KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Is it just me or is this another Pocahontas/Avatar clone.

Attractive broad is a member of a subjugated race/species. Caclet is a member of the version of the military of the conquering race/species. Caclet ends up around the broad. Sparks fly and now he's simping by betraying his folks.

Before one of you goofies come in here. I have never read or cared to read the Dune books. I don't care how deep and interesting you think this shyt is. The main conflict/story arc being highlighted in this movie is basically Pocahontas.

To be honest, when I saw Avatar I DID think it was kind of like a super dumbed-down version of Dune. The similarities are obvious.

Attractive broad is a member of a subjugated race/species.
Sure
Caclet is a member of the version of the military of the conquering race/species.
:ehh:...kind of? Not really, but close enough I guess. Its much more "Game of Thrones"-ish than that.
Caclet ends up around the broad. Sparks fly
Eventually...but a WHOLE LOT happens first. So this isn't the catalyst for anything.

now he's simping by betraying his folks.
:ufdup:
Could not possibly be further from the truth, though.
Also, by the end of the first book the main character is kind of like Anakin Skywalker meets Doctor Strange meets.....Osama Bin Laden.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This might bomb at the theater....but I'm still going to see it
It'll definitely bomb but it will likely be better than Black Widow or any other action movie for the past few years TBH

Definitely better than garbage ass Star Wars
Can't wait :wow:

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:ehh:...kind of? Not really, but close enough I guess. Its much more "Game of Thrones"-ish than that.

You know, I never really thought about it until I wrote this post, but Dune in a lot of ways is actually a lot like Game of Thrones. House Atreides is like House Stark of the Dune world, House Harkonnen is kind of like House Lannister, Paul starts out as a combination of Bran and Jon Snow (he IS a b*stard) that morphs into Daenerys after surviving a sort of Red Wedding, then he powers up and rides on massive creatures leading an army of warrior natives to cause massive death and destruction while capturing the "Throne" from the people who betrayed his House. There's a witch that believes in a prophecy about a "Lord" destined to rule the world and cause massive civilian casualties, etc.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
there's a tv series coming out based on this too
HBO is going all out
I just finished the book. I don't know how a movie can capture what was in that. It's almost 900 pages. I'm 100% watching this as soon as it comes out and I'll wait to fully judge but this would have been better served as a series.