Official Deadpool Thread

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
i'm not really a hero movie guy or into comics so i dont even now who Deadpool is :manny:

Saw the first trailer and was like :gladbron:this looks like it could be dope

Then i saw that 2nd trailer :comeon:

I can already tell the dialogue is gonna be incredibly forced and cheesy. He basically came off as Insert Bro Superhero.

Its just a trailer so who knows...the movie could be great...but my expectations lowered a great bit :mjcry:

This was video game trailer for him back in 2011

He breaks the 4th wall etc....

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
i'm not really a hero movie guy or into comics so i dont even now who Deadpool is :manny:

Saw the first trailer and was like :gladbron:this looks like it could be dope

Then i saw that 2nd trailer :comeon:

I can already tell the dialogue is gonna be incredibly forced and cheesy. He basically came off as Insert Bro Superhero.

Its just a trailer so who knows...the movie could be great...but my expectations lowered a great bit :mjcry:

This was video game trailer for him back in 2011

He breaks the 4th wall etc....

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The 2nd trailer is exactly who the character has been for 20+ years. I've never been a big Deadpool fan but they completely nailed his personality.

Fred.

Not really. Deadpool isn't all Rated R immature dikk & sex jokes. I've said it before, and I'll say it again as many times as I have to, the core of the character is that he acts like a fool as a coping mechanism for the tragedies in his life. He was a cold-blooded killer who got cancer, was experimented on and tortured in the Weapon X program and much like Wolverine had no recollection of his past for many years and most of his past that did come back to him were the horrors he committed, so his mind went a little cuckoo. He's a guy who wants to be a hero but is so afraid of not being up to par to the stature of a "hero" because of his sordid past that he puts himself down. That's also one of the reasons him and Cable are buddies because Cable is just there to do the fukking job and doesn't care about heroic bullshyt, so Deadpool can hang out with him and be condescended by him like he feels other heroes would (and often do).

The idea that he is just this "ha ha" jokester character has consistently lead to his worst stories in comics. When you got a writer who cares/understands (Kelly, Nicieza, Simone), Deadpool is great.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Not really. Deadpool isn't all Rated R immature dikk & sex jokes. I've said it before, and I'll say it again as many times as I have to, the core of the character is that he acts like a fool as a coping mechanism for the tragedies in his life. He was a cold-blooded killer who got cancer, was experimented on and tortured in the Weapon X program and much like Wolverine had no recollection of his past for many years and most of his past that did come back to him were the horrors he committed, so his mind went a little cuckoo. He's a guy who wants to be a hero but is so afraid of not being up to par to the stature of a "hero" because of his sordid past that he puts himself down. That's also one of the reasons him and Cable are buddies because Cable is just there to do the fukking job and doesn't care about heroic bullshyt, so Deadpool can hang out with him and be condescended by him like he feels other heroes would (and often do).

The idea that he is just this "ha ha" jokester character has consistently lead to his worst stories in comics. When you got a writer who cares/understands (Kelly, Nicieza, Simone), Deadpool is great.
i agree with everything you said, cause in regards to the characters "humble beginnings" yeah... he was all of what you said. But we done dived so far deep into the fukkery of the character that most people probably dont even remember the New Mutants Deadpool and all of what made him into a lunatic talking to himself and shyt lol
im probably in the minority cause i love the Merc with a Mouth books
i like the whole HeadPool, PandaPool, LadyPool shyt
i smoke man
its just fun reading when i have down time lol

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
i agree with everything you said, cause in regards to the characters "humble beginnings" yeah... he was all of what you said. But we done dived so far deep into the fukkery of the character that most people probably dont even remember the New Mutants Deadpool and all of what made him into a lunatic talking to himself and shyt lol
im probably in the minority cause i love the Merc with a Mouth books
i like the whole HeadPool, PandaPool, LadyPool shyt
i smoke man
its just fun reading when i have down time lol

I have no problem with jokey Deadpool but you have to balance it out to make it work. That's why my favorite moment is still the legendary issue where Deadpool doesn't know how to deal with some shyt, then remembers that whenever heroes fight each other, they come to great realizations, so he decides to go pick a fight with Wolverine, and this confrontation ensues:

2rpb4ep.jpg

Then they fight and Deadpool of course actually comes to a great realization that helps him with the issues he's dealing with. :deadrose:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I get what you're saying but he's only been handled the way you're talking about by a handful of people, in a few arcs. I doubt they'll get into all that in the movie.

Fabian Nicieza even said he was originally supposed to be a goofy wise ass character with no real depth. During "New Mutants" he was basically just a generic merc then the fukkery came then it seems like they tried to give him some depth.

Fred.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Have you read any of Duggan/Posehn's current run?

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I get what you're saying but he's only been handled the way you're talking about by a handful of people, in a few arcs. I doubt they'll get into all that in the movie.

Fabian Nicieza even said he was originally supposed to be a goofy wise ass character with no real depth. During "New Mutants" he was basically just a generic merc then the fukkery came then it seems like they tried to give him some depth.

Fred.

Why the hell not? Kelly is the one who started giving the character depth in his first solo book. Those 30 issues of his run (not all of it of course) is the material they could easily draw from (which they seem to be somewhat doing with the inclusion of Weasel and Blind Al in the movie, but I'm not seeing much semblance to their roles in the comics yet).

And yeah, Deadpool outgrew Nicieza's intentions but even he largely much followed up on Kelly's ideas of Deadpool as the reluctant anti-hero trying to go good when he was writing Cable & Deadpool, which was the second best run for the character.

Have you read any of Duggan/Posehn's current run?

Yeah, it's pretty decent. Not a fan of the current reboot of the same damn book that's going on right now actually but the start of their run is pretty good stuff, and still solid later on.