Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
alot of costume iconography overlaps in superhero comics, so they gotta plan distinctions ahead of time esp. for a fixed cinematic continuity with thousands of moving parts. The nature of the MCU doesn't lend itself to hard or soft reboots as much as say, James Bond, where it's one main character they have to get right and the others can afford liberties like Moneypenny, M, etc.

For example,

Characters like Frank Castle/Punisher, Crossbones, Ghost Rider, and Taskmaster all have iconography in common,

250px-PUNMAX031COV_colREV.jpg
d2bc60a91c17dd12b02373b04351d5d7.jpg
396143353b68aa3b4ff8033f839c45ae.jpg
char_27525.jpg

Characters like Dr. Doom, and Ronan the Accuser, have visual similarity/iconography in common

RonantheAccuser.jpg
drdoom.jpg

So in translation to cinema there needs to be trade offs. Otherwise you have moviegoers linking characters that have no affiliation, and that becomes a communication failure which is an L in Movies. Whereas in comicbook storytelling you can afford/ get away with that overlap cause we normally have tunnel vision and we have enough respect for the genre not to link characters based on colors or outfit similarities alone.

I think in the near future. they'll do that in the MCU with Mephisto/ Dormammu/ Surtur as well. They either give characters very stark distinctions (which they establish in the comics 2 years ahead of time with reboots), or they'll merge the two characters into one. I think that's why Ronan's character looked the way he looked in Guardians, cause in the event they get Fantastic four back, Doom gets priority on an all green outfit :hula:over ronan.
They also changed dormammu's look cause of surtur as well, not just ghost rider

the faltine flames might light up his dome when he travels to earth/ assumes a corporeal form, other than that the purple is respectful enough given his color pallete in the comics

1080065-796926_take_my_hand_super.jpg

latest

Dormammu.jpg

Dorammau.png

8oKTd0u.jpg

3kIBxWP.jpg

YZRuTZ4.jpg

:youngsabo:.

DormammuInline2.jpg

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Watched this again. Enjoyed it more the second time and really realized:

The Ancient One is a real hypocrite and Kaecilius and Mordo are right. The bill for their time fukkery at the end of the movie will come due. Isn't Darmammu going to be all obsessed with Dr. Strange now and want his revenge?

My only complaint is the timeline. It is all fukked up. It seems like he looked for a cure for his hands medically for years and then was at Karmar-Taj for at least a year to. That puts this story like a year or two or three ahead of Civil War.