OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Feminists are pissed that people are saying Dany would have been cool if she kept getting piped. It's facts though.

And Jon should have stepped up and hit it one more time for Westeros. And miss me with the Aunt angle. The first piece of muff Jon dived into was some stank wildling ass that hasn't seen a proper wash in years. Bruh was fukking under fresh yak furs after walking 50 miles all day long. Dude hasn't had any normal ass to compare anything too so he coulda smashed Auntie one last time, at least she was clean.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Last thing I'm going to say on the Dany thing, feel like we are going in circles with it:

The Mad Queen descent was rushed, but I've seen a lot of people here make fun of the bells and at Daenerys' mind breaking at the point of surrender but imo it made sense and was set up earlier in the episode...
you stole that from Reddit :stopitslime:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
9OozP4B.jpg
:dead: :dead:

fukking drogon:bryan:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Martin shuttin shyt down again. :manny:

"Internet journalism is an oxymoron, I am more and more convinced.

Of late it seems there’s a new story about me somewhere on the net every day, or near enough to make no matter. Many get things wrong. For the most part I ignore them. I have better things to do than try and track down every weird rumor or out-and-out fabrication that pops up on some obscure website trolling for traffic.

Every so often, however, one of these stories gains an improbable currency, and just chuckling at the insanity no longer suffices.

That seems to be happening right now. All of a sudden this crazy story about my finishing THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING years ago is popping up everywhere. No, I am not going to provide links. I don’t want to reward purveyors of misinformation with hits.

I will, however, say for the record — no, THE WINDS OF WINTER and A DREAM OF SPRING are not finished. DREAM is not even begun; I am not going to start writing volume seven until I finish volume six

It seems absurd to me that I need to state this. The world is round, the Earth revolves around the sun, water is wet… do I need to say that too? It boggles me that anyone would believe this story, even for an instant. It makes not a whit of sense. Why would I sit for years on completed novels? Why would my publishers — not just here in the US, but all around the world — ever consent to this? They make millions and millions of dollars every time a new Ice & Fire book comes out, as do I. Delaying makes no sense. Why would HBO want the books delayed? The books help create interest in the show, just as the show creates interest in the books.

So… no, the books are not done. HBO did not ask me to delay them. Nor did David & Dan. There is no “deal” to hold back on the books. I assure you, HBO and David & Dan would both have been thrilled and delighted if THE WINDS OF WINTER had been delivered and published four or five years ago… and NO ONE would have been more delighted than me.

I have said it before: don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Except here, of course."

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Perfect image that summarizes 8 seasons of this show...

iwe8qyqvm0y21.jpg

This is what I've been trying to describe in way too many paragraphs :mjlol:

The end point is fine, but they have speed rushed to the end destroying all of the nuance and stripping away all of the compelling and narratively satisfying character development that made those early big moments so good. You gotta connect the dots, or in this instance, go through the maze to make it feel earned and not like cheating.

Last edited:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Remember when all these other sets were using their moral high grounds and looking down at StannisSet at our lowest:mjgrin: TargSet is out chea burning their future subjects and crushing their own buildings and StarkSet is killing and raping everythang moving. Remember there one life one love so there can only be one rightful king :ufdup:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

ALSO....

THESE IDIOTS SHOULD HAVE HAD JAMIE DIE IN THE NK WAR...

IT WOULD HAVE IMPROVED THE EPISODE
AND SHOWN ANYBODY CAN GET IT...

THEN THEY COULD HAVE HAD VARYS BE THE MAIN CHARACTER WHO GOT KILLED IN THE CRYPT.

:snoop:INSTEAD THEY LET BOTH LIVE
ONLY TO TURN AROUND
AND MAKE BOTH CHARACTERS IDIOTS WHO CAUSED THEIR OWN DEATHS.
:devil:
:evil:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Like I said earlier, very surprised the casual critic feels comfortable openly hating this season.

Usually with something this popular, you see them scared to say anything bad

D6ee4WSUUAAzVqQ
That's expected. When a show is critically acclaimed, most critics are weary of giving bad reviews cause it might hurt their rep. If you give a bad review when nobody else did then it looks like you don't "get it". Nobody likes to feel left out.

That's why the scores gradually went down. Cause as more critics started joining in on the hate, all of the rest felt safe to do the same. Nobody thinks for themselves anymore, they just follow the rest. If this episode was episode 1, it prolly woulda gotten a 95%. That's why I don't put much stock in these scores. None of them dudes are any better than us. This last episode was terrible and it deserves all the criticism it's getting. But a lot of people are simply hating because it's the "cool" thing to do now. It's group think at its finest. Most of our society would rather just conform than face any type of conflict.