Benedict Cumberbatch - Doctor Strange
Tilda Swinton - Ancient One
Chiwetel Ejiofor - Baron Mordo
Benedict Wong - Wong
Rachael McAdams - Night Nurse
Michael Stuhlbarg - Nicodemus West
Mads Mikkelsen - Kaecilius

Synopsis
Doctor Strange follows the story of neurosurgeon Doctor Stephen Strange who, after a horrific
car accident, discovers the hidden world of magic and alternate dimensions

tumblr_oatqk57FKn1u2rdzlo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
DOCTOR STRANGE May Be Marvel's "Very Dark" FANTASIA Says DOP; Vague Concept Art Details

Including a vague description of concept art with Benedict Cumberbatch as the Sorcerer Supreme, hit the jump to find out who will be the director of photography on Marvel Studios' Doctor Strangeadaptation and why he thinks it won't be your typical Marvel movie.

While production is gearing up for a November start date in the United Kingdom, some new and very intriguing details about the long-awaited Doctor Strange movie have surfaced online over the past week or so. In addition to descriptions of the first conceptual art showcased at a Disney press conference in Africa, cinematographer Ben Davis (Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron) has confirmed that he will be the Director of Photography on the "Phase Three" Marvel adaptation.

97Gqz1R.png

During an interview with Screen Daily, Ben Davis said that Doctor Strange "has a very psychedelic grounding" and that it's "not your typical Marvel action movie." He then revealed his initial reaction to the project and compared it to an original Disney animated classic. "Most of the work within it is about other dimensions," he explained. "And I described it, I think, when I was talking to Marvel as Marvel’s Fantasia, in a way, because it’s so sort of out there and different to everything else that they’ve done." Ben Davis continued talking up how Doctor Strange will be visually unique for the MCU and perhaps the superhero movie genre in general. "There’s a lot of previsualisation, and there’s a lot of work which is very hard," he continued. "You look at it and you see the imagery that they’ve created for it and you think, ‘well how the hell do we shoot that!?’ because it’s all sort of Escher stuff. It’s all very out there. I can’t really say much more about it, I’m afraid. But I think it’ll be really interesting, and it’s a very dark movie, I’m pleased to say. [DOPs] always love the word 'dark'. The trouble is that most producers don’t like dark. Mostly you get into [Digital Intermediate process] and people don’t seem to like dark anymore!"

About the Doctor Strange concept art that was showcased by Disney's African division, it apparently featured a look at Benedict Cumberbatch as neurosurgeon Stephen Strange and Sorcerer Supreme. It also echoes what DOP Ben Davis said about the movie being very dark. And thanks to HTXT.Africaas well as a series of Twitter posts, we have some fairly vague Strange details from early visuals.

Doctor Strange looks dark. Very dark. As in scraping the edge of ‘horror-movie-dark’ and information imparted about the film from Marvel Studios head, Kevin Feige, supports this appraisal. According to Feige, the film will have a firm footing in the shadowy world of the occult and supernatural. While we’re not expecting it to be a true blue horror film, but if it could provide as many chills as say Constantine (the TV series, NOT the film), then that would be great. Oh, and Benedict Cumberbatch looks very fetching in his Doctor Strange get-up. Very fetching

DOCTOR STRANGE May Be Marvel's "Very Dark" FANTASIA Says DOP; Vague Concept Art Details

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah I'm geeked for this.
i think their talent can be used better in other movies :yeshrug: i'm so fed up with these super hero bullshyt movies. Most of them have basically the same plot if you look beyond the explosions and special effects
Yeah cause being a tech genius captured by terrorists who then escapes to only battle with his business partner at home is basically the same plot as a scrawny kid becoming a super soldier during WW2 and then hibernating for almost a century which is basically the same plot as a criminal being recruited to turn small as an insect in order to steal tech from a company before it does real harm is basically the same plot as a kid being abducted by aliens and then banding together with an alien assasin, revenge bent strongman, a talking rac00n and a walking and talking tree with unbelievable strength to save an alien planet from destruction. These are all basically the same plot. lol

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I'm geeked for this.

Yeah cause being a tech genius captured by terrorists who then escapes to only battle with his business partner at home is basically the same plot as a scrawny kid becoming a super soldier during WW2 and then hibernating for almost a century which is basically the same plot as a criminal being recruited to turn small as an insect in order to steal tech from a company before it does real harm is basically the same plot as a kid being abducted by aliens and then banding together with an alien assasin, revenge bent strongman, a talking rac00n and a walking and talking tree with unbelievable strength to save an alien planet from destruction. These are all basically the same plot. lol
look past the bullshyt..... i have not seen them all (i dont really care for them) but i saw avangers and guardians of the galaxy, thor :mjlol: The ratings those movies got.
- Some bad guys are looking to get their hands on some small object witch wields great powers
- the good guys try to stop him from getting that small thing.
- the bad guy wins the first battle and the good guys have a low moral and are scattered
- the good guys somehow get it together and win (some non important character dies) everybody is happy the end
The backstories are not the same but this bullshyt fairy tale plot that always ends the same. It's just not fun for me....Like i saw jurassic park .... i knew how that movie would end i was just waiting for it to end :stopitslime:
Idk if you get what i am saying
Nothing unexpected happens in those movies for me

i still remember seeing GOT when they cut ned starks head off .... i was pissed but at least it caught me by surprise
. I remember buying the books, (i just could not wait for the next season) i just wanted to see what happened next

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
look past the bullshyt..... i have not seen them all (i dont really care for them) but i saw avangers and guardians of the galaxy, thor :mjlol: The ratings those movies got.
- Some bad guys are looking to get their hands on some small object witch wields great powers
- the good guys try to stop him from getting that small thing.
- the bad guy wins the first battle and the good guys have a low moral and are scattered
- the good guys somehow get it together and win (some non important character dies) everybody is happy the end
The backstories are not the same but this bullshyt fairy tale plot that always ends the same. It's just not fun for me....Like i saw jurassic park .... i knew how that movie would end i was just waiting for it to end :stopitslime:
Idk if you get what i am saying
Nothing unexpected happens in those movies for me

i still remember seeing GOT when they cut ned starks head off .... i was pissed but at least it caught me by surprise
. I remember buying the books, (i just could not wait for the next season) i just wanted to see what happened next
xg9krp.jpg

That's pretty much the theme to all these comics though to see it live on screen is the big factor. Everyone knows the story the execution is what counts. They are building these movies up for the Infinity War movies which will be MCUs Magnum Opus