OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Why wasn't there nearly as much hate for season 7 then? :jbhmm:

Audience score on rottentomatoes for season 7 is 86% but now you got millions signing a petition for a do-over because of a lack of pacing and story telling?
Because people thought it was going to pay off rushing the set up to give more time for the end game. Upon reflection, people would have given the same amount of grief for rushing seasons 5-7 if they knew it wasn't going to pay off with a fleshed out end game

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why wasn't there nearly as much hate for season 7 then? :jbhmm:

Audience score on rottentomatoes for season 7 is 86% but now you got millions signing a petition for a do-over because of a lack of pacing and story telling?
There were tons of complaints about the pace of the show in season 7 as well as some writing complaints, but season 7 was still building on a story that made sense - weren’t no moments like Dany being a mad queen because varys said so, Arya killing the NK in one night of war, Jon not having any impact turning women like Brienne into crying hoes, etc - plus it has the benefit of the doubt of season 8 wrapping everything up, there is nothing after this and they did a piss poor job the past two seasons, this one especially

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Because people thought it was going to pay off rushing the set up to give more time for the end game. Upon reflection, people would have given the same amount of grief for rushing seasons 5-7 if they knew it wasn't going to pay off with a fleshed out end game
There were tons of complaints about the pace of the show in season 7 as well as some writing complaints, but season 7 was still building on a story that made sense - weren’t no moments like Dany being a mad queen because varys said so, Arya killing the NK in one night of war, Jon not having any impact turning women like Brienne into crying hoes, etc - plus it has the benefit of the doubt of season 8 wrapping everything up, there is nothing after this and they did a piss poor job the past two seasons, this one especially
I don't know if I'm not expressing it correctly or if it's just a dumb argument. But my point is that with how shyt season 7 was (which is D&D's fault) and the fact that they only have 6 episodes to wrap it up (again their fault) they are actually doing a decent job. They handicapped themselves so they shouldn't be getting any props but it's still not as horrible as these people out here clutching their pears make it seem.

And season 7 lack of outrage is proof to me that if they didn't make Dany a mad queen, had Arya stab Cersei through the stomach and had Jon and Dany live happily ever after there wouldn't even be an ounce of outrage we're seeing now.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't know if I'm not expressing it correctly or if it's just a dumb argument. But my point is that with how shyt season 7 was (which is D&D's fault) and the fact that they only have 6 episodes to wrap it up (again their fault) they are actually doing a decent job. They handicapped themselves so they shouldn't be getting any props but it's still not as horrible as these people out here clutching their pears make it seem.

And season 7 lack of outrage is proof to me that if they didn't make Dany a mad queen, had Arya stab Cersei through the stomach and had Jon and Dany live happily ever after there wouldn't even be an ounce of outrage we're seeing now.
I’m not sure where you were last season - maybe you’re one who binged to catch up - but I explained it as simple as I could, people were angry at the writing and pace last season, but the story still moved in a direction that made sense, characters still made sense, and there was also the hope of season 8 that all of that which had been developed would come together in a way that made sense.

Now that season 8 is here, 7 looks even worse than it did at the time knowing that back then we were giving them the benefit of the doubt for season 8, and season 8 has been a monstrosity. People are further outaged this year because IT DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS, hbo wanted more episodes and seasons, d&d chose to walk away while giving us absolute shyt storytelling. It has nothing to do with the outcomes they are giving us and everything to do with HOW it has been given to us.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m not sure where you were last season - maybe you’re one who binged to catch up - but I explained it as simple as I could, people were angry at the writing and pace last season, but the story still moved in a directions made sense, characters still made sense, and there was also the hope of season 8 that all of that which had been developed would come together in a way that made sense.

Now that season 8 is here, 7 looks even worse than it did at the tolimd knowing that back the we were giving them the benefit of the doubt for season 8, and season 8 has been a monstrosity. People are further outaged this year because IT DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS, hbo wanted more episodes and seasons, d&d chose to walk away while giving us absolute shyt storytelling. It has nothing to do with the outcomes they are giving us and everything to do with HOW it has been given to us.

EXACTLY

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Still can't believe Tyrion attempted to talk no justsu Cersei :MJlfacepalm:

Writing has gone :trash: and I thought folks were just overreacting, just a rushed mess....and I criticised Sons Of Anarchy season 7 cause some that bullshyt was dragged out way too long :bryan:

Jon Simp is a straight bytch...just wanna see The Hound & Arya fukk shyt up now:francis:

Code

Banned
Daps
Idk why people are using the "the writers want to move on to star wars" excuse, you literally have characters contradicting themselves within the same episode :dead:

Writing this bad shouldn't even be possible

Its as if two people who are not communicating wrote their half of an episode, stapled it together without reading it over and handed it to the actors

Episode 3: 1st half of episode: Arya needs to hide and be extremely quiet to avoid the fodder white walkers
2rd half of episode: Arya can run/fly/teleport past the most powerful white walkers no problem

Episode 4: 1st half of episode: Varys and John remind Dany about greyjoy fleet
2nd half of episode: Dany kind of forgot about the iron fleet

Episode 5: 1st half of episode: Dany is depressed/sad but still herself
2nd half of episode: Dany is the biggest evil in Westeros history

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Idk why people are using the "the writers want to move on to star wars" excuse, you literally have characters contradicting themselves within the same episode :dead:

Writing this bad shouldn't even be possible

Its as if two people who are not communicating wrote their half of an episode, stapled it together without reading it over and handed it to the actors

Benioff and Weiss write each of their episodes together, with one of them writing the first half of the script and the other the second half. After that they begin with passing the drafts back and forth to make notes and rewrite parts of it

:patrice:

Game of Thrones - Wikipedia

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Breh...we got some bad news for you on 1/2 of that pairing...
Just saw it now breh...fukk this season:snoop:

Jmh42eC.gif

Hound was my nikka :mjcry:

Arya is the only one left :francis:

Jamie & Tyrion turned into retards and the rest I don't care about anymore....except GreyWorm...Dragonlady gotta go :demonic:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m rewatching this series again to wash away the stench of season 8 like another poster said.

Holy shyt the writing used to be on such a high level. We didn’t even see any spectacle until episode 9 of the second season. Everything was driven by pitch perfect dialogue.

One thing we can say about D&D, they are great at adapting GRRM’s work.

I’m watching episode 2 of season 2 right now. I’m chuckling at how Loras put the battery in Renley’s back. :dame:

Those two queens really were out there playing war :heh:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I’m not sure where you were last season - maybe you’re one who binged to catch up - but I explained it as simple as I could, people were angry at the writing and pace last season, but the story still moved in a direction that made sense, characters still made sense, and there was also the hope of season 8 that all of that which had been developed would come together in a way that made sense.

Now that season 8 is here, 7 looks even worse than it did at the time knowing that back then we were giving them the benefit of the doubt for season 8, and season 8 has been a monstrosity. People are further outaged this year because IT DID NOT HAVE TO HAPPEN LIKE THIS, hbo wanted more episodes and seasons, d&d chose to walk away while giving us absolute shyt storytelling. It has nothing to do with the outcomes they are giving us and everything to do with HOW it has been given to us.
You don't even have to go that far back, each episode they've aired this season has made the ones that came before it look worse and worse :mjlol:

Wasted 2 episodes building up Winter finally coming just to wrap it up in one episode and cram all the Mad Targaryen fuel into 20 minutes of episode 4 :dead: had Daeny waste her time trying to bargain with Cersei when she sacked the Iron fleet, Golden Company, and Lannister army with 1 dragon, and her armies cut in half :dead: had Daeny sweep them 4-0 with no innocent casualties just to look at the red keep and decide to commit genocide :dead: