DM[V]
680n4i7xyxe81.jpg

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This show is starting to become more style than substance. I watched most of this episode like :unimpressed:

yup.

Done slid into mid tier budget indie movie territory mixed with a student film.

Nate’s dad’s “speech” was the highlight tonight while the rest of the show (like many episodes) rode the soundtrack into oblivion.

Rue might be the star of the show but her storyline is tired already. She’s doing all the drugs in town to a point where her vibe is normalized to everyone. How is her mom not beating her ass on sight when she comes home looking like shyt and zooted off everything in that suitcase?

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
At this point all I'm just waiting for is the eventual Maddy v Cassie shyt to go down
Maddy looks like she will crumble though
Cassie hitting rock bottom hard this season. For what its worth Mckay never had her ass looking this bad

Rue has the WOAT home life structure
If this was a real black household Rue ass would stay getting whooped and her mom and sister would know instinctively that she was not sober

Hell her general demeanor has changed sooo much from last season I'm surprised only Ali can see it

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
yup.

Done slid into mid tier budget indie movie territory mixed with a student film.

Nate’s dad’s “speech” was the highlight tonight while the rest of the show (like many episodes) rode the soundtrack into oblivion.

Rue might be the star of the show but her storyline is tired already. She’s doing all the drugs in town to a point where here vibe is normalized to everyone. How is her mom not beating her ass on sight when she comes home looking like shyt and zooted off everything in that suitcase?

Bro it’s legit ridiculous.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
This show is starting to become more style than substance. I watched most of this episode like :unimpressed:

Literally thought the same thing verbatim as I watched tonight’s episode.

I’m tryna rationalize this episode but can’t get past the fact that it’s “cool” without much meaning

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Elliot is an alternate personality of Rue who always knows what to say, what to do, and has nothing to lose or gain.

He, conveniently, is always there with Rue doing drugs but he’s also, conveniently, unaffected by them. He’s a drug user, he does the same drugs as Rue, but they don’t control him.

Rue is dealing with her dependency on drugs and on Jules. Elliot is the manifestation of a compromise where she can comfortably have both.

However, Rue is an unreliable narrator, and given we are most likely seeing the events of the show through her depiction, Elliot’s screen time will look far different once reality hits. The opening scene of Rue dancing in the kitchen and being caught high by Gia was the foreshadowing of this. It will be a mix of Fight Club and the quaalude scene from Wolf of Wall Street.

If you rewatch the eps so far, only Jules and Rue interact with Elliot, unless he’s doing some Aladdin sht. Rue found him doing drugs alone at a party. Jules didn’t acknowledge him. The audience has been “gaslit” like Gia did. Elliot is a lie to make Rue’s behavior excusable.

What they’ll continue to do is show a very literal representation of how drugs can make you two different people.

Aite if this is the case then…:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Shows jumped the shark with the pretentiousness. Why is faith evans an montell Jordan playing at this party :russ: maybe a white mom that grew up in a all black environment would be bumping that shyt but :stopitslime: feels like they just wanna show off their camera skills this season

That damn Montel Jordan song plays everywhere to this day.. it's the go-to "safe" party song for cacs. Their Mom absolutely would be playing that sh-t..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Season been entertaining but none of the threads are really hittin yet.. there needs to be some major developments to move the sh-t forward.

-Rue been gettn high all season.
-BBW wants to get rid of Ethan all season.
-Nate/Cassie/Maddy been doin the argue/love triangle all season

Cal has probably had the best development of any character :russ: he just said imma faq and that's that.. im outta here :mjlol: