Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't know if Ryan's team is the most optimized in the game but it's definitely worth the discussion

The part where nikkas get finessed is seeing Phoenix and assuming it's a Phoenix team but it's really a Morrigan team
Yeah it's basically Chun Li keep away to build meter with her triple jumps > Morrigan to spend the meter but also build the meter > Phoenix back-up plan.

It's basically a lot of meter gain, chip damage and meter spending.

Then because all three characters have it in their arsenal: if anyone lands a hit it's a TAC infinite.

Just such an enormous amount of pressure for free the entire match.

It also helps he's highly regarded as the best Phoenix, best Chun Li and best Morrigan player in the game. So you're basically playing against somebody who plays the best two of the best three characters in the game. It's honestly inspiring watching dude play because how easy he makes it look beating some of the best players.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it's basically Chun Li keep away to build meter with her triple jumps > Morrigan to spend the meter but also build the meter > Phoenix back-up plan.

It's basically a lot of meter gain, chip damage and meter spending.

Then because all three characters have it in their arsenal: if anyone lands a hit it's a TAC infinite.

Just such an enormous amount of pressure for free the entire match.

It also helps he's highly regarded as the best Phoenix, best Chun Li and best Morrigan player in the game. So you're basically playing against somebody who plays the best two of the best three characters in the game. It's honestly inspiring watching dude play because how easy he makes it look beating some of the best players.
What's scary about Chun and the meter gain is how slippery she is and how fast the bar builds

I seen this nikka have 4 bars by 89 seconds:wow::francis:

So he has no problem using supers to kill because he'll have them bars right back within 10 game secs :francis:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
its crazy how much marvel 3 is getting considering when it came out brehs was shytting on it
Marvel 3 has always gotten love though during its prime years they hype was always there as well. Of course you had quite a few marvel 2 vets hating on it cause it ain't Marvel 2.5 but it is what it is.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
What's scary about Chun and the meter gain is how slippery she is and how fast the bar builds

I seen this nikka have 4 bars by 89 seconds:wow::francis:

So he has no problem using supers to kill because he'll have them bars right back within 10 game secs :francis:
Yeah, it's basically 3 insane keep away characters with infinites that build meter fast while doing damage :mjlol:

Good exchange about it here, that I think echoes what many comments on youtube/social media say about it having to go up against it over the years:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
On top of being wrong you can't even be taken seriously saying something like Kane got lucky for winning EVO:mjlol:

FChamp shut down his shenanigans almost solely by pushing him back and beams with Magneto. Scraped him. If RayRay had seen this, thought of it, or someone told him, he should have won no problem, as his Mag is easily better. A lot of peple fell for foolery on the way to his win.

Out of them teams you named you couldn't name 5 Morridooms off the top of your head. Phoenix players are rare and get washed all the time. Zero May Cry is rare too. You just naming shyt you think you can get away with thinking nikkas don't know any better:mjlol:

If you wanted to make a real case you would've mentioned the frequency of Magneto's, Nova's, and Spencers because those shells are PROMINENT in the current meta. You'll see 10 Nova's before you ever see a Phoenix:mjlol:

Forgot Nova. Another boring character you'll see doing the exact same shyt ad nauseum. Okay. Still the same boring, repetitive matches. If there are more Magnetos, that's probably a good thing.

And keep in mind you're using your argument to shyt on UMVC3 in favor of MVC2, a game that has literally 6-7 playable characters out of 56. Some shyt that is confirmable by 20 years of tournament results:mjlol: There are more playable characters tha that, the Big 4 are the S tier, it is what it is. Technically, Spiral is the best character in the game, but the execution and decision making demands are so high only a select few try.

Not to mention MVC2 got broken shyt like guard break, which no nikka with a rational mind can ever defend or support
Talk shyt about Guard Break (which can be countered in most cases, or at least contested to a 50/50)

to defend a game with inescapable infinites with no prevention systems, brehs.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Breh said the same teams are used in umvc but then hyping up mvc2 is cognitive dissonance at its highest level :dead:

Is this satire?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
And yet for the last year the meta has been dominated by various nova/spencer shells. Game is still evolving

Just say you dont watch and keep it moving :hubie:
I haven't been watching hardcore the past couple years save a Top 8 when I catch it, and that's what I saw, but if you say so

MvC2 is the better game, but 3 has the juice now. Both can be true. Why are you acting so hurt? I'm sorry if my opinion affected you:therethere:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I haven't been watching hardcore the past couple years save a Top 8 when I catch it, and that's what I saw, but if you say so

MvC2 is the better game, but 3 has the juice now. Both can be true. Why are you acting so hurt? I'm sorry if my opinion affected you:therethere:

No ones acting hurt youre blatantly wrong. Thats a pretty good deflection though, expected:skip:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No ones acting hurt youre blatantly wrong. Thats a pretty good deflection though, expected:skip:
Okay, then:

Evo Top 8 contains 2 of the 3 shells I mentioned. 100 USD and a month Arcadium ban. WHAT'S UP?:manny:

@O.Red You can get in on this too since I have no idea what I'm talking about. I put my money where my mouth is:unimpressed:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
@Aveda What happened? Where you at? You talked a lot of shyt, but after I suggest some investments:troll:, and a tiny one at that, nowhere to be found :lupe:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Okay, then:

Evo Top 8 contains 2 of the 3 shells I mentioned. 100 USD and a month Arcadium ban. WHAT'S UP?:manny:

@O.Red You can get in on this too since I have no idea what I'm talking about. I put my money where my mouth is:unimpressed:

I dont do stupid bets so no.

Hey guys I bet people will play top tier shells at the biggest tourney of the year. Gotcha :mjlit:

You trying too hard.

You want to play mvc2 so badly its right there. But Im sure you was ass at that shyt so you just cheerleading :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Anybody play the new MvC3 with all the mods? I'm so behind on this, but if they can get Spiral from MvC2 in this :wow:

Spiral/Morrigan/Phoenix would be the ultimate maximum-annoying, chip damage, keepaway team of all-time.

Community really expanded this game (it ain't simply only skins on top of current models to my knowledge) :banderas:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dont do stupid bets so no.

Hey guys I bet people will play top tier shells at the biggest tourney of the year. Gotcha :mjlit:

You trying too hard.

You want to play mvc2 so badly its right there. But Im sure you was ass at that shyt so you just cheerleading :mjlol:
Be a shook fakkit that can't lose 100 dollars and a month on the forum, brehs. nikka, you'se a bytch *Geechi Gotti voice*:mjlol: