Official DayZ Zombie Survival Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
is there any sort of endgame?

like what happens after i get geared up?

do i just go around doing :demonic: things to other players?

eventually we'll get vehicles. like the mod, you'll probably have to fix it first. or just shoot someone and take theirs :whistle:

hopefully we'll get some 'base building' type stuff. in general it's supposed to a very open game, where you can do what you want. the only goal is survival

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
you gotta learn the map

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.080.092

your first priority should be getting food and water, because you spawn hungry and thirsty. water is pretty easy if you can find a water pump (you see them all over that map). find a water pump, and drink until it says "your stomach is full". then you won't have to drink for like an hour. to get food, you're probably gonna need a can opener or something sharp (you can use a knife or axe, but you lose some food that way). in the process, look for cargo pants, shirts with pockets, and backpacks. when you find food (stay away from rotten fruit), like the water, just eat as much as you can. the more you eat, the longer you can go without seeing that "you feel hungry" crap

when you get your thirst and hunger under control, head for a military area. the airfield at Balota has stuff, but it's usually cleaned out, and dangerous. my old route from Kamenka to NWAF turned into a gold mine. there's a military base north of Kamenka (SW corner of the map), and a few more north of that

oh yeah, there's zombies. try to stay away from them. if they see you, try to break their 'line of sight'. it can be tricky because they walk through fences and cheat (alpha). the axe is definitely the best melee weapon to fight them with. you can also punch them in the head, and they usually get knocked down, then you can run away. don't stick around and try to fight them with your bare hand though. it might be fun, but you'll lose a lot of blood

and don't try to drink the alcohol :whoa: that's to clean your wounds

I made that trek and cleaned up

:salute:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

that's the DayZ mod for Arma 2 (a sandbox military simulator). that's where it started. it was a popular mod for Arma 2, the company that made Arma 2 hired the modder ("rocket"), and together they're making the DayZ standalone game (what you have)

as you can see, the original mod has way more stuff in it. that's because most of that stuff was already in Arma. all the models in the standalone are new, and being made 'from scratch'. so new stuff should roll out periodically

I'm not sure if that video is the 'vanilla' DayZ mod (edit: it's not vanilla since it's on the Namalsk map), or one of it's variants. but wow Frankie makes good videos :wow:

if you're really interested in the original mod, you need "Arma 2: Combined Operations" to play it

Last edited:

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif
This game is dope as fukk!! I didn't get to play it that much because my computer went to shii.

The funniest thing someone did to me was run by me with a horde of zombies behind me and they started chasing me:russ:.

I then ran into the water think they'd stop and when I turned around they were swimming right behind me looking like :shaq:...

The suspense of this game:ohlawd:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
small update today

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options
Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn
Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed:

Design: Player corpses should no longer despawn upon disconnect
Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times)
Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

update today as well:

New:

Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)
Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans
Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)
Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)
Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

Fixed:

Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton
Server: Player location rubberbanding (ongoing)
Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
This game is fukking hilarious to watch...the amount of fukkery that goes on is ridiculous. I saw some clips on youtube and streams of ppl robbing people/getting robbed

pure comedy...

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just bought this. shyt is borderline unplayable right now. Bugs have me like :deadhorse: