Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I mean youre right, but this is a invitational for some bored saudi princes, You already have to have some clout to and favortism to even get in for one.

Still, even if they only ever hold one of these ever whoever wins get life changing bread :picard:

eh, Evo isn't bankrolled by the Saudi Investment Bank. The Saudis could probably find 2 million in the corner of their couches or in the washing machine.

I get what you brehs are saying but that’s absolving EVO of why they can’t pay more. They have a billion dollar company in Sony, Twitch & YouTube favorable adrates and sponsors.

Looking at the logistics EVO just fukkin blows money.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I get what you brehs are saying but that’s absolving EVO of why they can’t pay more. They have a billion dollar company in Sony, Twitch & YouTube favorable adrates and sponsors.

Looking at the logistics EVO just fukkin blows money.

Evo definitely could probs pay more but we don't know what their finances are

Evo is a way bigger operation than this.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
GMIU0ak.gif

Shoutouts to Punk for hitting 100k. Time to double down for 2nd place.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Evo definitely could probs pay more but we don't know what their finances are

Evo is a way bigger operation than this.

Regardless of what their costs are the pots are covered by the entries and a 10$ entry fee is too low.

Plus if 25K pot minimums for 8 other games is too much for them then they have serious problems monetizing EVO because there’s no way that isn’t at least a $1M operation.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Regardless of what their costs are the pots are covered by the entries and a 10$ entry fee is too low.

Plus if 25K pot minimums for 8 other games is too much for them then they have serious problems monetizing EVO because there’s no way that isn’t at least a $1M operation.

That shyt is a con as much as a tourney and has largely been about having a evo title as name recognition than an actually money grab.

I don't know their finances, as a spectacle it does what they want it to.

I've been twice, have no compulsion to return unless I somehow get good enough to make money on this. Its a woat tier actual tourney for palying games.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
God damn Kakeru is probably the best JP and doesn’t flowchart him either. Is Angrybird just that good or is JP missing something in his toolkit.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
God damn Kakeru is probably the best JP and doesn’t flowchart him either. Is Angrybird just that good or is JP missing something in his toolkit.

Ken is emphatically better than everyone else, period :yeshrug:

As a JP player I hate the Ken matchup because you cant zone that nikka and soon as he gets mid screen you can't do anything really.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Ken is emphatically better than everyone else, period :yeshrug:

As a JP player I hate the Ken matchup because you cant zone that nikka and soon as he gets mid screen you can't do anything really.

Yea it really feels like sometimes SF6 Ken still thinks hes Season 2 SFV Ken.