Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I been playing Ultra hardbody lately but I go through stages where I get burned out on shyt when I play it too much so now I been trying to get into games I never really gave a real chance so lately I been playing Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus and Garou Mark of the Wolves and Darkstalkers HD. I wish I had someone to play against in these games but if it aint Street fighter or Tekken yall want nothing to do it with it:yeshrug:

Yall need to diversify your fighting games brehs!!!!

the only fighting game i'm playing right now is marvel....and i feel like that's all i need :blessed:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I been playing Ultra hardbody lately but I go through stages where I get burned out on shyt when I play it too much so now I been trying to get into games I never really gave a real chance so lately I been playing Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus and Garou Mark of the Wolves and Darkstalkers HD. I wish I had someone to play against in these games but if it aint Street fighter or Tekken yall want nothing to do it with it:yeshrug:

GGPO

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

was JUST playing 3rd strike damn near all day yesterday on GGPO cuz im tryna get my Makoto skills back up :blessed: might download Guilty Gear cuz i've never played that shyt

llt23

All Star
Daps
Been playing Makoto last week or so on Ultra. Tryna move on from Ibuki, I find delayed wakeup to be somewhat of a problem, and I dunno if I wanna be a vortex character anymore. I got my Ibuki around 4000BP got real used to her but Im over it. I used to play Akuma in vanilla and super but yeah I dunno too many people use him. Makoto got high damage, deep mixup game, and really good fun to use normals. Its a struggle though right now I take mad L's online. Been messing with endless battle playing sets with some good players getting that experience.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Been playing Makoto last week or so on Ultra. Tryna move on from Ibuki, I find delayed wakeup to be somewhat of a problem, and I dunno if I wanna be a vortex character anymore. I got my Ibuki around 4000BP got real used to her but Im over it. I used to play Akuma in vanilla and super but yeah I dunno too many people use him. Makoto got high damage, deep mixup game, and really good fun to use normals. Its a struggle though right now I take mad L's online. Been messing with endless battle playing sets with some good players getting that experience.
once you get that Karakusa game down :banderas:you can get stupid damage in the corners

llt23

All Star
Daps
Yeah man I mean i got a decent understanding of Makoto. Just the advanced stuff is tricky.

i got a sneaky karakusa setup two blocked S.MP's hayate cancel karakusa. Also got a gimmicky one jump in L.k or L.p and even on hit it does little stun so straight into karakusa. Also kinda g with just dashing up to them and grabbing. Its really fast gives you little time to react unless you know its coming.

I got trouble though with the kara karakusa. Cant figure out how to do those consistently. I feel like that would take me to another level if I knew how to do those.

And I love the corner setups. The combos are pretty easy and fun. Even just the anti airs in general are fun with the Up Punch. Reset with jumping fierce, or reset with f.LK, or just combo with another up punch and a ex hayate. Also just jumping after up punch into axe kick. shyt is so satisfying.

The makoto teleport shyt in the corner is fun too. Focus crumple, up punch, j. fierce, c. HK. its a tricky set up.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah man I mean i got a decent understanding of Makoto. Just the advanced stuff is tricky.

i got a sneaky karakusa setup two blocked S.MP's hayate cancel karakusa. Also got a gimmicky one jump in L.k or L.p and even on hit it does little stun so straight into karakusa. Also kinda g with just dashing up to them and grabbing. Its really fast gives you little time to react unless you know its coming.

I got trouble though with the kara karakusa. Cant figure out how to do those consistently. I feel like that would take me to another level if I knew how to do those.

And I love the corner setups. The combos are pretty easy and fun. Even just the anti airs in general are fun with the Up Punch. Reset with jumping fierce, or reset with f.LK, or just combo with another up punch and a ex hayate. Also just jumping after up punch into axe kick. shyt is so satisfying.

The makoto teleport shyt in the corner is fun too. Focus crumple, up punch, j. fierce, c. HK. its a tricky set up.
i hate up punch tho :why: dont ask me why tho

i agree about kara karakusa, i gave up on using that shyt :smhcraig:

and i stay killin my meter cuz the second i get that shyt im doing all the cheap stuff :dead: lp/lk cancel into ex hayate or ex chop back to back after the lk or lp into karakusa

llt23

All Star
Daps
Up punch at first was a struggle to connect with, but its vital to Mak IMO. You cant cross up Makoto you gotta respect the up punch. I use S.MP for anti air as well (beats divekicks), and C.MK for those far ranged jump ins, and C.HK as a zangief, t hawk buster. But Up Punch is legit. Beats Bisons headstomp too.

And fukk it, use the meter. One ex hayate and your opponent is practically already in the corner. EX karate Chop is legit too when dudes are getting annoying with those blockstrings or you need a knockdown. And EX karakusa is especially legit cause it absorbs a hit. Even scrubs with their wake up DP's just go through you.

Also after a hayate the mix up game is crazy. Usually after first one I go for Cr.Lk into hayate. But next time your opponent may either jump or block or reversal so you can try dash up karakusa, or jumping fierce, or backdash for a whiff. Its a guessing game pretty much after hayate so you really gotta get into your opponents head

Last edited:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Up punch at first was a struggle to connect with, but its vital to Mak IMO. You cant cross up Makoto you gotta respect the up punch. I use S.MP for anti air as well (beats divekicks), and C.MK for those far ranged jump ins, and C.HK as a zangief, t hawk buster. But Up Punch is legit. Beats Bisons headstomp too.

And fukk it, use the meter. One ex hayate and your opponent is practically already in the corner. EX karate Chop is legit too when dudes are getting annoying with those blockstrings or you need a knockdown. And EX karakusa is especially legit cause it absorbs a hit. Even scrubs with their wake up DP's just go through you.
i just have a slower reaction with up punch whereas i can pull the other anti airs off without thinking :manny:

and yea i be throwin nikkas the fukk off with ex chop :ohlawd:
also with ex axe kick when you use it low enough that it catches em while they're crouching :banderas:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Yeah the instant air axe kick is tough too. They say the short cut is half circle back up forward but its mad hard to pull off. I just jump and do it as fast as i can.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

Breh, I literally want to play anything but those games right now.

I don't have those games you mentioned :patrice: but anything other than SF4 I'm all for