Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes.

I could care less dude is a treh his whole playstyle always been wack to me. a fukking cross dresser who plays with yoyos.

daisuke was definitely on LSD when he made XX
You actually stumbled on a hilarious point

A large part of the reason Japanese art is so weird is because for a long time mushrooms were legal in Japan

Once I found that out Guilty Gear designs instantly made so much sense to me :mjlol:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You actually stumbled on a hilarious point

A large part of the reason Japanese art is so weird is because for a long time mushrooms were legal in Japan

Once I found that out Guilty Gear designs instantly made so much sense to me :mjlol:

Ironically Bridget actually looks like one of the more interesting characters in this wack ass game.

I'mma end up playing this dude :snoop:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You can’t tell me Capcom vs SNK isn’t in early talks. They dropping to many characters that parallel each other

Isla-Kimberly
Kula-Kolin
Luong-Juri
Dolores-Rose

This has always been the case. Since Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting has been a thing.

Balrog - Axel
Zangief - Big Bear/Raiden
Chun-Li - Mai
Vega - Laurence Blood

on and on.
Both characters look great. Juri with no divekick felt neutered as hell. Happy its back. While Kim looks nuts her move set is literally Guy's not even Zeku's. I'm really happy about that.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This has always been the case. Since Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting has been a thing.

Balrog - Axel
Chun-Li - Mai
Vega - Laurence Blood

on and on.
Both characters look great. Juri with no divekick felt neutered as hell. Happy its back. While Kim looks nuts her move set is literally Guy's not even Zeku's. I'm really happy about that.

Yeah, SNK/Capcom are the Marvel/DC of the FGC. Always has been.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, SNK/Capcom are the Marvel/DC of the FGC. Always has been.

fatal-fury.gif

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can’t tell me Capcom vs SNK isn’t in early talks. They dropping to many characters that parallel each other

Isla-Kimberly
Kula-Kolin
Luong-Juri
Dolores-Rose
That ain't the case. The real truth is Capcom been biting SNK since the 90s. There could be a whole thread on everything Capcom has taken from SNK.

Using the characters you named as an example, Juri is based on May Lee from KOF

02UM_May_Lee_0.gif

SF5 is riddled with examples. Nash having Genocide Cutter, Gief super being modeled after Shermie's, Guile and Lucia having K' fireball, it goes on and on

Also, and this happens in all media, ideas form at similar times around similar trends. Isla for example is just an inspiration from current fashion in Asian countries. Kimberly likely had the same design DNA

parallax

Superstar
Daps
That ain't the case. The real truth is Capcom been biting SNK since the 90s. There could be a whole thread on everything Capcom has taken from SNK.

Using the characters you named as an example, Juri is based on May Lee from KOF

02UM_May_Lee_0.gif

SF5 is riddled with examples. Nash having Genocide Cutter, Gief super being modeled after Shermie's, Guile and Lucia having K' fireball, it goes on and on

Also, and this happens in all media, ideas form at similar times around similar trends. Isla for example is just an inspiration from current fashion in Asian countries. Kimberly likely had the same design DNA
they bite each other. the 4 emperors each have an analog in fatal fury special. yuri constantly picking up moves from various street fighters

like mentioned, they are the marvel/dc of the fighting game world. none of it is taken seriously

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
they bite each other. the 4 emperors each have an analog in fatal fury special. yuri constantly picking up moves from various street fighters

like mentioned, they are the marvel/dc of the fighting game world. none of it is taken seriously

Yeah, to some extent, even Tekken gets in on it with SF. In fact, Ono and Haruda were borrowing ideas from each other. That's how they both got middle eastern characters in Rashid & Shaheen.

Last edited:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Balrog - Axel
Chun-Li - Mai
Vega - Laurence Blood

on and on.

Dan = Ryo and Robert :troll: