfeld.
tumblr_p9na3ugbP01wu8tuto3_540.gif

full

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I thought the ending was good enough to watch. I don’t want to go through pages of reading, anybody else thing d&d made up an alternative ending? In the books, Bran is Turing into a tree, I mean I can see GRRM making the point with Bran representing knowledge and history ruling in the end, and the iron throne physically being destroyed, but logistically, Bran being king in the end? You know what, even if this is the proper ending, GRRM will make the story so much better, and I can now see why the books are taking so long, he has so much fukking work to do.
I also think the spin offs will not be that successful, because, tmk none of them follow existing characters, but the ending made it seem like they will be, lol, I hope they have confidence in the spinoffs, I love the world building and with this world, it can be as expansive as Star Trek, but with fukk you money behind it from HBO

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This season really made me hate the remaining Starks. Sansa and Arya became insufferable in the end. Man, I was hoping Dany killed Sansa.

It makes no sense that the North get special treatment. That's going to cause all sorts of problems down the line with the other kingdoms. "Why should we bend the knee, when they don't have to?"

The Northerners were some straight up xenophobes/racists too. After all the Unsullied sacrificied to save their asses, they still got treated like shyt. I hated how they did Grey Worm. They took KL - it's theirs. Trying to kick them out was bullshyt. "Go live on this land, far away from us, and be happy."

I had to roll my eyes at Arya threatening to slit Yara's throat too. Her super-assassin shtick was just annoying this season.

I wish the NK had killed everybody in the North.

The Gimp

#orangegang
Daps
Reppin
NULL0
I feel like john low key got the biggest W.
  • Sent to the nights watch .....but said fukk it and dipped past the wall with an army of wildlings :mjlol:
  • Jon's P.O gonna come looking for him at the wall. little do they know he dipped out three weeks ago. and not a fukking person would even be able to find Jon past that wall :russ:
  • With all the clout Jon has with the wildlings he'll probably become the king of all of them :ehh:
  • Probably gonna find himself another wildling wife have a few kids and live happily ever after.
Nah breh he following in Benjin’s footsteps

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jon is the unsung hero of the whole series. He’s the one that put everyone where they needed to be to make sure they all survived. He’s the guy that worked in the background, that never gets the acknowledgement he deserves, even though without him, the company would fold.

That is fukking stupid I’m sorry.

So Rhaegar died for his son to be a glorified office manager?