Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Onslaught was a dope story line but we kinda already seen that with Infinity War.

Thats a good point,I guess we did already see the entire universe come together to defeat the threat. You could always up the stakes with more death. I just loved the buildup to onslaught personally. But that might be too boring for movies

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think they should do a semi-annual steeaming series to flesh out all the characters properly and every season's climax is a feature length movie.
Make use of all your mediums to do the story justice. And we got better directors on staff already. Let Coogler, Zao, Waititi and Costa cook on the director side. No new friends. :mjgrin:

TV? Xmen too big for TV:martin:

They just need to work around the clock and give us movies and spinoffs every 6 months. Take the time they need to write these scripts and connect everything. Then start filming and dont stop filming. Every major x man is good for at least two solo films.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Most of the MCU slate is filled with mid Marvel movies :ld:

Russos were like Jordan in the 90s carrying it around a bunch of meh Spiderman movies, Ant Man, Captain Marvels and Black Widow.

Scattered with a few great films from Coogler, Taika and Gunn.

To be clear I think with Shang Chi, Eternals...*skeptical of SM3*...Doctor Strange, Thor 4, BPWF, GOTG3....they are set up to give us peak stuff. :hubie:
Should be a great run of movies.

You need to stop underselling Feige :mjlit:

He's the producer Zack needs :mjgrin:
Will Zack listen to Feige tho? He was handing in 4 hour movies and expecting a release date. :mjlol:
Marvel susses personality as well as talent. They look at blockbuster film making as a collaboration not one person's singular vision. Zack's constant need for Director's Cuts and his recent comments airing WB dirty laundry after the fact would give any studio pause. :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
TV? Xmen too big for TV:martin:

They just need to work around the clock and give us movies and spinoffs every 6 months. Take the time they need to write these scripts and connect everything. Then start filming and dont stop filming. Every major x man is good for at least two solo films.
That's old paradigm thinking. TV/streaming is where the compelling drama is now. The time alloted just allows for much more character development. I want that for mutant characters.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He can't seem to make a feature length movie. :snoop:

Yeah, he needs to break his movies up in 2.

Directors Cut of Watchmen is fukkin flames.

BvS MUCH better than the theatrical.

Can't really say the Snyder Justice League since we never got the original, but that's not even the same movie as the theatrical. They need to burn that Theatrical version. :scust:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Thats a good point,I guess we did already see the entire universe come together to defeat the threat. You could always up the stakes with more death. I just loved the buildup to onslaught personally. But that might be too boring for movies

AGE OF APOCALYPSE

If they could ever pull this off on screen.....

eddie-long-crying.gif

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Will Zack listen to Feige tho? He was handing in 4 hour movies and expecting a release date. :mjlol:
Marvel susses personality as well as talent. They look at blockbuster film making as a collaboration not one person's singular vision. Zack's constant need for Director's Cuts and his recent comments airing WB dirty laundry after the fact would give any studio pause. :francis:

WB execs WERE fukkbois so :yeshrug:

The audience reception validated him and the fact Zach was right. :yeshrug:

Give Zach 2 movies to flesh his shyt out or even go the D+ route for some shyt. It can work.

He'd beast with the X-Men. Their tone should be a little more serious than the current formula and Zach could pull it off. His input on the way you show their powers on screen ...man Zach would beast.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's old paradigm thinking. TV/streaming is where the compelling drama is now. The time alloted just allows for much more character development. I want that for mutant characters.

If we are talking about side characters I dont mind it. But i dont think the main eventers should be exposed to t.v:mjpls:. If you want to flesh out the big names,give them their own franchise or simply center a movie around them. That just takes good writing to give everyone time to shine,or having one of the movies center around them a little more. We just werent used to that at Fox with the Wolverine ft X-Men franchise.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Give Zach 2 movies to flesh his shyt out or even go the D+ route for some shyt. It can work.

He'd beast with the X-Men. Their tone should be a little more serious than the current formula and Zach could pull it off. His input on the way you show their powers on screen ...man Zach would beast.
I wouldn't be excited about it but I would also not be against him directing some streaming episodes. Long form stories seem to be his strong suit and I'm sure it would look intereating/cool. Make him collab with a good writer to.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Zach will give us a depressing tone. The man has shown a failure to cast well,Direct actors well. Hasnt shown he can write scripts that make characters likeable or relateable consistently. James Gunn was able to do that in less than 4 hours,with characters most people never heard of(TheSuicideSquad). But Zach couldnt do it with Superman,Batman,Flash. And im not giving him credit for Wonder Woman after how he buried her in Justice League to Superman:scust:

I dont mind Disneys current tone for Xmen overall. When it comes to Wolverine he just needs to be a whole seperate entity. Only franchise i would consider letting Zach touch on the strength of Watchmen. And on the strength that he really cant do any worst than the last wolverine trilogy.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Zach will give us a depressing tone. The man has shown a failure to cast well,Direct actors well. Hasnt shown he can write scripts that make characters likeable or relateable consistently.

Don't agree. Snyder JL was flames. :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
If we are talking about side characters I dont mind it. But i dont think the main eventers should be exposed to t.v:mjpls:. If you want to flesh out the big names,give them their own franchise or simply center a movie around them. That just takes good writing to give everyone time to shine,or having one of the movies center around them a little more. We just werent used to that at Fox with the Wolverine ft X-Men franchise.
Xmen is a family unit with a lot of different personalities they aren't just battling badguys and humans. A tv format with a good budget would benefit them greatly. They can appear in films too but that needs to be AFTER they're fleshed out. Can keep it simple and just to the core First class.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't agree. Snyder JL was flames. :yeshrug:

Do you think maybe you got caught up in the hype? Hard to fairly judge that movie after the theatric release was so trash. Seems like its getting extra credit for not being as bad as the theatric release,when thats not how it works. Would you have loved that 4 hour movie if that was the version released originally?4 hours a movie should be an absolute masterpiece

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xmen is a family unit with a lot of different personalities they aren't just battling badguys and humans. A tv format with a good budget would benefit them greatly. They can appear in films too but that needs to be AFTER they're fleshed out. Can keep it simple and just to the core First class.

So you want xmen to appear in t.v BEFORE appearing on the big screen?do you think MCU so far has failed to do ,what you are implying they cant just do in the movies? Take all of the marvel shows that are streaming. Before those existed,i think you got to see the different personalities,and get the family feel. Do you realize how many movies they are going to make within this franchise lol?save some for the big screen:pachaha:. No need to start streaming until you are winding down,and characters times are coming to an end:whoa: